Home

Real Hobbits

Boba Rhett

Lol. NOONE can be as hairy as an ape. A problem with monkies evolveing to humans

1) THE BACK BONE! They slouch down, then one day they find out their child or they are graduely changeing and their back bone is up right? I don't think so.

2) Hairy...ness? To much hair. The ysuddenly find out thay all their hair is beginning to just fall off and never grow back? uhhhhhhhhh NO!

3) the tail. The monkies with tails, do their tails just eventualy fall off? I MEAN COME ON! Did we just evolve from apes or what?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

My only problem with evolution is that I do not see how a speciation could occur. In order for something to be of a different species, it has to be unable to produce fertile offspring with a member of a different species (although I'm not sure how species are defined for asexual species). So, in order for a new species to survive past the second generation, there would have to be two identical mutations (and they have to be mutations that result in a new species), at the same time, in the same location, and have to mate together. Of course, this would require inbreeding to continue the species, and would result in a dangerously low amount of biodiversity, and a species that is easily threatened with extinction. So for the species to really last, there would have to be even more identical mutations in the same area and time. This just seems too improbable to me. That being said, I am not a Christian, and I dont believe creationism is the way God works. So for now, I assume that there is something else we have not though about it, and keep an open mind.

Here is how it works!

when a mutation comes in, there doesn't HAVE to be TWO identical mutations at the same pace at the same time! just ONE will do!

the mutant, is STILL simular enough to breed with a "normal" version of the species and there will be a good chance the mutation will pass on!

A girl can still have her father's eyes even when her mother didnt HAVE a nose like that!

Yes that works for adaptation, and physical change. I am perfectly willing to accept that. What I was referring to was speciation. By definition, a new species could not produce fertile offspring unless it was with another member of the same species. So one member of a new species would not be enough.

I seem to gather that your entirely unbiased homeschooling hasn't really explained evolution to you. Its kind of odd that you don't realise that all the smartest men in on the planet have been researching this subject for decades, and they pretty much all think evolution is true.... you wouldn think they would have considered your point b now... ;-)

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

1) THE BACK BONE! They slouch down, then one day they find out their child or they are graduely changeing and their back bone is up right? I don't think so.

Er... I just showed you a picture of an ape that can stand upright, so that blows your theory out of the water...

You do realise that these changes took place very slowly over 4million years? That is 80,000 generations, with a little version upgrade each time. We are MS Ape v80000.2 (beta) ;-)

Over the past 200 years we have grown (on average) by several inches (due to changes in environment and diet), so is it so amazing that over 20,000 times that time we developed more than that?

They found skeletons of apes that walked upright:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/cavemen/factfiles/australopithecus_afarensis.html

here is a flash game explainiing WHY apes began to walk upright:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/cavemen/challenge/test_game1.html

2) Hairy...ness? To much hair. The ysuddenly find out thay all their hair is beginning to just fall off and never grow back? uhhhhhhhhh NO!

Erm, humans that live in cold climates ethnically have more hair than those that live in warm climates. Monkeys and apes (and other creatures like foxes) that live in cold climates have more hair than those that live in warm climates... how did that happen? Why would it not happen just as much to our decendents as to all the other animals?

3) the tail. The monkies with tails, do their tails just eventualy fall off? I MEAN COME ON! Did we just evolve from apes or what?

Hmm... in a few decades we bred animals (dogs, etc..) without tails just by cross breeding. That is just an artificially spread up form of evolution. After all, once we stopped hanging around upside down in trees we really didn't need tails anymore did we?

More info on evolution, as you obviously haven't really been taught about it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/cavemen/

PS/ Black people have "the mark of cain"????? are you kidding???

Archived