Which? AT-TE, or AT-AT

Ranre

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at this post It made everyone hate me:(

Originally posted by Armydude71490

The AT-AT :atat:

Its cannons are way stronger for one, though slow and its armor is far better the rebels were firing anti vehicle turrets at it (dish turret battle of hoth eps. 5) and the coulden't even hurt it!

First off to put it in the game they had to WEAKEN it because of huge balance problums!

The At-TE was STRENGHED for this game first off it could only carry 20 troops so less of a moble spawn!

The At-at however could carry 40 troops with living quarters and speeder bikes, or 2 AT-ST so

WTF learn your starwars!

AT-AT http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atat/index.html

AT-TE http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atte/index.html

Be sure to read the Expanded universe section 2:atat:

I was just stating facts when everyone was like woh facts that will make me look bad so I better flame!

Yes It was an angry post but come on!

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Like I said, the AT-AT is better at long range. I highly doubt we will ever see them fightin in close range.

Most comparisons given by most people here rely on a retarded pilot on one side and a half decent one in the other.

And that is why I hate comparisons on forums!

The AT-AT. Sure, it can be taken out easily by itself by Snowspeeders, but if you have the AT-ST defending it, or you have another AT-AT to walk beside, AND if you have two Imp pilots inside it, you're a devastating force.

The way I see it, is that AT-AT's are big moveable bases with a powerful cannon. the AT-TE's are more of a weapon. The AT-TE can get along fine by itself, while the AT-AT needs support.

Neither, the AT-TE gets owned by the Seperatist tanks and the AT-AT gets owned by snow speeders.

But if I had to make a choice it would be the AT-AT. The AT-AT lasers are actually quite fast its just that you are so high up it takes a while for them to hit the target giving the illusion of slow moving lasers plus it can move its head around to make up for its slow turning but the AT-TE takes half an hour to attack a target a few pixels away from the crosshair. You may say that the top cannon makes up for this but the lasers fired from it are so slow and are easyer to dodge than grenades and have almost no blast radius.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Darth Alec

What?? vanguards can't even hurt the AT-AT (well mayby but not much) and who teamkill's like that (ark troopers are on team with the AT-TE).

yes they can. and still, at-te sucks. by the way, the at-at can transport troops. too bad that it can't in this game.

Originally posted by GlobalStrike

From xbox.com.

AT-TE: The Heaviest Artillery

The AT-TE is the biggest, baddest, and, unfortunately, slowest vehicle in the game. It deals out more damage than any other vehicle, but the key is to have it fully manned.

They probebly ment the clone/cis era Since: the AT-AT is bigger many think it's badder (like me:) ) and it's probebly a little slower.

And the AT-AT has way more powerfull armor, i think that's proven.

Originally posted by Darth Alec

They probebly ment the clone/cis era Since: the AT-AT is bigger many think it's badder (like me:) ) and it's probebly a little slower.

And the AT-AT has way more powerfull armor, i think that's proven.

yupp. they probably ment that the at-at is biggest and baddest in the clone war era. the at-at is bigger and badder. and probably many people think that. (at least I think so)

Even if they were set up in a fight, it would all depend on position.

Lets say they start at opposite ends of the map, AT-AT wins. Close together, AT-TE wins.

And just for the record, the AT-TE may have more guns, but one gun can ONLY fire forward, and one can ONLY fire backward. So they only place an AT-TE could possibly use ALL of its guns on the AT-AT is under it. But the AT-AT would blow it to bits before it got there. (Unless it spawned there.)

The correct way to test the firepower and armor on the two, is to place them well within firing range, and let both fire all (or in the case of the AT-TE, the top gun plus forward guns/rear guns) their weapons at eachother, to see who drops first.

They both have to start at the same time.

Do this for a few times to eliminate any lag issues, maybe switch the gunners and drivers around between the vehicles.

Archived