Home

Balance issues and other things to be fixed (PC version)...

There are a few things that still need fixing for 1.2, IMHO:

1. Rocket damage needs to be upped. They simply don't do enough damage to vehicles at the moment to make them worthwhile unless there are 3 or 4 of you firing at once...and even then the load time is too long for the damage you do.

2. Fix the Droideka - folded up it's nearly impossible to get it going in the direction you want it to go as the controls are just a mess. It wouldn't hurt for it to be a little faster when unfolded either - at the moment it get's owned by clone jetpackers.

3. A sprint button would be nice ala COD:UO, but I can live without it.

4. Finally it would be nice if you could set your own filter for the server list, so for example you could only see servers without bots, for instance.

Originally posted by DemonKing

There are a few things that still need fixing for 1.2, IMHO:

1. Rocket damage needs to be upped. They simply don't do enough damage to vehicles at the moment to make them worthwhile unless there are 3 or 4 of you firing at once...and even then the load time is too long for the damage you do.

TO me the rocket has plenty of damage...It may just take a little bit to kill somthing

2. Fix the Droideka - folded up it's nearly impossible to get it going in the direction you want it to go as the conrtols are just a mess. It wouldn't hurt for it to be a little faster when unfolded either - at the moment it get's owned by clone jetpackers.

CIS suck..nothing can help htem..They always get owned by the clones...Thats somthing you will have to live with...And the Droideka is awful anyway just don't be it.

I hope thats not you in your Avatar ;P

Or rocket damage higher or less vehicle HP. rocket class shouldnt even try to get a vehicle, its hopeless unless you're hidden away well and got a minute or two to spare.

Droideka hardly gets chosen...Quicker folding in/out should be a good idea, its already weak on mobility while firing anyway.

"Thats somthing you will have to live wit"

The point of a suggestion topic is that it gets fixed so they don't just "have to live with it", you know.

Sprint button? Nah

Own filter would be great.

I agree with Alegis, if anything the vehicle HP should be reduced. The rocket strength should not be just increased. It does insane damage on units.

If possible, it would be nice to increase rocket damage vs vehicles while keeping rocket damage vs units the same. Though I'm not sure they have different damage variables for different unit types. Hopefully they do for balancing sake.

I think balancing at this time needs to be on a per map basis. I wish they would have given server admins the ability to adjust the number of vehicles on a map.

For example, the tattooine dune sea and the naboo plains both are two small and open for the number of vehicles. Maybe one tank/speeder/walker per side, but definately not two and then acouple other planes or speeders. Those matches just turn into vehicular spawn point humping. Also on Ren Var(sp?), the imps have an AT-AT and two tanks, while the rebels just get two speeders. Not a fair balance.

Give server admins the ability to add and subtract vehicles so we can tweak the balance on maps.

Fortunately the devs did include the ability to adjust tickets per faction per map with the new server build. This will help server admins try to balance out maps.

For example, in the naboo and tattooine cities jetpack troopers can just jump from spawn to spawn point easily. Throw 100 or so extra tickets on the droids side to help even things out.

The units definately need to be tweaked cause there are definately balancing issues, but I think map balancing at this time is more important!

Originally posted by DemonKing

Oh - I forgot to add:

5. Bind the enter/exit key together ala BF series. The number of times I've tried to leave a vehicle only to realise I have to fumble for a second key are beginning to wear me down.

Um....I hit the E key to both enter and exit. You might wanna check your key bindings. Though mine are on default. Hit "E" I enter a vehicle, hit "E'' again and I exit.

Originally posted by Cyclone7

Um....I hit the E key to both enter and exit. You might wanna check your key bindings. Though mine are on default. Hit "E" I enter a vehicle, hit "E'' again and I exit.

Duoh!

Me bad...For some reason I forgot that you could set the same key for different things depending on if one was inside or outside a vehicle.

Well, after playing again today I will change it to:

5. Team Auto-balance. Particularly droids vs clones where every noob jumps on a jetpack. It's impossible to win Kamino as CIS because you're always facing 20 jetpack clones. I mean, I know they're clones - but sheesh!

Archived