Home

Vanguards going after Infantry?

Magnum TOKYO

Cool. So, is the aiming with a tank better? Because they have the tank screwed. If you look at a tank, you can tell that the place where it fires is in the middle, but when you jump in and fire, your blast ends up going on the side of the cross hair and you are most likely looking out the center of the tank. It is really dumb.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less BF, more SWBF.

Wilhuf's theory is correct for most of the times. Same for tactics, they're cheap or intelligent.

Vehicle HP: DOWN

Rocket damage (not splash!): A bit higher

Vehicles will have it a bit easier to destroy each other, and the rocket class should have an even better rocket for that then. Surely you can't expect someone to devote a minute or two firing 8 rockets for just 1 vehicle?

They made a big error. Pandemic may have balanced the vehicles, but they balanced 1 pilot vehicles vs a vehicle with 2 gunners. Meaning that if the vehicle has only 1 gunner it's doomed. The AT-ST looked awesome in the movies, it was singing "destruction". Now in tatooine some unknown "combat landspeeder" pwns it by far. I can take out 3 at-sts with it without repairing.

There's not really a problem atm with vanguards going after infantry, the splash damage of the rockets aint high. The splash damage of vehicles is too high, reduce it and we'll see vehicles going after vehicles more often and vanguards going after vehicles.

How a game like this is supposed to be

I think that rocket-damage should be higher, but vehicle hp shouldn't be lowered. That way they who use rockets will be pretty useful for taking down vehicles while normal troops will have to avoid them

And to join the original discussion in this thread: It's easy to dodge rockets. Just roll out of the way then shoot the guy while he is reloading.

Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Tepanna

I think that rocket-damage should be higher, but vehicle hp shouldn't be lowered. That way they who use rockets will be pretty useful for taking down vehicles while normal troops will have to avoid them

And to join the original discussion in this thread: It's easy to dodge rockets. Just roll out of the way then shoot the guy while he is reloading.

Just my 2 cents.

Exsactly, Vanguard arnt a big problem unless you in a veichal.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps infantry rocket damage against vehicles specifically could be increased, while leaving the damage against nonvehicle targets could be kept the same.

And as was also suggested, the damage that speeder rockets do against AT-STs could be toned down a bit. Or speeder armor could be reduced. Currently, not only are speeders faster, but they have more firepower than AT-STs.

• 2 weeks later...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with rocket launchers. The cheese is the mines. Anti-everything, stick anywhere proximity mines, permanent until blown up or set off.

1st beef: They dont dissapear after the owner dies. Ever. He can even switch class and it will kill someone 5 minutes later (usually a lot sooner)

2nd beef: anti-everything. They should have a good (insta-killer) anti-vehicle mine but what they really got is an assassin-like proximity bomb trap.

3rd beef: No skill. I see dweebs barrel rolling into spawn points with the mines equipped, they jump around throwing mines till they die. But then the mines kill us all. On maps like yavin arena, jabbas, half the team will be vanguard mine layers.

But the rockets are all good yo.

Although I am well aware that the Star Wars universe is science fiction, let's not forget that we're discussing civilizations that have mastered faster-than-light travel through parallel dimensions. Thus, one could reasonably assume that advanced metallurgical technology has lead to the development of armor capable of withstanding mere blaster fire, which is really nothing more than concentrated little bursts of heat - I mean, an Apollo-era heat shield could probably work as well. My point is that the vehicle armor being so strong against infantry blasters seems reasonable to me.

Regarding vehicle's strength against rockets, lets assume it were weaker. If so, then vehicles would soon lose their viability on the battlefield as they would be destroyed far too quickly to become useful. As it is now, if two or more vanguards team up, a vehicle can be taken down in less than 10 seconds - that's really pretty quick. Thus, I feel that the vehicle resistance to rockets is about right as well.

Adding rockets to the AT-ST just wouldn't feel very Star Wars-y to me. That's my two cents, keep the change...

It would be fine if there were areas on the vehicles with weaker armor, points where you could deal more damage.

You could scrap the homing system on ground vehicles and instead rely on people's skill to aim for the soft spots.

Problem solved. Good for both realism and gameplay.

And change the Rebel Landspeeder's armor. Man those things can take so much punishment it's ridiculous.

The Speeder isn't a sitting duck, not even half of what the AT-ST is. The speeder has both the advantage of low profile and the ability to strafe.

The AT-St can be more easily spotted and aimed at from half-way across the map.

This is a known fact in tank warfare, the lower your profile is, the better your concealment is.

Of course I never said (nor meant) that the speeder didnt have a low profile. I'm saying that If a ShockTrooper got a good "sniping" post then he could cause some grief. But yes, the AT-ST is a tad slow but what it doesn't have in speed it gives reliable armor and some powerful weapons.

No one said the speeder was a sitting duck from afar but if it stops to get an accurate shot then thats all the more time for it to be scrap metal.

Compared to the firepower of the Speeder, the AT-ST pales in comparison.

You do not need to stop to get a good shot, both are capable of moving and shooting. The only difference is a certain better ease at shooting close ranged with the AT-ST but if you put them both under the same situation, I can say a fully manned Speeder will beat a fully manned AT-ST.

But of course, thats why the Imp's get the Clone wars thing with the mounted laser and walker. It really depends on who is piloting, but if the two went head to head with all the same piloting skills it would be the speeder, as it could literally shoot circles around it.:D

can you snipe people out of the landspeeder? my friend and i were playing the other day and on two occasions he was in the landspeeder and randomly died but the landspeeder was nowhere near being destroyed and was still there after he was dead. i thought it was enclosed, but i was wondering if there was a hole/weak spot where you could take out the pilot.

yes, i already knew you could do that in other vehicles with open cockpits, but i was specifically referring to the republic landspeeder (which appears to have a closed cockpit) and i was wondering if anyone else had experienced what i did.

on a side note, i've been playing the game for months but i just noticed yesterday on the docks level that if you throw a grenade or shoot an EMP into the water a bunch of dead fish float up. it made me chuckle.

Archived