Home

No more Star Wars room for Gundawg.

GUNNER

It would have to be painted on the garagewall as that is now my new "Star Wars" room. :( But that's fine with me. I will have all my lego ships out there as well but many ofthem got broke in the move and will need major repair. My SD, Corvette and Tie Advanced and ATT need repair but my Speeder is ok and many of the smaller kits are DOA. :(

Originally posted by GUNNER

It would have to be painted on the garagewall as that is now my new "Star Wars" room. :( But that's fine with me. I will have all my lego ships out there as well but many ofthem got broke in the move and will need major repair. My SD, Corvette and Tie Advanced and ATT need repair but my Speeder is ok and many of the smaller kits are DOA. :(

So what's stopping you from painting it? Paint away! You have my permission!

• 2 weeks later...

So this is where everyone is! Dangit, GUNNER, I though you were dead or something!

Anyway, nice house. That feeling of waking up in a new place? As someone who has moved more than a dozen times, usually to new states, I am quite familiar with that feeling. In fact, now it seems weird to me NOT to wake up in a new place :confused:

Originally posted by Keyan Farlander

So this is where everyone is! Dangit, GUNNER, I though you were dead or something!

Anyway, nice house. That feeling of waking up in a new place? As someone who has moved more than a dozen times, usually to new states, I am quite familiar with that feeling. In fact, now it seems weird to me NOT to wake up in a new place :confused:

i also know that feeling all too well....as my parents can't handle being in a house for more than 6 years at a time and then move. :D

Originally posted by Keyan Farlander

Not dead, just in a small coma. :rolleyes: I take periodial 4 month vacations every now and then.

The sister-in-law has taked to the gal who did the first painting and she said she might be able to talk her into another one.

BTW, how are ya Keyan?

Originally posted by GUNNER

Not dead, just in a small coma. :rolleyes: I take periodial 4 month vacations every now and then.

The sister-in-law has taked to the gal who did the first painting and she said she might be able to talk her into another one.

BTW, how are ya Keyan?

Not bad. I started a new job a few months ago. My first "real" job out of college. So that's good. Other than that, just playing piano and stuff as always. I made a thread with links to mp3s of me playing over at XWA.net a while back, as a matter of fact.

• 3 weeks later...

Homeowning *is* fun!

I'm about a month away from buying (yes, buying) a duplex with some friends... Between the 8 of us we got a mortgage small enough to pay off completely in a year and a half at the most.

Thing's even got two garages... One's for the van, and all our band gear goes in the other (4 of us are in a band together). It'll be nice to have a heated place to jam... We've been using a tiny 100 year old unheated house that was converted into a small workshop about 25 years ago. Nothing says "IT'S TOO DAMN COLD IN HERE!" like seeing your breath whilst singing...

Originally posted by Nitro

Homeowning *is* fun!

I'm about a month away from buying (yes, buying) a duplex with some friends... Between the 8 of us we got a mortgage small enough to pay off completely in a year and a half at the most.

Thing's even got two garages... One's for the van, and all our band gear goes in the other (4 of us are in a band together). It'll be nice to have a heated place to jam... We've been using a tiny 100 year old unheated house that was converted into a small workshop about 25 years ago. Nothing says "IT'S TOO DAMN COLD IN HERE!" like seeing your breath whilst singing...

Know what you mean - I've been playing with some guys out in an old shed. Fingers too numb to play the solos!

Our bassist's amp shorted out from condensation one night... We had a few extra bodies in the room, along with a space heater left a bit too close to the amp.

Everything was great until about 45 minutes later when there was a big bang, and then no bass... He was *pissed*.

I believe you owe me a CD, Ryan. ;)

(That is, as soon as you guys get around to recording one!)

I have several heated, spacious, well equipped rehearsal spaces available to me, (actually, they are the college's various concert and recital halls which I just happen to have keys for and know when they are empty to use)... I just don't have a band to take advantage of them. :(

I really should do something about that situation...

You should move up here and join us so we've got someone who knows what they're doing...

Here's the lineup:

Our drummer: The only person who's any good at what he's actually playing, and has no skill whatsoever on any other instruments.

Our bassist: A drummer that'd been playing bass for a month and a half before we decided to start this monstrosity we call a band.

Our guitarist: Me, a bassist, that's been playing acoustic guitar for a couple years, but never touched an electric until I bought one two weeks after we started the band.

We could use some talent. :p

Well,.. it's a tempting offer. ;)

We'll see what the next couple of years brings with our "new" Administration... I might just be on my way to Canada before too long.

It all depends on if all this posturing angainst Syria and Iran ever really amounts to anything,.. 'cuz if it does we are going to need a lot more troops than we currently have in a hurry, that draft we keep getting promised will never happen will start looking pretty tempting to an already overstretched government and military, and I suspect your neighborhoods are suddenly going to get a lot more crowded.

I believe I'm outside the window for being chosen for selective service, and my conscientious-objector status shoud keep me out of combat zones even if I'm not, but I'm not really sure I'd want to take my chances with that,.. knowwhatImean?

It's nice to know I have an invite and a place to crash if it ever comes to that. I promise to make myself useful! :D

Archived