Home

no tps filter on 1.1? no tps improvement? this is crap

Snowczar

Awhile back I called out for more servers with high tps and I also urged pandemic to improve net gameplay so that players could enjoy 60/70+ framerates on their high end graphics cards while playing online. This 'community' said that net performance was compromised with high tps, and instead of rising up with me other server admins just cowed and ignored me and therefore I was ignored by pandemic. No one even bothered to add their server’s tps to their server name. I haven’t played this for about a month.

Today we have the latest junk packaged to us from lucas and pandemic: 1) an in-game browser that we should have been given to start, and is probably useless since everybody that still plays this game probably uses some other browser. 2) More ‘features’ or options for the server that again should have been in the initial release and 3) a fix for entering vehicles in cases of lag. Most grievously, however, they have not addressed the framerate/ tps issue and they didn’t even add all of the server options to the browser filters so that players could search for a specific setting like servers running at a higher tps.

I guess the developers couldn’t program a net code that could allow a game to run smoothly over the net but yet offer players a reasonable framerate at the standards of every other game on the market (60fps or even 50fps!) What are they thinking? Dont say fps doesnt matter, because nvidia and ati wouldnt be making $$$ if people couldnt see a difference. I want my $ back, but no, its too late for that, but you can bet this is the last time a lot of people are going to trust this developer. And we all know the publisher hands out the star wars license to anyone as long as they get their $.

I gave it a shot though, installed the patch and joined a server, and sure enough 20 fps. When you are running a 6800 gt and play other games between 50 and 60fps this is just crap.

Archived