Home

Getting Impatient.... come on StarWarsPhreak

knunchucksammy

Well I am writing this because I am annoyed that StarWarsPhreak closes threads and makes some rude replies when he sees this.

The one I just read said "I am tired of waiting for the patch"

StarWarsPhreak replied "I am tired of seeing these threads, and btw, it is released .

He then proceeded to close the thread. Well I will tell you this StarWarsPhreak, you may be an honory chairman of the Forum "get-a-life" society, but you are clearly abusing your admin powers when you are discontinueing peoples right to say what they feel when it was non-offensive and it was not against any forum rules or policies. You closed this thread out of sheer arrogant abuse of your opinion.

What is funny is that I am sure you will delete this before people can read it, or you will close it or edit it or something like that.

Who knows you might even ban me from the forums.

Moral of the story: StarWarsPhreak should really relax a bit, stop being rude, stop abusing your "administration powers" and maybe be informative in stead of sarcastic. The patch this person mentioned above was waiting for is NOT released.

[506th]Back Irie

Wrong forum.

And if you can't take clues from the Mods, then don't post stupid stuff.

Learn the rules. When a Mod is really abusing power then you can complain. There is no abuse going on, and you'd know if you had a clue what the policies are.

I'm an ex-Mod (fired for a behind-the-scenes problem, not about how I moderated the forums), so I have some knowledge of LF prodecures, and I can assure you Phreak is doing a great job.

Again, learn the rules. It is annoying seeing numerous "where is the patch?!" threads. Be patient, stop trying to rebel against the staff, and enjoy your priviledge of posting on LF.

Originally posted by knunchucksammy

Well I am writing this because I am annoyed that StarWarsPhreak closes threads and makes some rude replies when he sees this.

The one I just read said "I am tired of waiting for the patch"

StarWarsPhreak replied "I am tired of seeing these threads, and btw, it is released .

How observant. You can read.

He then proceeded to close the thread. Well I will tell you this StarWarsPhreak, you may be an honory chairman of the Forum "get-a-life" society, but you are clearly abusing your admin powers when you are discontinueing peoples right to say what they feel when it was non-offensive and it was not against any forum rules or policies. You closed this thread out of sheer arrogant abuse of your opinion.

- He has no admin powers - he is a moderator.

- It's a moderator's job to make sure redundant/stupid threads are closed/deleted. He has been given the authority to judge this.

- Yes, it was against forum policies to create a thread to bitch about things. Unless it's in the off topic area, when it clearly wasn't.

- Again, he closed it because he's doing his job.

What is funny is that I am sure you will delete this before people can read it, or you will close it or edit it or something like that.

No, in fact, he will not. I can be a real prick about it and sticky this for all to see, if you'd like. :)

Who knows you might even ban me from the forums.

Again, he cannot ban you. I can, however.

Moral of the story: StarWarsPhreak should really relax a bit, stop being rude, stop abusing your "administration powers" and maybe be informative in stead of sarcastic. The patch this person mentioned above was waiting for is NOT released.

Moral of the story: direct your whiny angst towards someone that not only deserves it, but someone that you talk to in real life. That'll avoid the "OMG I AM PROTESTING ENNNGGGGHHHH" impression you're giving.

Case closed. Now get off my internet.

YaY! My first complaint/abusing power thread!

Here's why I closed his/hers/its thread.

From SWBF.net CoC:

• Thou shalt not spam! Spamming is defined as the practice of making irrelevant posts with no substance, only smileys, or a combination of the aforementioned. Again, this rule will be enforced heavily in all forums. SWBF.net Staff reserve the right to delete or close spammy posts and threads at their discretion.
  • As always, try to make good threads. Avoid spammy topics, and word your thread's topic so everyone will understand what it is meant to discuss. Avoid duplicating threads. If there's a thread open that is or is very close to the topic of a thread you want to create, post in that thread.

Oh and here's a little rule you broke when you created this thread.

From SWBF.net CoC:

• Create new threads in the appropriate forums. News and discussion relating to SW: Battlefront should be placed in Star Wars Battlefront, off-topic threads in The Sliced Tauntaun, and so on. If a topic is created in the wrong forum, the moderators will move it. Not a big deal, but just make things easy.

And yes, I'm only a Moderator. I can't ban users yet... I'll have to peform more sexual favors to get to that level.

Archived