Home

Battlefront PC Patch 1.1 Thread (official patch) -- 1.1 Update Is Out!!!

Lindsey

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately guys,

fps.jpg

Yup that's right. Though they said they fixed the latency for entering vehicles I don't know yet if that makes +30 fps "playable". Latency means ping, and not fps though.

On the other hand the server browser is a huge difference

screen.jpg

Left above: you can enter a word and all servers that correspond with it will appear. Very helpful if you're looking for a specific server, or clan servers etc.

You can't filter "No full servers/empty servers" but you can set a minimum. Also you can choose which map, which type (PC (no linux yet) dedicated etc).

Servers don't "spawn" in the list anymore. When you click on online you'll get a busy loading screen, and then the servers will appear. I like this.

You also get a lot more server info, FPS/TPS is not included.

After a map is done the "Done" will wait for a second, and after you click it the new map will immediately start to load. No more "BUSY" or whatever, you connect to the other map. right away.

Also in options->online options,

search for all regions is set to default NO. Yes if you want more servers. You can also change the gamespy log-in, to automatic or never ask for it.

online.jpg

Now that they fixed the browser we want gameplay differences (damage system), FPS fix, and some new stuff.

1.1 is a good patch though.

If they'd just let us be able to kick/ban remotely then I'd be a happy camper. No server admin is going to log on to the server itself (whereever that may be) just to kick someone. Plus if you have multiple admins, it's impossible. One small addition is all that's needed to bring this game up to speed server wise.

I was expecting more in this patch. Couple of things I think they should have added. A favorites list in the server browser(atleast I dont think they added that I cant find it if they did.) The menus should have been redone completely. They should have found some way to admin the server in game. Although with the engine they made I dont think it will be possible but they should have thought about that in development. And I wish they could have had the ticket counter system more advanced. Like it could tell if 50 people were in and on the next map switch automatically bump up the tickets. Because when there is 50 people on a 500 ticket count its fun but when there is only 10 it sucks. Those are just a couple of little things I wish they would have taken the day or two to add. The other things like fps and ship control and gameplay and balancing I understand will take a long time to do. I just hope they will finish what they started. And hopefully in the next major patch include that stuff and also include a new map or two. Just my thoughts. And I am hoping they fixed the server program so it doesnt crash. I am testing that out right now.

I'm stuck at work, so I can't try this until later... but if anyone's playing this now or hosting now, I have a couple questions:

1) How is invincibility working? Can you move? Can you shoot?

2) I'm looking at All Seeing Eye and the 1.1 servers show a lot more useful information than the 1.0 ones do. But there is a selection that is confusing:

Autoaim = 1

I didn't know that was an option for the PC version.

As an aside for ASE users, there's also server info for Heros, AI Difficulty Level, Invincibility Time, Show Playername, Team Damage and Current Ticket Count.

This info should add some pretty cool ASE filters once the programmers get around to updating it ;)

Originally posted by Jet Black

I'm stuck at work, so I can't try this until later... but if anyone's playing this now or hosting now, I have a couple questions:

2) I'm looking at All Seeing Eye and the 1.1 servers show a lot more useful information than the 1.0 ones do. But there is a selection that is confusing:

Autoaim = 1

I didn't know that was an option for the PC version.

autoaim??!? this concerns me as well.

Originally posted by Jet Black

From what my clan mate told me, you are frozen for the invincibility period. You can move, can't shoot. You just sit there waiting until you are unfrozen. I guess a tank or other vehicle can blast you while you are frozen and you go flying. You don't actually die, you just stand up frozen until the invincibilty is over.

In other words sounds like it doesn't work well at all. Not gonna solve the spawn humping problem.

I'll be trying it later on tonight, but from what i hear it sounds good. However I -REALLY- need to know what the netcode is like with it now... Is it still laggy or is the ping sorted and is it as smooth as single player? :eek:

Thanks. Couldnt find an ansewer anywere else.

there is/was a command (for command line paramter) to increase the tps/fps, but people had a hard time trying to enter vehicles then. Unfortunately only a very few servers did this

Pandemic>Dice

Pandemic should have never released all these bugs anyway (server browser etc). Pandemic is just fixing a few stuff atm, dice added maps vehicles etc.

Pandemic should have fixed the cap rather than implementing a spawn invinciblity almost no one likes

I'm happy with the patch but dissapointed in a whole. This should be the only game in history to have a multiplayer fps cap. Imagine if this trend continued, no more minimal requirements but Maximal requirements. They still got a long way to go but at least they're working on it step by step

Archived