Home

'Do or Do Not, There is No Try' MI5

Lecter 66

I believe that perhaps after the whole Sam & Max 2 fiasco, I've been considering the real face of LucasArts. They dominate their whole face on the creation of Star Wars, on which the whole company was created. Already the website has been filled with several Star Wars games being Battlefront, Knights of the Old Republic II and Jump to Lightspeed. However LucasArts gave sealed their own fate, Ep III is due for release and of course a Ep III game has been scheduled.

But they cannot continue with the Star Wars franchise, not forever. With the end of plot and the overall disbanding of Star Wars, they'll have no choice to return to Adventure Games. But will the Adventure Gamers accept this?

Perhaps LucasArts will deliver the same drivel that was EMI, which was a waste of time and plot. The ability to bring MI to 3D failed dismally. I personally think that CMI was one of the best games I've ever played. However EMI had no plot and the one-liners stank like rotten bananas, should we leave Monkey Island in the hands of LucasArts? After EMI?

5 years have passed since the last release pf MI, and adventure games have been overthrown by Star Wars and Indiana Jones, though that has suffered.

I hope that LucasArts or any others deliver the fifth chapter of the MI saga, of which Ron Gilbert should be involved.

> But they cannot continue with the Star Wars franchise, not forever. With the end of plot and the overall disbanding of Star Wars, they'll have no choice to return to Adventure Games.

They can continue to make Star Wars games. No matter what. There were Star Wars games well after SW6 and well before SW1. The lack of new movies didn't stop the interest in them and the SW universe.

Why should they return to adventures? They (and their developers, well actually it was mainly the independent developers) were successful in other genres like FPS (Dark Forces series) and RPG (KOTOR). They have also tried different strategy flavors (Rebellion, Afterlife...), MMO (Galaxies) and tactical multiplayer games (Battlefront). To what degree those games' success was due to the SW theme, I cannot tell.

> The ability to bring MI to 3D failed dismally.

The crap-fest that was EMI had little to do with the fact that it was 3D (only the characters were 3D, anyways).

Gilbert won't be back for MI5, fact, he's moved on, people do that, he's very happy producing a Grumpy Gamer blog on the internet and I don't think he'll even think about returning to Lucasarts or the MI franchise.

Lucasarts can and will produce crappy Star Wars games for years to come, more stories will be made up, the universe will live and thrive through the games, deal with it.

Lucasarts have lost their will to make good adventure games, lets all just leave it for other decent companies to do. TLJ2 should prove to be quite good.

Hmmm...EMI one of the greatest games ever??? I could name you 50 games that are better than it. Go ahead ask me to. Telltales recent hints has me thinking they are making MI5. If its Full Trottle 2 I will be pissed! I hope companies take all of Lucasarts adventure liscenses. They don't deserve them anymore.

Originally posted by Glamador

well frankly, i thought the Escape from Monkey Island is one of the greatest games ever...i really loved it, thought it was funny, and utterly insane. On what basis are you bashing it so much?

I'm not gonna start that again. I'll just give you these names to ponder over. Grim Fandango, Sam n Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle, the 3 previous Monkey Island games, Broken Sword 1, 2 and even 3, The Longest Journey, Full Throttle, to a certain degree, The Dig (it's still a lot better than EMI) and others.

I'll just give you these names to ponder over. Grim Fandango, Sam n Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle, the 3 previous Monkey Island games, Broken Sword 1, 2 and even 3, The Longest Journey, Full Throttle, to a certain degree, The Dig (it's still a lot better than EMI) and others.

AGREED !!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of these titles are in such a higher league than EMI that they can't even see eachother!!!!

Originally posted by smokes o' pot

Hmmm...EMI one of the greatest games ever??? I could name you 50 games that are better than it. Go ahead ask me to.

go on then.

Hang on, me first!

In no particular order:

1. 1.MI1

2.MI2

3.MI3

4.Soldat

5.GTA:San Andreas

6.GTAIII

7.GTA:Vice City

8.GTA

9.GTA2

10.GTA: London

11.The Sims

12.The Sims 2

13.THPS1

14.THPS2

15.THPS3

16.THUG

17.THUG2

18.Def Jam: Vendetta

19.Def Jam: Fight for NY

20.Stuntman

21.Driv3r

21.Jazz Jackrabbit

22.Jazz Jackrabbit 2

23.Jazz Jackrabbit christmas

24.Star Wars: Battlefront

25.Independence War

26.Independence War 2:Edge of Chaos

27.SW:Star Fighter

28.Spider Man

29.Spider Man 2

30.Spider Man the movie game

31.Spider Man the movie game 2

32.Deus Ex

33.Deus Ex 2

34.Burnout

35.Burnout 2

36.Burnout 3

37.Black & White

38.Fable

39.Splinter Cell

40.Splinter Cell 2

41.Track & Feild

42.Killzone

43.PES

44.PES 2

45.PES3

46.PES4

47.Red Card

48.The Simpsons: Hit and Run

49.Enter The Matrix

And, last but not least.....

50........CHESS!!!!

[/list=1]

*wipes forehead* phew, that was tiring. What was the list again?

....Oh yeah, I remember.

Archived