Home

Battlefront PC Patch 1.1 Thread (official patch) -- 1.1 Update Is Out!!!

Lindsey

Originally posted by Alegis

1)Pandemic should have never released all these bugs anyway (server browser etc). 2)Pandemic is just fixing a few stuff atm, dice added maps vehicles etc.

3)Pandemic should have fixed the cap rather than implementing a spawn invinciblity almost no one likes

1-DICE did just as bad if not worse with BFV.

2-DICE games still suffer from imbalances. They should concentrate on fixing stuff before adding new ones. Also, adding no maps helps the patch get released faster.

If you wanted to wait longer, fine by me. I prefer a patch that fixes some critical problems(browser).

3-I think that they actually want to keep the cap.

I'm realizing that no one is ever f*cking happy with anything. People complained against DICE for releasing small patches months after the release with a little more content. Now people are complaining because it comes out faster and doesn't have as much content.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

1-DICE did just as bad if not worse with BFV.

2-DICE games still suffer from imbalances. They should concentrate on fixing stuff before adding new ones. Also, adding no maps helps the patch get released faster.

If you wanted to wait longer, fine by me. I prefer a patch that fixes some critical problems(browser).

3-I think that they actually want to keep the cap.

I'm realizing that no one is ever f*cking happy with anything. People complained against DICE for releasing small patches months after the release with a little more content. Now people are complaining because it comes out faster and doesn't have as much content.

You should change your nick to "Lukeiamretarded". How dare you compare this piece of bantha fodder to such pc gems as the BF series. Even with all the trouble BF42 & BFV had, they were infinitely more playable straight out the box, and never even came close to the cluster**** that is SWBF. We've been given 3 patches for SWB that haven't done ****. Ooooohhhh, a better browser. Now I can find laggy ass servers that cap me to 20 fps faster.

I was willing to wait around till the first "official" patch (the first 2 were jokes). I downloaded it, jumped on a few servers (still couldn't find any 30 fps servers, only 20's) and the gameplay is just as ****ty as before. The only difference is that you are invulnerable a short time after spawn, but it doesn't work for **** and is basically useless.

I bought the game the day it was released and I've tried to be patient and optimistic, waiting for Pandemic to fix the "real" issues. I can't wait for a 4th patch, I'm done. This has to be the worst disaster in fps history, tied with Daikatana. This game goes back to EB tomorrow for credit toward Halo 2, and I will never.....NEVER buy anything from Pandemic again! SWBF was dead before it even got started. There are just way too many issues that need to be addressed. Have fun on the 6 servers that actually have anyone in them. Till then, I'll be playing a real game...BF42.

EA/DICE 100000X> PANDEMIC/LA

Originally posted by WaxSlinger

You should change your nick to "Lukeiamretarded". How dare you compare this piece of bantha fodder to such pc gems as the BF series. Even with all the trouble BF42 & BFV had, they were infinitely more playable straight out the box, and never even came close to the cluster**** that is SWBF. We've been given 3 patches for SWB that haven't done ****. Ooooohhhh, a better browser. Now I can find laggy ass servers that cap me to 20 fps faster.

While I'll agree that the Battlefield 1942 was a great game out of the box (though there was a patch released fairly soon after it came out to address problems as well), I won't go as far as saying that BF:V was *more* playable out of the box than Star Wars: Battlefront.

Battlefield: Vietnam is the #1 reason I will never ever pre-order a game again. By the time patches came out to fix its many problems, the game was 6+ months old. I happily uninstalled it for Battlefront.

I realy like the new patch.

Not that it makes the game perfect but a big step forward in the right direction.

Now i can stay in servers for hours. The AI on hard setting seams to hard for me,lol. I need more practice then ;-)

Ingame browser is a big plus. So far i know yet all promised things work like expectet.

A few things i want to mention for the next patch.

* The Yavin IV sky texture is still missing (all grey sky now)

* Get rid of the fps cap. Not that it bothered me that much but i would like to play online like offline.

* I would like to be able to chat while in the selection screen because this is the place where i have most time to chat while waiting to respawn

* Name or number the spawn points on the map. Sometimes it hard to tell my comrads if i will warn them about campers or snipers at specific spawnpoints.

* A Galactic war campaign for online play. If a faction win a map then they should have the momentum on the next map ( more tickets, or damaged enemy vehicles for example).

* A chat window in the ingame server browser would be nice too (well don´t ask where to fit this into the screen hehe)

But before the next patch i would like to see the linux server and the SDK or any tools for the mod community.

Conclusion: Congrats Pandemic but don´t take a rest now!

Rends

You must be a very unlucky person :rolleyes: Poor you.

I was willing to wait around till the first "official" patch (the first 2 were jokes). I downloaded it, jumped on a few servers (still couldn't find any 30 fps servers, only 20's)

And you blame the developers? First of all, server admins can set the tps to 30 without any tweaking. It's just an option. And secondly: if you can't find any server that has higher than 20 fps then that's your fault, since there are tweaked servers out there.

Originally posted by WaxSlinger The gameplay is just as ****ty as before.
The gameply is bad at all, it's just how you think of it; it's your opinion. You know the difference between opinion and fact? You learn them at grammer school.

I bought the game the day it was released and I've tried to be patient and optimistic, waiting for Pandemic to fix the "real" issues. I can't wait for a 4th patch, I'm done. This has to be the worst disaster in fps history, tied with Daikatana.

Apparently, you haven't played much fps games before, cause even if this game were less good than BF1942 (since you seem to like that game so much), there are a lot of worse games out there. Did I mention you should say things as if they were facts?

This game goes back to EB tomorrow for credit toward Halo 2, and I will never.....NEVER buy anything from Pandemic again!

:eek: A threath towards Pandemic! They must be terrified! Your loss, m8. We can't be bothered. In fact, I think it would be better for your mood anyway and that will keep you from posting nonsense like you did.

SWBF was dead before it even got started.

Yet you bought the game? I'm sorry, but isn't it your own fault then?

There are just way too many issues that need to be addressed. Have fun on the 6 servers that actually have anyone in them. Till then, I'll be playing a real game...BF42.

Good, you'll make us all happy. And btw:

Till then, I'll be playing a real game...
Till when, exactly? Untill the game as been patched enough for you to like it? And then? You are going to trade Halo 2 back for SW:BF?

EA/DICE 100000X> PANDEMIC/LA

I hope your dissappointment in Pandemic didn't have too much impact on you, since you seem highly susceptible to things like that.

Take care now. Watch the blood-pressure :firemad:

hey stingy ;)

"Originally posted by Stingy"

And you blame the developers? First of all, server admins can set the tps to 30 without any tweaking. It's just an option. And secondly: if you can't find any server that has higher than 20 fps then that's your fault, since there are tweaked servers out there.

But it was hidden away and even now its not even there. All servers are 20fps now.

Easy on the flaming Waxslinger, no one likes flamers. They might have respected your post if it was phrased differently.

Originally posted by Alegis

hey stingy ;)

But it was hidden away and even now its not even there. All servers are 20fps now.

Easy on the flaming Waxslinger, no one likes flamers. They might have respected your post if it was phrased differently.

Hey Alegis. See? I DO learn certain abilities from the clan :p

But then I take back what I said about that 20 fps stuff. I never hosted dedicated and I thought it was almost as easy as using the ingame option of 30 fps. But not matter.

Thanks for the compliments, lukeiamyourdad. It was indeed some work, but the results aren't half bad, if I may say so myself ;)

3 small patches in three months. Not bad, but hardly great. What it does show is that Pandemic has not shelved the game as a loss. They are working on it.

More importantly in comparing BF:1942 to SW:Battle front. Pandemic plans to release tools for the mod community. I'm sure once the game is patched up proper, there will be a tools release. Dice never released tools for BF:1942.

richcz3

My sincere apologies but I have not had much time to play and see for myself... I was wondering if anyone has noticed any stability improvments since the patch. Primarily when the maps switch; since release it was almost a roll of the dice to see if the server was going to hold up.

Not to mention if it was full, it was almost certain.

I imagine this was one of the first things that was worked on, but I am just curious if anyone has noticed a difference, or if there are still some issues that need working out.

Thanks in advance.

Back

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Oh right miscalculations on my part. Thanks for pointing it out :D

No problem :)

I'm actually impressed with the patch speed... I'm happy seeing action, even if each patch move us just another step forward, it's almost better to see little steps than huge 300+ meg patches three or four months into the game that break more things than they fix.

Better to take it slow so that, if something gets screwed up, it'll be easy to fix.

MUCH better game now with this patch! I'm just hoping some server admins start using the spawn invulnerability setting now to help stamp out some of the camping issues.

Hats off to Pandemic to addressing the server browser issues, my number 1 complaint! I'm playing again!

edit: lukeiamyourdad, how many hot avatar pics do you have, lol?

Question - how do you get the fps to display on your screen?

As far as the patch is concerned, there has been some worthwhile improvement, like the server lobby, and the fact that you're not booted from a server every other game. I'm sure the rest of the issues will be fixed in due time. I don't understand how some people think the game is so bad that they don't want to play it anymore, but not everyone will be happy with it no matter what. I personally love the game bugs or not. So I choose to play!

Originally posted by NCIceman

MUCH better game now with this patch! I'm just hoping some server admins start using the spawn invulnerability setting now to help stamp out some of the camping issues.

I am finding it difficult to get used to the invicibility thing.. i spawn and an opp has his back to me and i can't do anything but dance around and wait and by the time i can fire, chances are that the opp has turned around.. eeek

guess im too used to get spawn humped

Originally posted by Jet Black

I don't know if I've played on any invulnerability servers yet - but does the player flash or have some shield around them showing they're invulnerable?

no, i've seen nothing indicating that a player is invincible..

which is a bit annoying, since you don't know when to shoot unless you count the seconds :)

Archived