Home

THE Jabba's Palace topic

Achillesz7

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think playing in Jabba's Palace will be sweet!

Although I love the Ewoks on Endor, and the Sand People and Jawas on Tatooine, I also agree with the comments of others saying that the Tatooine maps should have interesting creature threats, such as the Krayt Dragon, perhaps Banthas. I'd made a similar comment just this past weekend with my buddy while we were on Hoth - I said, "Too bad there's not a Wampa or two wandering around here that could really throw a wrench into someone's strategy".

Here's a list that would be cool to see:

-Hoth: Wampas

-Tatooine: Krayt Dragons, Banthas

-Bespin: Ugnaughts

-Kashyyyk: Some interesting beasts - probably will be shown in Episode III (expansion pack?)

And what maps would everyone like to see?

-Coruscant Cityscape (expansion pack?)

-Coruscant Senate (expansion pack?)

-Alderaan - obviously pre-OT (expansion pack?)

-Capital Ship Boarding Party-fictional, but would be fun to try to take a ship (downloadable?)

And what extra classes would people like to see?

-Jedi

-Sith

Anyway, just some thoughts.

Originally posted by Vagabond

I think playing in Jabba's Palace will be sweet!

. . .

Likewise, Jabba's Palace has a lot of potential. LEC and Pandemic are definitely behind the community this time.

Also posted by Vagabond

. . .

And what extra classes would people like to see?

-Jedi

-Sith

. . .

No no no no no no no no.

How many times must we mention that this game is not made to support and would not support the addition of a force-user class? SW:BF is for the gunners, the grunts, the mercenaries . . .

Originally posted by JDKnite188

How many times must we mention that this game is not made to support and would not support the addition of a force-user class?SW:BF is for the gunners, the grunts, the mercenaries...

Yes, I understand that, and feel it should be the focus. But a very limited, "dumbed-down" Jedi Sith could be fun. Nothing along the lines of the Jedi Knight games, but a very simplified, not overpowering Jedi / Sith class could be fun.

Their primary weapon could be their lightsaber, their ALT-fire could be Force Push or Jump or Absorb (light) / Force Push or Jump or Lightning (dark); they automatically try to block blaster bolts, as in the Jedi Knight games, but can't block them all, and cannot block damage from area-of-effect weapons; they also slowly auto-heal over time; lastly their secondary weapon is a blaster pistol.

Or something very simple like that - not overpowering. This would allow a Jedi / Sith class that could be fun, and useful, but if everyone were a Jedi, they couldn't win against an army that had all rocket launchers, for example. Or even all soldiers for that matter. But they could be useful in certain situations.

Or not - I think this would be fun, but not necessary. In any event, I really like SWBF.

hy should we get it for PC? Not all of us have ultra-powerful PC's!! Also, though I am mostly alone in this opinion, an Xbox Controller S feels more comfortable than a keyboard and mouse.

Eg: White and Black Buttons are used to switch secondaries and primaries. More comfortable than presssing keyboard buttons, as you only move your thumb down 1/2 a centimetre, on a keyboard, you look off the screen press the letter, and look back up, not exactly a massive delay, but you get the point.

And sitting in front of a 32 inch screen with 5.1 Surrond Sound (not that I have these luxuries) is apparently very nice.

Originally posted by Rebel_Trooper

hy should we get it for PC? Not all of us have ultra-powerful PC's!! Also, though I am mostly alone in this opinion, an Xbox Controller S feels more comfortable than a keyboard and mouse.

Eg: White and Black Buttons are used to switch secondaries and primaries. More comfortable than presssing keyboard buttons, as you only move your thumb down 1/2 a centimetre, on a keyboard, you look off the screen press the letter, and look back up, not exactly a massive delay, but you get the point.

And sitting in front of a 32 inch screen with 5.1 Surrond Sound (not that I have these luxuries) is apparently very nice.

LoL!!! The XBoX Controller is the cr*ppiest of ALL controllers. Seriosly, it's TOO big.

Seriously, that argument is invalid now. This Controller S is much smaller than the original one, but slightly bigger than the PS2 one. And as for the PS2 Controllers, they are way too small. Definately feels like they were designed for small Japanise hand. Or kids. But I'm not here to start a flame war, or hijack threads, if you find the need be, start a topic in the Sliced Tauntaun.

Originally posted by Rebel_Trooper

strictly opinion. you are more comfortable with xbox controller, and i am more comfortable with mouse/keyboard.

again, this is your opinion. i switch between primary and secondary weapons with the mouse wheel, so the range of motion i use is very little, also, but im not going there..

when you first got xbox, im sure you were not accustomed to the button setup and locations, so i bet you were looking down for the "black button" or the "white button". same thing with keyboard users.. at first, they may have to look down for a key, but after awhile, hitting keys becomes second nature..

im just sayin though..

Even though the sniper's abilities would be limited inside, it still would be interesting. The point of having different classes is that they function differently in different environments. And the sniper's rifle still comes in handy in close range, as long as you don't miss, lol. One well placed hit and your opponent is a goner. I'll wait to see if it's for real, then we'll all have to come back here and rant/bitch about it.

Originally posted by chrishaolin

do yourself a favor and get it for the PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I already bought Xbox just to get to play Battlefront, and now you want me to get it for PC? You want me to play on a PC that will run the game extremely choppy? Nooooooo, never

And frankly this game isn't worth upgrading for, I was kinda disappointed... :(

Originally posted by joesdomain

Real Intelligent there! Seeing how the PS2 Battlefront sales were great! They are leaving alot of people out who bought the game. If they can offer patches to fix things like the earlier patch for PS2 then they can offer downloaded material like new maps.

I don't own a PS2, so I can't be sure, but I don't think it's LucasArts or Pandemic trying to screw PS2 owners. I think the PS2 is not physically capable of downloading new content like the XBox and PC can, simply since 99% of PS2's out there do not have hard drives.

It might be possible with memory cards or something, but they probably decided against it because on the XBox and PC, the developers can say: "We know this platform definitely has a hard drive, and has at least X space on it..." "However, we don't know what a PS2 has, and we can't write a zillion different files for a zillion different PS2 memory combinations, so unfortunately PS2 will not get new content."

Are there ANY PS2 games that offer you new content? Don't rag on LA/Pandemic if nobody else is offering - it may not be possible.

Archived