Home

Video Cards....

FroZticles

Since conversation is a little dry I'll just post it here and the off-topic forum is dead.

I just found out that my Geforce FX 5200 has about as much power as a mouse wheel its been crashing my games left and right. I had to resort to taking off my case and putting a fan in there just to cool it down. I'm after a replacement within a $200 AUS budget and something that is decent. Help would be great.

Radeon 9600 128M can be found for under AU$200. If you want to go for the 256M models then they come in upwards of $250.

I'm no expert on video cards but the Radeon 9550 256M comes in at under $200, and that sounds pretty good to me.

If you want to stick with Nvidia then you can just go up to about an FX5700 256M at just over $200.

All I know is that from what I heard the nVidia FX 5600/5700s or somewhere in the "5000s" area is POS.

I myself have 2 different cards. On my desktop back at home I have a GeForce 4 ti 4600, which runs like a dream (even DirectX 9.0).

On my laptop, I have a Mobility Radeon 9700 pro with 128 MB. It runs perfectly as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived