Jump to content

Home

Movie List... QUICK!... or not so quick


Troopr-Undr-Fir
 Share

Recommended Posts

WOW!

 

Now those are some lists fellas! :eek:

 

 

Sadly a lot of the ones you all have mentioned I used to have... Until my mom made me leave them with her when I moved.

 

She claimed they were "her's" :rolleyes:

 

I also made my no no list too short, but damn if I don't like some of the names on those lists.

 

I guess I was fibbing a bit. Because my video collection isn't that small now that since I've seen all the movies you've all posted.

 

 

Some I am going to buy when I get off work:

 

- Blues Brothers (I heart this movie)

- Full Metal Jacket

- Rainman (Yeah, K-Mart sucks)

- Citizen Kane (saw it in one of high school classes once... and it was pretty good)

- Saving private Ryan

 

Thank you all again, and sorry you got arthritis on my acount :(

 

 

 

not really....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir

WOW!

Sadly a lot of the ones you all have mentioned I used to have... Until my mom made me leave them with her when I moved.

 

She claimed they were "her's" :rolleyes:

 

 

troops, unless you worked and paid for them with you rown money, or they were birthday/Xmas presents, they were hers... I could bore you with a long and painful story about parental ownership disputes but I wont :D

 

mtfbwya

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

troops, unless you worked and paid for them with you rown money, or they were birthday/Xmas presents, they were hers... I could bore you with a long and painful story about parental ownership disputes but I wont :D

 

mtfbwya

 

 

I paid for most of them... I just assumed since they were in my room and I was the only one who watched them.

 

I just let them go, or else I would have gotten a "Well, that's the thanks I get" speech...

 

Oh how I loathed those :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Three films to see before you die:

 

Grosse Point Blank - John Cusack

Spartan - Val Kilmer

The Yakuza - Robert Mitchum/Takakura Ken

 

Frankly the three best, most intelligent movies exported from America... Ever. Critics didn't seem to know what to make of the first two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Spider AL

Grosse Point Blank - John Cusack

 

Frankly the three best, most intelligent movies exported from America... Ever. Critics didn't seem to know what to make of the first two.

 

 

:eek: I saw that the other day on encore. Let me just say that I love John Cusack's work, and this one is amazing. The story is VERY VERY interesting. And I can see what you mean about the critics, everyone I asked if they'd seen it or heard of it. I got a big fat Nope.

 

*adds to list*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by InsaneSith

....Oh, and every John Wayne movie. The dude's a legend :cool:

 

yes, a legendary draft dodger...... :p having objections to participate in a war is one thing.... then going to make a career of pretending to be a tough guy cowboy/soldier/pilot etc is another thing.... the man is a mockery of himself.........

 

mtfbwya

Link to comment
Share on other sites

John Wayne did not dodge the draft, he was exempt as he was the father of 4 children at the time. His studio bosses convinced him not to volunteer becaue they thought he would better serve his country being a moral booster at home. whether thats true of course, no one knows, but he certianly didnt do anything shady or illegal to get out of serving in WWII.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by acdcfanbill

John Wayne did not dodge the draft, he was exempt as he was the father of 4 children at the time. His studio bosses convinced him not to volunteer becaue they thought he would better serve his country being a moral booster at home. whether thats true of course, no one knows, but he certianly didnt do anything shady or illegal to get out of serving in WWII.

He once went in to try out for the air force but wasn't accepted at all for poor vision.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...