Home

THE Jabba's Palace topic

Achillesz7

Originally posted by spitboy

me too im bumd out about it ,but as long as it come out soon it will be all good.:deathstar

Agreed, I was looking forward to it ... might be nice if it's delayed because they want to add the new map to the Linux dedicated server that I hope they release too ;)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, those are new.

I wonder what the story behind the map is. Why would Imperials be defending Jabba? The Empire had been hiring numerous killers to assassinate Jabba. I think they should have made a "Gangster" faction, made up of Jabba's guards. Nikto, Klatooinians, Weequay, Rodians, etc. Then the Rebels could be attacking Jabba in an attempt to rescue Han.

Well atleast someone is haveing fun playing the map (not me the devs). the empire is probebly protecting Jabba becouse they want to keep tatooine, if they send some assasiens then who would know it was the empire. as long they make up for the time in finishing touches then it's OK. but not a new faction even just for that map.

maybe the story is that the rebs are trying to rescue solo and the imps are just trying to stop them and maybe take Han back, and Jabba wants to keep his trophy so he tells his pigs to go **** them up. I kinda wish that it wasn't an all inside map. That would be cool if you could snipe up in the towers of Jabba's palace. Plus it makes sense with the story, why would a battle begin with the imps and rebs inside Jabba's palace.

Originally posted by Rends

While i realy looking forward to the new Jabba map i find it more importand that the new ServerSoftware 1.11 supports addon maps now.

Wich means that it will be easy to add new (usermade) maps to the game in the future!

Rends

I'm also happy that the new map brings with it a new game version, so maybe those who are still holding out will finally update their server software so we can have more servers again.

Originally posted by GenralChris

this might be a little off subject but, maybe after this lucus arts could make more armys to be? Like the Royal Naboo, Ewoks, Tusken Raiders and jubbas gangsters?

What do you think?

that would be awsume but im sure thay will make that a expack i bet.I would love to play ewoks just for the hell of it.:ewok:

The problem with playing as Ewoks or Tusken Raiders is that they don't have enough variation to make up five units. It'd suck to be an Ewok and anyone who is would just be hurting the team. I did make up some ideas for a good Gungan faction, but I had to be very imaginative on what their weapons would be.

in the expansion ( if they do it ) maybe they iclude pre-movie

factions such as Old Republic,Mandalorian,Sith Empire(those three are of KOTOR :rolleyes: ) and of the books ( New Republic Yuzzahng Vong,Sorry if i spelled it wrong)

EDIT: Sorry,the old republic and mandalorian are on the timeline but the sith empire i don't know it

Two expansions would be cool... one Pre-Movies and one Post-Movies - A Post-Movies one with the last remnants of the Empire fighting it out, with Thrawn and all that. I'm not too familiar with the stories, but there might be some cool battles and locations in there.

Right, so I'm not sure who has noticed this, or who cares but the new 1.11 pc server dedicated patch is out and in it is a folder called addon and in that folder is one called tat3. Inside that file appears to be part of the jabbas palace map, not the full map it lacks textures but with some careful messing around you can get it to load and you'll see alot of nothing. mostly black(due to the lack of textures and whatnot)

but here is proof

jabba1.jpg

I'm fairly certain that its only part of the map cause the file size is about 9megs but at least we have part of it. I've got a small 3 meg video of me running around in the dark trying to find some sort of light source in the map. If anyone wants to see it send me a pm.

Originally posted by DarkReborn

in the expansion ( if they do it ) maybe they iclude pre-movie

factions such as Old Republic,Mandalorian,Sith Empire(those three are of KOTOR :rolleyes: ) and of the books ( New Republic Yuzzahng Vong,Sorry if i spelled it wrong)

EDIT: Sorry,the old republic and mandalorian are on the timeline but the sith empire i don't know it

I'm against it, and I don't think they will put it in the game cause the game should be true to the movies. That's why I think the expansion will cover the two thinks the missed in the original game: Air battles and epIII (watching the trailer I see they've still got a lot of unused material).

Originally posted by ORG]=Lionheart

Yeah, more heros in this game sounds good, and not only jedi.

Its Monday now, I hope it comes out today because the weekend is over, so the guys at lucasarts (or the creatures from Lucasarts :jawa ) should work now.

I like to kill those Gammoreans. :axe1:

I always hate jedis. It's fun to be on a distance seeing them walk around, but it is a hell being near to them. And the point is that the game will get very dependant on luck. I once saw a heroes in the netrance of the ice cave on Rhen Var, which is a good place (you can forget to pass him). The other heroes might be walking around on the ice, and since they don't take commands you cannot equal the situation.

Archived