Home

Trading in some games

obi

I'm trading in my N64 along with Shadows of the Empire 64, Ken Griffy Jr. Baseball 64, Battle for Naboo 64, Spiderman 2 for the xbox, and Fable(I just don't play them anymore) all for Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. I think I'll get a little extra amount of cash too, but I wanted to know.....

Is The Third Age any good? Am I getting a good deal?I've read some reviews, but I trust the people of the swamp more than I do some of those review sites.

Originally posted by obi

Ken Griffy Jr. Baseball 64,

why can i only remember that damned simpsons song

*sings*

We're talkin' softball...

From Maine to San Diego.

Talkin' softball...

Mattingly and Canseco.

Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw.

Steve Sax and his run-in with the law.

We're talkin' Homer... Ozzie and the Straw.

He's riding in search of the Gondorian heir, Boromir, who has recently joined with the rest of the Fellowship of the Ring. The story of The Third Age revolves around Berethor, his past, and his fate in the world as he trails the Fellowship and gathers his own companions. These compatriots fall well within the archetypical spread of a Middle-earth adventure party: there's a wise and mysterious elf, a dwarf of proud character who is suspicious of the aforementioned elf, and a scruffy Dunedain ranger with his trusty bow, among others.

My god...Tolkien must be really kicking in his grave by now. If this is the trend, it's inevitable the Lord of the Rings franchise will deteriorate into something like the Star Wars or Star Trek license, with a few noteworthy products out of a dozen pieces of rubbish. :disaprove

Originally posted by Anthony

Everyone, go buy the books (The NON-Movie cover ones) , go buy the movies, and store them in a safe place.

LotR is going to be marketed to death, which really makes me very sad.

*Hides in bomb shelter.*

we should keep this thread for the furture, so we can say "Ha! I told you they was going to be an EU for LOTR!"

TiE

Originally posted by JediMasterDude

I think im the last guy on earth with an obsession with the N64 console games, SHADOW OF THE EMPIRE IS DA BOMB.

See:(

YEAH!!! SOTE RULES!!!! i'm never getting rid of my copy...i beat that game so many times....had alot of fun using the jetpack, then the wampa stompa code!!! and the debug code too lol

Classic games? Those games suck (Except for Shadows). As far as the xbox games are concerned, I liked them. In fact, I'm keeping fable, and instead trading in Return of the King or Jedi Starfighter. I just don't play half of that stuff anymore, so it's worth more trading it in to me.

Like I said, I'll probably have some cash left over after I get The Third Age. So it won't all be for one game.

BTW, is the combat system a little like Kotor? It looked like it in the Screenies.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

...I dunno, if you're into turn based RPG's I say give this a deffinate looky-see :)

*cough* spelling of definite *cough* ;)

meh. Ive heard this description before, and even heard it compared to my beloved Final Fantasy.....lay off !!! one thing I hate are rip offs...

also, you cant play as the orginal characters.........then whats the point ?!! as Mike/Wassup chillingly hinted at, LoTR doesnt and shouldnt have an EU ! good grief :(

mtfbwya

I thought this was appropriate timing:

(*Warning* strong language, but I'm sure it's no worse than your average high school :p )

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-11-05

I suppose if you want a LOTR game with Final Fantasy style gameplay, you might want to give it a shot.

Whenever I ponder getting a game, I follow this simple rule: When in doubt, rent it. ;)

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

I thought this was appropriate timing:

(*Warning* strong language, but I'm sure it's no worse than your average high school :p )

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-11-05

he he he

for those who may not know, the character on the right is Tidus from Final Fantasy X. The more I hear about this LOTR game, the more my stomach turns, they even have summons for cripes sakes.....gosh thats unoriginal !.... [/appalled Final Fantasy fanatic]

mtfbwya

Archived