Home

Vanguards going after Infantry?

Magnum TOKYO

Originally posted by The Hype

I was just extremely annoyed that night....I'd say at least a third of the rebel team were vanguards so it got pretty intense...was Rhen Var IIRC ....

Maybe because they're trying to take down the AT-AT...

There's nothing wrong with rockets. I use them against infantry and they work great. What are you supposed to do? Run head first with your pistol? No, you use your rocket launcher, shoot a single bast to scare your opponent then pull out pistol and rape their ass.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you use your rocket launcher, shoot a single bast to scare your opponent then pull out pistol and rape their ass.

Word. There's no greater satisfaction than when I blast some rifle troop in the face with my pistol. And then die. And see that someone has died on my mines :cool:

i've gotten amazingly accurate with that blasted pistol...i usually take out someone in less hits (with my pistol) that a decent assault person, primarily because the pistol is so accurate. i like using it to snipe (watch out for me as a darktrooper, i will hand you your head on a platter, close or long range)

When I first started playing Battlefront online, I also thought that the rockets were overpowered... but that was because I wasn't used to the game yet. They're fairly easy to dodge with room, and if you get caught in a hallway or something with one, well, you should have been more cautious :)

I have to admit there are a number of maps I specifically choose the Shocktrooper/Vanguard/Whatever for one reason, and one reason only: Mines. You can't believe the defense you have against spawn campers if you cut off chokepoints with mines.

Vanguards are good for defense and I think that's their purpose... not so good for assault because of their slow reload and difficulty to hit small moving targets.

If I had a problem with a class, it would probably be the Clone Jet Trooper because I think his weapon shouldn't 1-shot kill CIS droids... maybe depleat 3/4 of health, but not full. ;)

Hey guys, I'm pretty much always the Rebel Vanguard and I seem to take a lot of flak from my own team, so it's nice to see us vanguards getting a bit of credit:) .

Jet Black, I can see your point about Jet Troopers, but they only get about 6-8 EMP Rockets, and they have practically NO splash damage, so I don't see a problem.

My biggest problem with this game is that people are saying in a patch that vehicles should be made weaker. NO!!! Vehicles at the moment, are mobile coffins, once you get in one, every man on the map seems to be gunning for you. Keep the vehicles the same strength, but make the Rocket class have stronger rockets, so eg. the Vanguard can now take take an AT-ST, but still have (Not too much more powerful) 2 rockets left. It should not take 8-10 rockets to take down an AT-ST. 2 logs can ABSOLUTELY SMASH (!) them, but high-tech, modern rockets cause a dent. You'd think with Hyperdrives and blasters, the rocket technology would have advanced beyond the power of 2 logs.

Originally posted by Rebel_Trooper

Keep the vehicles the same strength, but make the Rocket class have stronger rockets, so eg. the Vanguard can now take take an AT-ST, but still have (Not too much more powerful) 2 rockets left. It should not take 8-10 rockets to take down an AT-ST. 2 logs can ABSOLUTELY SMASH (!) them, but high-tech, modern rockets cause a dent. You'd think with Hyperdrives and blasters, the rocket technology would have advanced beyond the power of 2 logs.

I disagree. Some vehicles need their HP lowered. Such as the Rebel Landspeeder. Come on, that's a puny landspeeder and it has so much firepower and maneuvrability, does it need so many rockets to take down? I can take down an AT-ST with it easily due to the awesome firepower and dodging capabilities. Keep the AT-AT and AT-TE the same though.

Rocket splash damage= In the flames when the rocket hits.

Rockets can be good if your up close though. The Rebel Speeder needs the extra firepower cause the Imps AT-ATs take 2-4 hits to destroy it. Without the speeder the rebels would have hardly any power as far as ground veichles go.

Originally posted by Flaming Dart

Without the speeder the rebels would have hardly any power as far as ground veichles go.

Yes but it's supposed to be used like the Rebel playstyle which are hit-and-run tactics. You're supposed to take out the enemy by surprising them and kill them first before they shoot you. Now you can just drive through masses of enemies without worrying about nothing.

We wouldn't have a problem if they had put some weak spots on the vehicles(front, side and rear armor).

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Yes but it's supposed to be used like the Rebel playstyle which are hit-and-run tactics. You're supposed to take out the enemy by surprising them and kill them first before they shoot you. Now you can just drive through masses of enemies without worrying about nothing.

We wouldn't have a problem if they had put some weak spots on the vehicles(front, side and rear armor).

I know that, but SWBF dosen't allow the Rebels to conduct hit and run attacks because if they abandon their CPs the Imps will take them and then the Rebs. will lose. Plus the bots are too dumb to conduct hit run attacks and there is not enough room to do hit and run attacks, the only way you could pull of a hit and run attack in SWBF is if you had an air transport for 6-12 guys fly in, drop them off, when they're done killing everybody pick them up and fly back, or if you had a super huge map with roads that lead to the Rebels CPs and forests around the roads, then you could have a good hit and run attack.:D

It is possible to do some. You just have to use your brain a bit.

The problem with doing hit & run attacks is you usually will only kill 3-6 guys in SWBF, if guys didn't come back after being killed, then yeah sure hit and run attacks would be a good tactic in SWBF, but since they do come back if your playing humans, you'll have to change your spot. I've tried ambushing in Mos Eisley, but I got bored after about the first ten seconds of sitting around.(good ambush spot is crouching behind one of the boxes right behind the corner.)

The first post on this thread is yet more proof of one of the immutable laws of online gaming that I developed many years ago:

For every online game environment with players A and B, from the perspective of player A:

- every weapon used by player B to kill player A is cheap

- every weapon used by player A to kill player B is skillful.

Note that interchanging perspectives A and B causes the following position change in our formula:

From the perspective of player B:

- every weapon used by player A to kill player B is cheap

- every weapon used by player B to kill player A is skillful

The formula is very flexible, internally and externally consistent, and complete. It is also confirmed by years of observational data. There are additional laws I've identified involving lag, but those are off topic.

Baaahh Back in Forgotten Hope I used to wait half 5 min at a choke point for a tank to pass through then BAM! Got to love the smell of smoking tank in the morning.

Except when you miss...

Except that in SWBF, waiting 5 mins to kill 1 tank won't help your side very much at all ;)

Archived