Home

THE Jabba's Palace topic

Achillesz7

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jet Black

I don't own a PS2, so I can't be sure, but I don't think it's LucasArts or Pandemic trying to screw PS2 owners. I think the PS2 is not physically capable of downloading new content like the XBox and PC can, simply since 99% of PS2's out there do not have hard drives.

It might be possible with memory cards or something, but they probably decided against it because on the XBox and PC, the developers can say: "We know this platform definitely has a hard drive, and has at least X space on it..." "However, we don't know what a PS2 has, and we can't write a zillion different files for a zillion different PS2 memory combinations, so unfortunately PS2 will not get new content."

Are there ANY PS2 games that offer you new content? Don't rag on LA/Pandemic if nobody else is offering - it may not be possible.

I guess it will be in the memory card because of this:

Page 29 of PS2 manual and I quote:

Lucasarts may make improvements or updates to the software at any time and with or without notice

to you which may be automatically downloaded into the memory card(s)used in conection with the

software.

Somehow I get the feeling that this map will be slightly larger than the 8mb memory card. Although I could be wrong, as the ps2 version is about a gig smaller than the pc version. Besides, it a lot of effort to convert xbox/pc to ps2, but xbox and pc are practically interchangable, as they are both micro$oft.

Originally posted by chrishaolin

anyone know what time this will be released? im not worried about it being pushed back, cause its very apparent that lucasarts never misses a deadline.. no matter what!

Damn right. They didn't miss the deadline for the game, and not the deadline for the demo.

Or is that because there never was a deadline for the demo?

Originally posted by DogGy

Just if you use your brains you know that it's possible that the map isn't even released anywhere !

If they say 19 nov. that doesn't mean it's there as soon as you get out of your bed.:hatchrun:

well it should be! it should be like christmas.. there when you wake up!

i stayed up until midnight last night in hopes of hearing the lucasarts reindeer on my roof...

:confused:

Originally posted by DogGy

Just if you use your brains you know that it's possible that the map isn't even released anywhere !

If they say 19 nov. that doesn't mean it's there as soon as you get out of your bed.:hatchrun:

well most of the time when it has a date that mean its out that day not the next or next few day or a week later. that way of thinking is dumb . Most of the time they post some info up telling you that it might be delayd some due to final tweaking then i can understand. When its says its out the 19th then it should be out ready to go.:deathstar

Archived