Home

Vanguards going after Infantry?

Magnum TOKYO

Or any troop type w/ a rocket launcher for that matter. I can't stand it when people use the rocket class purposely to go after infantry. Aside from the fact it it suuuupppppeeerrrr cheap, it speaks for the skill of the person using it. You really need a rocket meant for a vehicle to kill one person?

Here's to hoping the remove the splash damage from these rockets altogether, that would spread out the cheese a little, no?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. The heave weapons class's rocketlauncher already has almost no splash damage. I haven't seen a mass heavy class players either. Besides, after every shot you need to reload and that takes precious time. After the rockets will be made more effective against vehicles, I think the heavy class is a neice balanced class with which should not be tempered anymore.

Originally posted by Stingray

I disagree. The heave weapons class's rocketlauncher already has almost no splash damage. I haven't seen a mass heavy class players either. Besides, after every shot you need to reload and that takes precious time. After the rockets will be made more effective against vehicles, I think the heavy class is a neice balanced class with which should not be tempered anymore.

I agree. You pretty much have to hit someone straight on with a rocket to kill them, and the reload time is killer too. You won't hit much if you just point in the general direction of someone and shoot. You actually have to lead targets and aim.

Incidentally, I've gotten quite a bit better with the pistol since the rockets run out quickly. :)

haha I love these "honor" players who get on their high-horse and whine that it takes no skill. Limited ammo, ability of infantry to move really fast via rolls and jumps, inability to hit rocket troops, troops on higher ground, and troops at range, the rocket troops have their disadvantages. If the lock-on behavior of the missiles wasn't so bad we could focus on vehicles more. But the seeking is ass.

Rocket troops are a viable class... if you want to beat them and think it's too easy, be them. Then you'll see it's not that easy. You just have to keep moving. We can only kill one person before we have to reload.

It's not cheese. Don't jump to conclusions. The splash damage is almost ridiculously small. You have to aim very well. I get surprised all the time when people don't die and a rocket hit almost right at their feet.

Battlefront doesn't take a boatload of skill to play anyway. It's more arcadeish and purely for fun, with some strategy and tactics thrown in. If anything they should make the normal infantry class better. Less shots to kill someone.

And a note about Vanguards... I DESPISE THEM. Their dual-rocket shot is so stupid. You shoot at something and the rockets diverge, going around the target. I much prefer the Imperials and Clones.

Originally posted by Iceman_IX

And a note about Vanguards... I DESPISE THEM. Their dual-rocket shot is so stupid. You shoot at something and the rockets diverge, going around the target. I much prefer the Imperials and Clones.

The Vanguards can take down vehicles more quickly and are a bit better at closer range fighting because of the dual-rocket shot. But yeah, it's really annoying.

I was just extremely annoyed that night....I'd say at least a third of the rebel team were vanguards so it got pretty intense...was Rhen Var IIRC ....

I know they have their downsides etc etc and I have tried being one....maybe it's just the way I play. I found it a little too easy to kill people being one, hence my response.

PS: The lock on is lacking....it can be intermittent at times.

A good trick when a vangard is to aim at the ground next to your target. You have a better chance of killing him then rather than wiming at him with the launcher. It's also an opportunity for a comedic death if you hit just the right area, they go flying fifty feet and roll several times when they come back down. Hilarious.

You can't hate Van-Gaurd players. I have a friend who is one. Just because the yare good at killing people with roickets does nopt mean they are bad. I am NO rocket launcher because I can never hit, but stop picking on them. They are just like youi exept with rockets. Being a person good with rockets just means they have a VERY high accuracy and are VERY skilled.

Yes I completely agree. Even thought it might be frusturating, VanGuards are really good for one purpose, and that is to defend against Veichals.

Also to add, the rockets are slow so just dont find yourself up against a wall or your dead.

Yeah. If you were to get hit by a VanGuard/Shock Tropper, you were either off guard (which in war you should never), When a Vanguard is right next to you and toasts you both, or when 100's upon thousands of em' are shooting at you from 20ft away.

Yes it's quite sad. I honestley hate the blasted honor code and don't know why people have one in Battlefront. BATTLEFRONT IS WAR! There is no honor. ((Well there is, but people don't have to fight honorabley.)) And haveing rockets means you have alot of Valor because you carrie that slow reloading heavy Rocket Launcher everywhere and people can easily get you. They are easily th most skilled players.

Yeah. If anyoen has played Battlefield 1942, then they would know that even BOTS use rockets on people. I kept on getting killed by BAZOOKAS in that game. There is nothing bad about people killing with rockets because it happens all the time. Just because in Battlefront the bots don't kill people with rockets doesn't mean people can't.

Archived