Home

Is Halo 2 going to "kill" Battlefront?

Prime

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Oidar

I didn't like Battlefront, the story was crap and the game didn't have any features I hadn't already seen before in a video game.

<_<

>_>

I keeed

Though honestly, what does Battlefront have that is so new and unique?

I don't see why a video game must have an awesome story and be totally new and unique for it to be a good game. It seems to me that it only has to fun to play :dozey:

What is Halo anyway?

Well, on one side it's a very succesful franchise, wich was started by a game for XBOX (and later pc and mac) but now also includes several books, and ofcourse Halo 2. It was revolutionary in that it was one of the first shooters to involve driving vehicles, and the good graphics, solid gameplay and nice story, as well as fun multiplayer on at least PC, did the rest...

The story is about the covenant, a group of aliens, who try to destroy humanity, because it is somehow against their religion. They have superior technology and numbers, and the only thing stopping them from destroying the earth is the fact that they don't know where it is. They worship whatever race has built Halo, a mysterious artificial ring-shaped world that was designed to...

hold a race known as the flood. These can take over any creature with enough biomass to sustain it. According to Halo's builders, the only way to kill it is to starve it, wich is done by firing Halo, wiping out all life in our galaxy. Luckily, the Masterchief stopped this from happening, and escaped.

The Master chief, wich is the character you play as, is the last surviving cyborg of the 'SPARTAN' project. the SPARTAN cyborgs were designed to eliminate the covenant, but unfortunatly, they got to us before we got to them, and the planet with the Spartans was captured. The Master chief is humanity's last hope in the war against the covenant, especially now that they seem to have discovered earth in Halo 2...

Originally posted by Syzerian

I agree with Yahoo, there is no way Im going to buy Halo 2 as Halo 1 was complete ***.

Microsoft has never been able to make a half decent game and never will be, just look at what they did to Freelancer! :mad:

Halo wasnt bad at all, it may not have been to your taste, doesnt mean it was rubbish

It's all about opinion really. Halo and San Andreas may score highly in reviews but it all depends what kinda gamer you are, if you're a Star Wars nut then you'll love Battlefront more, if you're a Metroid fan like I am you'll love Metroid Prime 2: Echoes more. I know that MP2:E won't do as well as Halo 2 but it's still a great game and I'm gettin it and I'm gonna play it and I'm gonna love it :p that's all that matters :p

I played Halo for XBox with a friend Co-Op and it was all right. Played single player on a PC for a bit and thought it was terrible.

I think the only reason it got such good reviews (the first one) was because it was new for Consoles... PC users have had games like it for ages.

Halo2 is supposed to have a great story and whatnot, but as was said before, I'm not going to buy an XBox to play this thing, good or not. When/if a PC port comes out for it, it won't kill SW:Battelfront. Especially since we're seeing Pandemic working their asses with new content, something I don't know if Halo has ever done? Not that I'd know ;)

That's because since the end of Halo, they've been working to make Halo 2 a great game. Halo 2 will feature downloadable content however...

But I'm not going to argue about this anymore, clearly i can't convince you guys, and I don't want to...

Hah, Halo PWNED all. Now, Halo 2 PWN's all. You gotta read the three books, Halo: The Fall of Rech, Halo: The Flood, and Halo: First Strike, in order to get the story. It's pretty intense, and the books PWN the first game. It is an excellent story.

I'll be playing Halo 2 and SWBF. I don't see why I would not. SWBF is a great game. Just wait for mods and more patches. And, more MP maps from LucasArts.

:fett:

Halo 2 kicks ASS, and I STILL love Battlefront.

I am trying to put together a giant LF member Halo 2 match on Saturday, for those of you with Xbox Live subscriptions.

My gamertag is: Darth Groovy. If you are interested, just add me, pm me, or post here. I'll keep in touch. As of now, it looks like it will be noonish, as to allow for the different time zones.

As far as MP games go, it will be majority rule, but the Sky is the limit.

Lets make it happen on Saturday, it will be sheer fun!

Halo sucks ass in every area except maybe graphics & audio. Halo 2 took out some of what did make halo's gameplay good. Added a bunch of crap jacked straight from Unreal 2k4 and continued to suck. I dispise halo in so many ways. I would rather Play Doom I on a lan party than Halo. So needless to sya i would rahter play Battlefront Cuz battlefront, a game i thought was gonna blow at first was so friggin addictive.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Oh yeah? What specifically did they take OUT of Halo 1 in Halo 2? I'm curious. Because I've played Halo 2, and I've played Battlefront, and you know which game I don't own anymore? I will give you a hint. I'm going to play Halo 2 now. :dozey:

The F*cked the pistol up. it used to be a great weapon at range but now you can zoom or anything and the the damage has been severly reduced. Also you can fall like 9x10 billionth power miles and you wont die. No matter how far you fall you dont get hurt nothing at all. in halo you could be up on a ledge get shot 3 times with the pistol fall off the ledge and die. Well now the pistol wont knock you off the ledge and even if you fall you wont even get hurt. Also the health meter is gone and you exclusivly have the rechargable shields. What good is it? i mean in the Campaign mode you can allways run away and hide until your shields restore... Need anymore reason im sure i can find some more reasons why halo sucks, all it is doeing is rideing on some k/a graphics and a cheesey storyline. The characters Major Chief.... since when do you get to concurrent military ranks?!?!

The character is Master Chief....but whatever...

The pistol was toned down beause in Halo 1 is was basically the only weapon you needed. It severely unbalanced multiplayer when the pistol was one of the best long AND short range weapons.

What good is it? i mean in the Campaign mode you can allways run away and hide until your shields restore...
I remember running away and hiding until my shields restored a LOT in the original halo...you know, because you had recharging shields in that game too.

Pistols never knocked anyone off of a ledge either...the only gun with enough kick to actually MOVE people in Halo 1 was the rocket launcher.

And it makes sense that Mater chief can fall a really long ways without being injured, he has a new body suit. It's all super awesome now, and it protects him from such falls.

In the end, I've never had as much fun on Xbox live as I have with Halo 2.

Well, the original Halo had a very very very annoying SP. Don't get me wrong, the story was nice but hey, whoever was the level designer for Bungie at that time deserved to be fired. Most...repetitive...SP...ever...

I've heard that the SP portion of Halo2 is also repetitive(I haven't played that yet since I do not own an xbox and need to go to a friend's house to play).

MP wise the game is ok. I still prefer to play UT2k4 but Halo 2 is pretty fun too. Well, my friend owns me 'cause he's used to playing with the controller while I'm not which is annoying but hey.

Overall, I must say I would play both. I consider Halo to be overrated, not bad. I'm mostly a PC FPS player so my experience in them is very different and some might say a lot better.

In conclusion, the Halo serie is the BEST CONSOLE FPS. Port it too PC and it doesn't last long.

Archived