Home

Which? AT-TE, or AT-AT

Ranre

On Rhen Var I got in the AT-AT as a pilot at the start, then had 80 kills and no deaths at the end. Later, I played as a pilot in the AT-TE, think I'd have a repeat, but damage was dealt too fast for me to repair and I died.

In a full battlefield situation, a fully manned AT-TE would be better, because it has a ton of guns in bunches of directions.

When you're talking about just one person mannign it, the AT-AT wins out for sure. All it's firepower is pretty much concentrated into just the primary cannons, which have great damage and the splash area. The AT-TEs guns don't so as much, but they fire more. But since they're so low, they don't have as good position for firing. An AT-AT can fire across a whole map and decimate troops all over the place. AT-TEs pretty much fight whatever is in front of them.

The AT-AT has more armor, but it also has the advantage of height. When you shoot it, you have to shoot up. A CIS tank can roll along beating up troops and shoot at an AT-TE when it's close. THe AT-TE is also vulnerable to shots that aren't even meant for it. But it takes concentration to attack an AT-AT, and when someone, vehicle or infantry, is looking up to attack, they're distracted and can't do much else for the time being. Meaning they either have to look down to defend themselves or get killed whil they're still attacking the AT-AT. I think that's a big overlooked advantage of the AT-AT.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow im glad to see how far this has gone but not to get off topic here. I posted back a looooooong time ago and havent been on cause my mother board and modem fried. But yes, AT-TE, is Badder the the AT-AT. Anyone of these guys will go down with enough surpresion fire on it. When I was on Rhen Var I saw VanGuards Shoot at the AT-AT(Then relocate so not to get toasted) and shoot at it again faster then the AT-At could duke it out with all the forces and make repairs.

My opinion still stays the same, AT-TE

Bloody hell...

How can you compare situations that are totally different?

On Rhen Var, the AT-AT has to face the mighty rebel Vanguard. A bunch of them can shoot more rockets in a small amount of time then any other civ's rocket troopers.

Of course it's natural to see Vanguards take down an AT-AT faster, it's two rockets for the price of one.

The AT-TE only has tp face the droid rocket troopers that has to shoot one rocket at a time.

Do the math.

On Hoth, the AT-AT has to face Vanguards, snowspeeders and turrets.

On Geonosis, the AT-TE has to face rockets troopers and a combo of Hailfire /Homing Spider droids that have anti-vehicle weapons that wouldn't scratch an Ewok's butt.

Have you guys ever had a science class? When you compare two substances, you have to submit them to the exact same test or your results are flawed.

Well I don't think that the devs were thinking of that when they made this game. It also depends upon the pilot too, If it's a really bad VanGuard but a good AT-AT then the VanGuard will die right away and visa versa.

at te

cause u can make a human stair case in multiplayer by nd then have ppl like snipers nd explosive dudes get on

can u say DEATH COMES 4 YEH!!!!! just like dwarvn musketeers in warcraft 3

wile on the at at no 1 could hope 2 get on top of cause u cant

i spent a lot of time trying every thing

• 2 weeks later...

i actually think the atat is better cos when i am on rhen var the atte dies quicker but the atat doe'nt although combat speeders are sh*t and atts are good. The turret on the aat can blow an atte to hell. and the turrent on the combat speeder cant And mines can take out an atte easier:atat: AT ATs Rule

Both have advantages so I'm not sure which is actually better. I personally prefer the looks of the AT-AT but don't find it as much fun to use as the AT-TE. And of all the all terrain walkers the scout transport works best for me.

AT-AT has fire power but it's mostly a heavy armored transport. (you'd think the Pentagon would have figured out that an All Terrain Armored Transport beats a HumVee anyday..at least road side bombs). After a little practice the snowspeeders on Hoth can easily keep them under control too. Using them against the shield bunker is good but manning dish turrets at Echo Base can take the shield bunkers out pretty fast too.

I prefer the tactical enforcer better. Lots of guns, it is a command center, low to the ground, stable, evil looking and even once they are taken out another is dropped down to you for use on Geonosis. You can easily take care of a lot of the enemy that are near by and can move around fairly easily..just slow.

Of all the walkers the scout transport is my favorite. Yeah, thin armor, weak guns but they can pop off a lot of damage to enemy patrols quickly. On Hoth you can run around the AT-AT's and in many cases the snowspeeders will crash into you while they try to rope an AT-AT and you can protect the AT-AT while it heads out to the shield bunker.

They all do what they're built for pretty effectively so to say one is better than the other is hard.

One other thing, in comparing any of them it can also depend on how many pilots are inside too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived