Home

trilogy DVDs

Leper Messiah

Ive been reading bout the new DVD release of the Star Wars trilogy, is it true that at the end of Return of the Jedi theyve put Hayden Christensen in as Anakin with Obi Wan and Yoda?

oh and also in A New Hope have they kept in the immortal goof where the stormtrooper smacks his head on the doorway? :D

the new anakin doesn't make sense, but there you go.

Read the other thread, and maybe even revive the arguement if you want.

Short summary:

EP4 = awesome video, messed up sound, annoying changes

EP5 = awesome video, awesome sound, very few changes

EP6 = great sound and video (but it isn't as noticeable as it has always been pretty good), semi-annoying changes.

Extras = interesting, but a few obvious missing ones like deleted scenes....

PS/ As far as i know the stormtrooper was SUPPOSED to bash his head. It wasn't a mistake, just a little in-joke.

Originally posted by jedijohn

where abouts is that classic moment i've looked everywhere for that dumb stormie.

It's in ANH on the deathstar. After Han and Luke and Chewie leave to rescue princess leia and 3PO and R2 are in the control room alone and the stormtroopers come in. One of the ones in the back bashes his head.

Originally posted by toms

Extras = interesting, but a few obvious missing ones like deleted scenes....

Yeah, I think they really should have included the deleted scenes. I mean, Episodes I and II have how many each? Seven or so? The only place I know of where you can watch the OT deleted scenes is the "Behind the Magic: The Insider's Guide to Star Wars" CD (which I'm proud to say I still own :D). The Insider's Guide CDs really are a great idea, but they would be even better if they were updated with new information. I know that will never happen though, as they are at least five years old now.

Originally posted by toms

PS/ As far as i know the stormtrooper was SUPPOSED to bash his head. It wasn't a mistake, just a little in-joke.

It wasn't intended, but now they've just... accepted it I guess, tha'ts why they added a sound effect this time around. :p

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

They can't remove the stormtrooper hitting his head, they tied it into the prequels. The stormtroopers are genetically pre-disposed towards bumping their heads. That is why Jango bumps his when he is running into the Slave I.

this is true. I read Rick MacCallum talking about that... funny :D

and please dont start the OMG Hayden = Ghost thing again :p

mtfbwya

Archived