Home

Do or do not, there is no try. My philosophy on life and it came from a puppet.

Nairb Notneb

Over the past few years of my life I have adopted a philosophy "Do or do not, there is no try". Yes these are the wise words of Yoda and I too can now say that he is the Jedi Master that instructed me. I am being serious here, this is not a joke. I do my best to live my life by this simple ideal.

When face with a task or goal that I need to accomplish that is daunting and seemingly impossible, I approach it with an attitude that I will accomplish it, or either I will not. There are only two options for me, because in the end that is all there really is. If I start off with an attitude of "I will TRY", then I am already making an excuse as to why I have failed. "Trying" is setting up an exit strategy for failure. Doing is accomplishing a goal. Not doing is failing and requires you to get it done. If the task can not be done then so be it. It is out of your control and it can be considered done as much as possible. Therefore you did not fail.

Life is all about your mental attitude, your perspective. You will be happy in your situation if you chose to be. Do or do not, there is no try. And it came from a puppet.

I like the term "Do or Die" - Mahatma Gandhi.

A more... lethal version of Yoda's words.

For me, trying is doing, but without any idea as to how. Found that true in anything.

BTW, thanks, this thread has given me an uplift from life depression, somehow. The suicide 'll wait till the end of my vacation, atleasy.

Yes, it's true.

Originally posted by Sabretooth

BTW, thanks, this thread has given me an uplift from life depression, somehow. The suicide 'll wait till the end of my vacation, atleasy.

Yes, it's true.

*stifles laughter*

Bleh, anyways I think Yoda is the most profound fictional character ever created. I know I've had to "unlearn what I have learned" a few times to help me get past tough situations.

Originally posted by Sabretooth

Yes, it's true.

Hey, don't give up man, you're not the only one who've been there...

I like the term "Do or Die" - Mahatma Gandhi.
I like "Vote or die", the immotal words of P. Diddy

*saw that clip yesterday* :D

Archived