Home

THE Jabba's Palace topic

Achillesz7

Ripped from the headlines off TheForce.net.

http://www.theforce.net/games/index.shtml#25147

Jabba's Palace Battlefront Map

Sat, Nov 06, 04 12:05:25 AM EST

"LucasArts has news of a new map for Star Wars Battlefront:

LucasArts and Pandemic Studios announced today a new map that will be available soon for PC and Xbox players of Star Wars Battlefront. The new map will send players back to the desert planet of Tatooine for a battle in Jabba’s Palace. The action will include battles with Gamorrean Guards, the dreaded Rancor and even an appearance by Jabba the Hutt. The new PC content is scheduled to go live on November 19, 2004 with the Xbox content available soon after."

I've scoured the Lucasarts homepage and could find no hard evidence of this announcement. Maybe others can help confirm or deny this news report.

-Achillesz7

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hopefully it won't be completely indoors, perhaps you'll be able to run around outside too. I'm pretty sure the rancors is going to be included, that will be cool; however they still need to do a better Dune Sea map, where's the real Sarlacc Pitt that you fall into? That will be tight if Boba Fett is like running around as an NPC in Jabba's Palace.

Originally posted by Achillesz7

Ripped from the headlines off TheForce.net.

http://www.theforce.net/games/index.shtml#25147

Jabba's Palace Battlefront Map

Sat, Nov 06, 04 12:05:25 AM EST

"LucasArts has news of a new map for Star Wars Battlefront:

LucasArts and Pandemic Studios announced today a new map that will be available soon for PC and Xbox players of Star Wars Battlefront. The new map will send players back to the desert planet of Tatooine for a battle in Jabba’s Palace. The action will include battles with Gamorrean Guards, the dreaded Rancor and even an appearance by Jabba the Hutt. The new PC content is scheduled to go live on November 19, 2004 with the Xbox content available soon after."

I've scoured the Lucasarts homepage and could find no hard evidence of this announcement. Maybe others can help confirm or deny this news report.

-Achillesz7

Alright, It comes out on my birthday.:D

I dont mind if there was 1 limited map that excluded the snipers/orbital strikes .... just as long they make the Rancor as an "drivable" vehichle.....hahahaahaha... and dont forget...Mara Jade was in Jabba's sent out by Palpatine to slay Luke.....so watch out!!! Tales From Jabba's Palace is great!!!! tho i prefer Tales Of The Bounty Hunters myself.... ;)

Originally posted by Achillesz7

he new PC content is scheduled to go live on November 19, 2004 with the Xbox content available soon after."

-Achillesz7

well at least it will be developed for PC at first and then converted for console (thanks god) and not viceversa like the whole game..

Great find! cant wait to download that!

Originally posted by Yahoo.s2f

I dont mind if there was 1 limited map that excluded the snipers/orbital strikes .... just as long they make the Rancor as an "drivable" vehichle.....hahahaahaha... and dont forget...Mara Jade was in Jabba's sent out by Palpatine to slay Luke.....so watch out!!! Tales From Jabba's Palace is great!!!! tho i prefer Tales Of The Bounty Hunters myself.... ;)

That would be so funny! Ever played star wars: Demolition?

Originally posted by Master William

Nice, but as usual we Xbox users are gonna get slapped now... waiting for ages not to mention it's probably gonna cost, but of course I'm the only one that cares

Hey I feel this way too, I don't think it will cost us if it doesen't cost pc gamers.

And were is our 1.1 patch huh!

THE AI SUCKS AND 200 RIENFORCE IS GETTING OLD!

BTW Starwars Demolition was pritty cool but a rideabe ranco come on!

Im still hoping for nutral creatures added into maps like krate dragons on dune sea or wampa on hoth!

And natural desaster where in kimino Id litning can strike troops reiking havoc or people getting taken away with waves!

Originally posted by Armydude71490

THE AI SUCKS AND 200 RIENFORCE IS GETTING OLD!

You must be referring to the Xbox version, because the AI in the PC version is incredible. Some of the best I have ever played in this type of game. :)

Had several rounds tonight over Lan with my brother and nephew, great fun.

I'm looking forward to playing Jabba's palace! I just hope bot support is available. Its been terrible support from EA with their BattleField 1942 and Vietnam games, as many times the offline audience is overlooked or neglected.

My hope is that Pandemic and Lucas Arts will be different and support the whole community. :)

Archived