Home

POST Your Bugs Here! (2nd Demo)

Darth_Linux

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This mod is just...fantastic. I got very nostalgic, and I haven't even played the original! (But JK,MotS, JO, JA...)

Bug I had: When you return to your ship in the 2nd level, after crossing the bridge you enter a hall with some doors. Behind one I encountered a double saber wielding Sith reborn, which was unfortunate, because he kicked the ... out of me.

I first sort It was some model replacement thing(that I didn't have the right version of JA) but I did happen only there. Strange.

Please, please, complete this mod! I just love it. Got to finish level 3 now... ;)

Andy, btw, the lips not moving adds to the nostalgica!

• 4 months later...

theres a part in the second level where you can use jump crouch to get onto here

shot0102.jpg

and then view this area

shot0103.jpg

the door way behind this also shows nothing beyond it (area portal?) when viewed from the ledge

shot0104.jpg

Please make sure you have no other mods,

that you are using JA with latest patch (v1.01 i think).

And check if you have downloaded the curent version of DFMOD for JA,

and that you have installed it correctly (following the instructions in the readme,

or by using the included setup).

• 3 months later...

Ahhh, I have a small problem here.

I've just downloaded your mod, and I have to say, it's absolutely fantastic. SecBase looks phenomenal, looks almost exactly like the original. (although i haven't played DF for... i dunno, 4 or 5 years?) Haven't found any of the secrets yet, and i never COULD find the Emperor hologram room in both versions. xD Talay looks incredible, I've never seen it look so well. But on both levels I get small FPS problems. Yes yes I know, tone down graphics settings.

Anyway, on to ze bug.

One, I didn't get the cutscene after I completed SecBase. Instead, I got the next mission's briefing with the cutscene sound overlapping each other. Did I miss a download? xD

And I have downloaded this entire mod. :)

i DID beat the level in 5 minutes. >..>

well, i replayed the level, and i got the cutscene. Maybe I pressed enter one too many times or something.

but funny thing: when i got the talay briefing i could have sworn I heard "YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!"

• 2 months later...

There is a small bug in level 3.

I was searching for a way to get to the other side of the large room inside the sewers; the room that I filled with sewage by hitting the switch in a smaller room.

Not knowing that this filling was a timed event, I found this room emptied again a couple of times.

So then I stayed in the smaller room after hitting the switch, saw that an entrance closed and that the large room filled with sewage, and after a minute or so I hit the same switch again.

Then I noticed that the entrance opened up again, while the large room was still full of ...ehm...sewage.

Then I went to the four switches in the outside area, and made my way to the large sewage room by taking another tunnel.

By then the room was already emptied, but the entrance, which I opened again, was now closed! I was trapped in the large sewage room and there was no way out any more.

Good thing I save my games a lot.

But true, I liked the mystery of the opened and closed entrance; it gives the gameplay more or less the feel of the Myst game, and it enhances the puzzle.

Though this was obviously not intended, I like such mysteries and it would be great if such things would be made deliberately, that is, if they stay logical and not an improbable fluke of course.

• 2 months later...
I'm a mac user who's got the Dark forces mod demo to work. Hold down shift while double clicking the Jedi Academy application or single clicking the application in the dock. Type the "+set fs_game foldername" in the thing that comes up and hit ok.

Mac users! This no longer works after the universal binary patch for Intel Macs (v1.01e build 9467). A workaround: have the dark folder in your home folder ~/Libary/Application Support/Jedi Academy. Rename the base folder in the same location (the one in ~/Libary/Application Support/Jedi Academy) to something else, like base1 (doesn't matter). Rename the dark folder to base. Run Jedi Academy. The mod is forced to load because this substitutes the mod for the standard game (obviously, change the names back to restore the standard game).

This method actually works better than using the fs_game parameter because, before, I never had the Crow fly in at the end of Secbase, but with the folder rename method, it's there. Pretty!

FYI, if you're playing on an Intel Mac you more than likely have a widescreen, so be sure to edit these parameters in jaconfig.cfg to get full-res widescreen in JA:

seta cg_fov "90.3997378108"

seta r_mode "-1"

seta r_fullscreen "1"

seta r_customwidth "1440"

seta r_customheight "900"

The cg_fov value is correct for a 16x10 aspect ratio. (Visit http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/fovcalc.php if you need a different calculation.) The r_customwidth and r_customheight should correspond to the resolution of your display (my settings are for a 17" iMac), or if that runs too slowly, a lower resolution from the list in the Displays panel of System Preferences (any that don't have stretched variants are widescreen).

If you want to have the same jaconfig.cfg settings for regular SP and the dark mod, make sure the same copy of jaconfig.cfg is in both your regular ~/Libary/Application Support/Jedi Academy/base folder and in ~/Libary/Application Support/Jedi Academy/dark.

• 3 weeks later...

Great MOD guys! I really love the nostalgia and the quality of the conversion!

I was very impressed by the models and the levels, actually, I was impressed by the whole mod!

I have a few things to report.

1. The weapons are always very dark. I assume this is just because of the lighting in the level? I like the look of the weapon models but they are always so dark I can't apreciate how cool they look.

2. The voice acted parts, not recorded from the game, are very quiet. For example when listening to the storm troopers chatting before the doorway in Talkay(?) base and when Kyle talks about needing the power on, "I'm not getting anywhere without the generator", etc.

3. Enemies can see you through doors!

4. A strange bug in the tab menu. If you cycle through weapons by clicking the left arrow it will not cycle through properly, it actually cycles through to a weapon you don't have at the time. I think it cycles to dark trooper rifle?...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

And there is a bug in the 5th mission Gromas Mines ("The Blood Moon"). In the mines, dont know how to explain, but somewhere in shaft (where you go down by lift, to get the key from dead officer) there is a couple of crates by the right side of the wall, and in the end of this crates when you go around the right to the wall, there is a bug with missing textures (on those crates) or something... "strange" :) (the similar problem in mission 4 "Test Base", where in some places missing textures) ...

P.S. I know this isn't that big problem, but it still a bug i think...:)

And i found another problem in this area... where you go down by lift (the button on this platform) its normal, but when i push a button and lift goes up i jump down when lift start go up, and there is no way to call this platform from there! i mean, there is no way to go up! please, do something to this, make a button or something to call a lift from there... (in lower level where take a key from dead officer)

similar problem with the trolley car... when you travel on it, i wanted to jump off (from the enter way in the trolley) and i fall down but im still be alive)) and i can't get out! do something to this please... it realy disturbing

And please, do something to saves in game!!! im sick to complete missions for a "thousand" times when i'm killed... and there is a little bug with Kyle itself. When you play along (30 min or so, i dont realy know how this bug occur however) when i switch the hero to third person, there is a REAL bug)) he's all white or something... without any textures probably, i dont know, but it realy upset me...

I found another bugs in this demo... well, not actually a "bug" but a problem for sure! From missions 4 to 6 there is a many walls (mountains), that has so many of these walls a little "lifted" or something (even floating, in mission 6 "Detention Facillity", not far from a player start, i spoted a "wall" that has "floating" on air! and i see eh... "something" thru this wall) so i can see thru them!)) Please find what i mean, and fix it when you realise the final version... And there is another problem that REALY boder me... from the same missions, there is many of rocks laying on the floor, right? so, its realy pissed me off when i want to jump on it and i cant! well, i duno how to explain this, but it sucks! and these rocks is a little HUGE in some places and they very blurred and have the SAME models (and size too)... and those lights in Gromas that pissed me off too! the illumination effect is too bright! and looks BAD... its not real!! In real life, there ain't such effects (lol) i suggest you sould remove this "spot" lightings (sprites... *** in 2007(8) some developers is still using this old metod to make such effects like projectors, lightings; and sprites to make GRASS, leafs on the trees and e.t.) 'couse that would be seemed a LOT better and more real.

P.S. btw, when do you realise it? :)

Archived