Home

The Death Of Binks

Leper Messiah

Originally posted by Sabretooth

But that bastard did change the course of the galaxy...

I don't mind Jar-dude. Lucas wouldn't kill him, he's llike the innocent-comedy guy. Those guys don't die...

Unless it's a horror/survival, then they almost always die.

Hey, give the Gungan a break. I don't understand why everyone seems to hate Jar Jar so much. He had two important roles in the prequels; setting the ball in motion for the rise of the Empire and providing comic relief in Episode I.

Think about it, in Episode I Jar Jar was a substitute for C-3P0. Since the protocol droid didn't get that much screen time, they had to find someone else to play the role. I really don't understand why people hated seeing Jar Jar falling down and saying "how wude!" when 3P0 delivers those groan-tastic one liners in Episode II ("this is such a drag!"). Don't get me wrong, I loved 3P0's performance in Episode II, but I thought he would catch a lot of flak along with Binks.

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

Hey, give the Gungan a break. I don't understand why everyone seems to hate Jar Jar so much. He had two important roles in the prequels; setting the ball in motion for the rise of the Empire and providing comic relief in Episode I.

Think about it, in Episode I Jar Jar was a substitute for C-3P0. Since the protocol droid didn't get that much screen time, they had to find someone else to play the role. I really don't understand why people hated seeing Jar Jar falling down and saying "how wude!" when 3P0 delivers those groan-tastic one liners in Episode II ("this is such a drag!"). Don't get me wrong, I loved 3P0's performance in Episode II, but I thought he would catch a lot of flak along with Binks.

I don't like jar-jar, OR 3PO in EPS II, because it ruined the premise of C-3PO. C-3PO, in the old movies, wasn't funny because he was clumsy, he was funny because we was stubborn and cynical.

Originally posted by Doomie

Guys, it's just a character. Why would you care if he dies or not? Besides, you wouldn't see him suffer much anyway, it is still Star Wars...

Yeah, if he did die (which he isn't) he'd probably die in a ship explosion or something, and you wouldn't see it.

*pictures in senate building the platform of gungans being sad at the announcement that Jar-Jar was on the ship that recently exploded*

That's pretty much how I would picture it to be if it did happen :D

Archived