Home

Who else thought that Battlefront was a disapointment?

E.T.G.

Do you think Battlefront was a disapointment  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Battlefront was a disapointment

• Yes
    • No

I love the star wars games, but I really thought that battlefront was a huge disapointment. They could have done alot more too it. Everyone that Ive talked too about thought it was great, but am I the only one who thinks of it as a disapointment?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by blooddemonex

Yes. I really dispise that game. But then again I don't like it when you dont get a light sabre. Ahhhh.:mad:

:disaprove i think the best part about this game is that you're the stormtrooper/rebel running around killing each other...Instead of being a jedi and owning all the stormtroopers...plus you never could be a evil jedi.....

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

They could have done more, but I'm not disappointed, no. :)

i agree,

it's a fun game, i wasn't really expecting anything more than that.

however there is room for improvement. hopefully the next patch(es) will improve it.

Excuse me but WHAT modding community, so far I've seen zero modding activity. All I see is kids complaining about how there should be a jedi class.... well great add that in to ruin the game for good :p . Sorry to say but I doubt the game will get any better no matter how many big patches Pandemic will put out. Hugely dissapointed, another of these console games turned into PC :mad:

Problem with PC version was that we had already been introduced to the man and machine combat with BF42 and others. We obviously expected SWBF to outdo those titles, with all of the hype. Still BF42 had alot of problems when it started. As time and support (not abandoning) went on the game got patches and the game play was alot better (not perfect) but better. Give the game some time, the gameplay is not worth giving up on.

Problems Ive seen

Multiplayer - browser, etc

Skins - Man those are some ugly first person views

why do people always talk about they want a lightsabre? if they wan't lightsabre then buy the game called: jedi knight jedi academy!

It's the same for Galactic Conquest. They don't have jet packs either, so you can imagine the yapping... on and on and on.

Look, Battlefront is about infantry- and vehicle combat. Lightsabres won't be in it. Period. :rolleyes: Look, it seems to be like this with the majority for every cause in battle field.. spawn times should be low on ALL servers. ALL maps should be big. Yattata, yattata, yattata... and now people go "ALL RTS g4m3z sh0ld av3 l1gts4b3rZzz!!!!!!111"

I'm just wondering if those who have given up on the game will come back to it after all the problems have been fixed. And will former server admins set up their servers again? Also a little game called Halo 2 comes out next week which will totally kill any other game playing for a while.

I would copy BF1942 down to the last question mark in the code and then add the Star Wars textures and models! BF1942 is the bench mark for all online deathmatch games. I am still playing BF1942 all the time with 2000 tickets. If I were Pandemic and I am glad I am not, I would play BF1942 and get to it on the coding. They are in jeopardy of being a laughing stock in the gaming community if they aren't already. I thought it was only ok to mess up a Star Trek license. If they don't get a patch out soon that takes care of all the problems then they will mess up this Star Wars license. Anyway, I already feel like they messed it up. It just seems like the game was made for a Pentium II 450MHZ with US Robotics 56K modem. EVERYTHING IS UNDERSIZED!! My P4 3.2EGHZ Prescott, 1GB PC3200 400DDR and Ati Radeon 9800 are laughing at this game. Anyway, thank the amino acid pools of life for Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War! GREAT GAME!!! This game got my mind off the cardinal sin of games........SWBF.

MD

Long Live Market Garden!

I think the best is yet to come. Wait for the fixes, the mod tools, then later, the new maps and mods. This engine can handle a lot more than we think. Someone on the editing forums i belive stated they increased the map size as well as added 50 sarlacc pits in addition to the bots with no slow down whatsoever.

To me this means that i can make maps exponentially larger, add more slots for more players as well as add more vehicles without any performance loss, plus the fact you can do just about anything imaginable with star wars, i think we haven't even scratched the surface of what can be done.

Only problem is people (especially noobs) coming to the wrong conclusions all too soon and impose that onto other people. It's called group mentality, get a brain and think for yourself. The problem is that people are actually leaving the community and my hope is that once they see the potential for this game that they will return.

Mods, i think this topic does need closing.

Archived