Home

Jango Fett Sketch

DarkDan721

What do you think? (the one on the top is the original as I drew it and the one on the bottom is photoshop-ed). I want praise and constuctive critisism, not "omg you f8cking suck n3wb get a life" (you may have to click on the link i put IMG tags around the web adresses but on my comp the pics dont show up.

jangofettcrist.jpg

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/1377/jangofettcrist.jpg

jangofettcristcolor2.jpg

http://img76.exs.cx/img76/1716/jangofettcristcolor2.jpg

Originally posted by DarkDan721

lol, i was kind of actually looking for you guys to tell me what i could do to make it better, but praise is good none the less. Thanks, any more comments?

well you could make it less CRAPPY for starters!!!!

<_<

I'm seriously kidding, I think it's pretty durn good..his legs look a little...I dont know how to describe it. They don't look quite right.

No, man. I seriously wanna ask you, how do you artist people do this kind of stuff. I mean, that was near concept art quality! I can't draw well, maybe once and twice if I really have something in mind I draw accurately, but most of the time it's like Clone Wars Animation. Maybe I should go look for a drawing mentor or something....

Originally posted by Sabretooth

No, man. I seriously wanna ask you, how do you artist people do this kind of stuff. I mean, that was near concept art quality! I can't draw well, maybe once and twice if I really have something in mind I draw accurately, but most of the time it's like Clone Wars Animation. Maybe I should go look for a drawing mentor or something....

Your first comment: Its really easy, my people used to look like stick figures until i actually learned tecnique. Bassically you draw a "skeleton"- the head, spine, arms, legs, feet, and hands, then you work over that. You just have to keep looking at your reference whether it be a picture, a maniquin, or a person. Eventually you wont even need the reference at all.

Your Second Comment: Your really think thats concept art quality? Thats not even a good drawing thats just a quick one hour sketch i did (with breaks).

Your Third Comment: if you seriously do look for a mentor, look for someone young, that will be into cool stuff not boring stiff subjects. My art teacher Mr. Hunter is like 24, so hes into star wars and comics and stuff. Otherwise, book like "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way" and "Drawing Cutting Edge Comics" will really help you out if you listen to thier directions carefully and precisely. Now honestly people, how many of you think (with a college education in art) that lucas arts would hire me for their art department?

Looks as good as a trace??? I guess Ill take that as a complement, but you were close with the pic. Thats not the exact one I used, I used the computer generated replica of that drawing that is either the cover or the instruction manual to bounty hunter (i forgot, one is a drawing and one is cgi). I was actually about to post this when i read your post:

"Whoever can guess where I drew it from gets a cookie.... :D "

u got talent, that's obvious enough, if u can though ur drawings would be a lot better if they weren't drawn in pencil, maybe sketch it in pencil then fill in the colors with a computer program or high quality markers to really bring out the colors, Pretty damn good though!

Archived