Home

linux port?

stubert

Well, I've finally gotten access to a system where I can compile linux ports so I don't exactly need the help anymore.

However, I could always delegate, but the current issue is that all the known servers aren't interested in running anything other than server only games...and OJP hasn't been properly tested in server only mode.

Small basic fixes that benefit the game (things that "should have been in the game in the first place) from basic will benefit the most from the server only stuff.

Something like Enhanced is obviously something that needs to be treated like a mod, but the other stuff?

I don't see why a person like slider can create a huge, idiotic mod and make it server only, but OJP can't?

No offense Raz, but I think you're talented enough to do it, the question is are you patient enough to get through the testing and periods of people not helping with servers?

I know it sucks, but that's the life of a modder... I'm sure you realized that when you signed up.

Anyway, I don't mean that as a flame, just a constructive criticism.

Currently there is NO server mod I can confidently run. Either I will be using an abusive mod and not using most of the commands, or it'll be some mod that people have to download first in order to use, and not everyone will want to use because of altered gameplay.

I'd much rather use a "tweaked & fixed" basejka server mod, which OJP basic (I assume, from what you've said in the past) was intended to be.

Please reconsider... for the sake of the players who aren't brainwashed into the JA+ h0n0rz school.

Well, it's a chicken and the egg issue.

Server admins want fully tested mods, but you can't fully test something without servers.

Since I've had no takers, I have to assume that noone is truely interested in providing the server nessicary for testing or using a finished server-only Basic.

Slider has been able to do server-only because he's been doing that from the beginning, has been living with the sacrifices you have to make, and has a steady server with which to test everything.

Secondly, I'm getting to a point in the CoOp coding where it's going to get more and more difficult to impliment the CoOp stuff without going BG.

Archived