Home

IGN dishes all things lightsabers

Rat Boy

Lots of good stuff here...

Other than the combat styles (sounds like a lot to choose from), this little tidbit had me curious:

Lightsabers can also be upgraded with new power cells, emitters, and lenses. These upgrades can be found throughout the game, but, using skills, can also even be created! There are more than 60 possible lightsaber upgrades, yielding over ten million possible combinations.

Ten million? Yikes.

Originally posted by T7nowhere

well thats all good But they will still look the same :(

I know, that really sucks, they could at least make different handle models, one for each color or something simple like that... :mad:

EDIT: Unless OE is planning on releasing the saber model format to us for TSL, and they are going to leave the saber handles to us... I know not very likely, but a possibility all the same. :)

But then if they did that it wouldn't make to much sence. Imagine you change your blue crystal for a red one and all of a sudded you blade changes size or shape.

But then in a way it might be reasonable if you say that you can't change the color crystal.

The hilts never really bothered me that much, since they're barely large enough to be seen as it is. Actually, with all these lenses, emitters, and batteries, I'd hope that the blade would look different, maybe varying the diameter, shade, and brightness of it to give some visual cue as to how the weapon's been tweaked.

There is also a personal side quest you can undertake to retrieve your personal lightsaber. No idea if it's more special than any other one you might find, but might as well try to get it so you're not running around without one more than you have to.

Wow 6 of the 7 lightsaber forms i'm probably going to use VII (mace's style)

here's an overview of the lightsaber styles and who uses it

Form I= basics of combat. includes parry and attack moves (the younglings Kit Fisto)

Form II= invented to combat the sith. focuses on lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat. (Count Dooku, Exar Kun)

Form III= focuses on defense. true for nIII masters are nearly invincible. (Obi-Wan)

Form IV= an acrobatic form focusing on the three axis of rotation on a 3-d space. (Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn)

Form V= a form that was invented alongside form IV. can deflect blaster bolts back at attacker. also uses very powerful attacks. (Anakin, Vader)

Form VI= a combo of 1,3,4, and 5. the diplomat's form. a peacekeeping style. (Coleman Trebor and the jedi that died at Geonosis)

Form VII= an advanced combo of form 4 and 5. cuts close to the darkside so hard to master aka Vapaad. (Mace Windu)

^^^^

According to what Achilles and I have gathered there will be the same crystal slots as in KOTOR, the central color crystal and two booster crystals, but there are three new upgrades for the sabers, power cells, emitters, and lenses.

What these 3 upgrades do for the saber is unknown, I had hoped they would be the model parts to build your saber out of, but that can't be, as there will be no custom hilts in TSL. :mad: So what exactly do these 3 new upgrades do, we will just have to watch and see. ;)

Archived