Home

THE Jabba's Palace topic

Achillesz7

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, If they can't make a download such as the Jabba's Palace map for all three version of Star Wars Battlefront then they should not even bother making any in the first place. They are alienating playstation 2 players again. Just like they did when they chose not to make KOTOR, KOTOR II, Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Academy for PS2. It makes me so mad! I haven't bought a microsoft product since 2000 because of that reason!

They are alienating playstation 2 players again. Just like they did when they chose not to make KOTOR, KOTOR II, Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Academy for PS2. It makes me so mad! I haven't bought a microsoft product since 2000 because of that reason!

Please. Do you know how much it costs to port a game? Oh, and you realize that if you release something on PC, it's widely available, right?

Look, first of all certain games just don't work well on consoles. Second, you can't expect developers to release something for every single platform out there. You haven't even mentioned Mac, Linux, Solaris, etc. at all.. are those irrelevant to you? Because it seems so to me. Which implies to me that all you really want is the game, not this impossible "equality" that you seem so bent on getting for everyone.

Last of all, how on Earth would they do it? The Ps2 has virtually no hard disk space, and memory cards can't fit anything more than a saved game or two, and certainly not a map.

...And I don't see what MicroSoft has to do with any of this...

Originally posted by micks75au

Frankly I'm unimpressed, its another map, bigdeal, will it mean an improvement on the FPS....unlikely, I just think that should be thier highest priority. Not just all the fluffy (or slimy) eye candy.

TAG yur it !!

Ya, sure - new content shouldn't be their first priority. They should focus on improving the frames-per-second, even though the human eye can't really see anything beyond 30 frames-per-second - that's certainly not fluff :rolleyes:

I would most certainly rather have new content than for the developers to waste their time on technical tweaks that have a very, very low return on investment.

Seriously, what's more likely:

Bobby: Hey mom, can I get Star Wars Battlefront for Christmas? They have this really cool map of Jabba's Palace. It would be soooo fun! Please, please, please?

Or this:

Bobby: Hey mom, can I get Star Wars Battlefront for Christmas? The game runs faster than 30 frames-per-second. It would be soooo fun! Please, please, please?

You be the judge.

Originally posted by micks75au

Lag annoys me, so does the FPS, and the skewed hit detection which comes as a direct result of the previous 2. Give me performance over dressage anyday. It should perform as advertised shouldn't it?

I feel that the effect of this cap has been highly exagerated, and is more of a psychological barrier than a real one. For all my time spent playing this game online, I have never noticed any problems with hit detection, and therefore does perform as advertised. Is it still capped in a technical sense? Yes. Does this cap affect my gameplay? Not that I can perceive.

If people want to obsess about maximizing their frame-per-second, then there's nothing I can say that's going to cure them of their obsession. All I can say is that it works fine for me, and I only have a 1.8 GHz Athlon, with a GeForce 3 Ti-200 - not exactly a super-computer.

Given this, I cannot justify in my mind the need to spend developer time fixing this "perceived" problem, when they could be adding content that prolongs the life of this game.

umm, the ps2 has no hard drive. that is why there isnt downloadable content for it. and as for why they didnt port certain games to ps2, it could be because it has very low sysem specs, so a game has to be severely optimized, or it could be that it is much harder to port to ps2 because the xbox is more like a PC, whereas the ps2 is nothing like either of them.

and back on topic: the jabbas palace map looks like there will be playable gammoreans...

Come to think about it Mac did get Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, etc. Still they make contracts with Microsoft first and then decide whether or not to bother with making the ports or another system like PS2. I really wanted to get to play in a Jabba's palace map! oh well! I am not spending 150 bucks for a X-box and another 50 bucks for the X-box version of the game! Not worth it! I am just going to buy the Star Wars Lego Game on PS2 and Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith game for PS2 and wait for the PS3 to come out.

Archived