Home

Which? AT-TE, or AT-AT

Ranre

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Pho3nix

Well yeah, I guess i'd pick the AT-AT because it's bigger, but AT-ST has ability to have 3 guys inside, whereas AT-ST only has 2

umm I didn't really get that AT-ST has ability to have 3 guys inside, whereas AT-ST only has 2????????? do you mean:AT-TE has ability to have 3 guys inside, whereas AT-AT only has 2

I'm sure he did. :)

I like the AT-TE, but it's kinda small. :D

It definatly has a better fire coverage though, with 4 forward mounted cannons, 4 rear mounted cannons and a bigass turret on top. :D

But, it's not a troop transport, and it doesn't instil as much awe-ness and fear as the AT-AT does IMHO, just by looking at it.

Still, it is very devastating to footsoldiers, there's no doubt there. Much more so than the AT-AT because of the fire coverage.

AT-TE is too weak for my tastes...I'd hate to see how that thing would fare against Vanguards.

AT-AT's are just so much more badass too, and they also force you to be conscious of what you are shooting at. And being tripped isn't something you have to worry about if you've got a half decent team behind you...Besides, if you time it right you can shoot down the speeder trying to rope you too.

AT-TE's weak? They have 5x as much firepower as the AT-AT. Same laser shots, fires 4 of em instead of 2, and you can fire twice in a row. Extra guns, powerful top turret fan fire everyway and it is more maneuverable. AT-AT can even fire on less of an area because it is higher up and it can't aim up. AT-TE can.

You AT-AT people have no idea what you are talking about.

I still say that the AT-AT has more armor then the AT-TE. My reasons are is because when im on single player, the AT-TE is almost complelty destroyed or on Rhen Var, the extra turret helps but with the lack of armor, we can't excactly say the AT-TE is the best.

However I do kill a lot more in the AT-TE then in the AT-AT:D .

Originally posted by Iceman_IX

AT-TE's weak? They have 5x as much firepower as the AT-AT. Same laser shots, fires 4 of em instead of 2, and you can fire twice in a row. Extra guns, powerful top turret fan fire everyway and it is more maneuverable. AT-AT can even fire on less of an area because it is higher up and it can't aim up. AT-TE can.

You AT-AT people have no idea what you are talking about.

Have you put an AT-TE up against an AT-AT? Until you have, it's you who has no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, the AT-TE has more guns, but they do NOT fire the same ordinance. More guns != more firepower - the AT-AT main cannons are far more powerful. The AT-TE lasers are more like the side lasers on an AT-AT - In fact I don't think even the top turret on the AT-TE is as powerful as one of the AT-AT main lasers (I will check this later). The AT-TE is only slightly more maneuverable if at all, but given that opposing vehicles generally start facing each other, this gives no advantage. To top it off, my observations indicate that the AT-AT has somewhere around twice the armor of an AT-TE.

You are completly correct that the AT-AT has more armor, It's true. However the AT-TE (even with its extra turret) shoots out more then the AT-AT in longer bursts and still has enough for 2-3 more shots until a charge.

The AT-AT and the AT-TE are VERY well matched. The AT-TE's turret does lots of damage if it hits the target strait on. Again the turrets attack is sloooooow, but that is what gives the AT-TE it's slight advandage in sheer power.

but they do NOT fire the same ordinance

...um yeah they do. You can tell just by the range at which you can kill infantry with it. The splash damage is the same. Basically the same speed. I just played Hoth and Geonosis and played in the AT-AT and AT-TE the whole time.

The AT-TE lasers are more like the side lasers on an AT-AT - In fact I don't think even the top turret on the AT-TE is as powerful as one of the AT-AT main lasers

Yes you should check that out. Because you are way off.

NOPE...... the main gun on the AT-AT is far more powerful then everithing else on the game, that's the reason it's only got one shot at the time.

and the AT-TE cant fight as hard as the AT-AT but has one advantege over the AT-AT, the rear gun. non of the guns on the AT-TE is as powerful as the AT-AT main gun that's the reasen they shot double.

:atat: The AT-AT rules the world (word from a AT-AT fan) :atat:

...um yeah they do. You can tell just by the range at which you can kill infantry with it. The splash damage is the same. Basically the same speed. I just played Hoth and Geonosis and played in the AT-AT and AT-TE the whole time.
I don't need to tell by roughly comparing in the game. I can just load up the code in a hex editor and see it for sure. If you like I could post screenshots or videos of the AT-AT on Geonosis so you can see how easily it destroys the CIS walkers. Playing the AT-AT on Geonosis really shows how much more powerful it is than the AT-TE.

Or I could just make an AT-AT vs AT-TE mod to prove the point, if you insist.

Originally posted by Ranre

I'm not gonna take sides (even thought I like the AT-TE more) but yes the top turret does a conciderable more amount of damage then really anything in the whole game.

How are you comparing this? Have you fired the AT-AT cannon at a CIS Spider walker? If not, how do you know the AT-TE top turret does more damage? For that matter, how do you know it does more damage against anything?

Archived