Home

THE Jabba's Palace topic

Achillesz7

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definately feels like they were designed for small Japanise hand. Or kids.

...I see no community is perfect without an idiot...

do yourself a favor and get it for the PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much did LucasArts pay you?

Back on topic, though: SWBF sounds weirder and weirder. If it was in the movie, it's in the game, regardless of whether or not it fits in :rolleyes: . It's amazing to me that people think that's fun, but oh well.

How many times must we mention that this game is not made to support and would not support the addition of a force-user class?SW:BF is for the gunners, the grunts, the mercenaries...

Many, many, many times. It's like the people who want Ewoks as a playable civilization for Galactic Battlegrounds. Sigh. Some people just need to look up the word "no", realize they're beaten, and move on:o .

As for your post... SW: BF is pretty inaccurate to say the least and has a lot of stuff that doesn't fit in, so your argument is actually invalid. Although I do agree with you.

Originally posted by Vagabond

Yes, I understand that, and feel it should be the focus. But a very limited, "dumbed-down" Jedi Sith could be fun. Nothing along the lines of the Jedi Knight games, but a very simplified, not overpowering Jedi / Sith class could be fun.

Their primary weapon could be their lightsaber, their ALT-fire could be Force Push or Jump or Absorb (light) / Force Push or Jump or Lightning (dark); they automatically try to block blaster bolts, as in the Jedi Knight games, but can't block them all, and cannot block damage from area-of-effect weapons; they also slowly auto-heal over time; lastly their secondary weapon is a blaster pistol.

Or something very simple like that - not overpowering. This would allow a Jedi / Sith class that could be fun, and useful, but if everyone were a Jedi, they couldn't win against an army that had all rocket launchers, for example. Or even all soldiers for that matter. But they could be useful in certain situations.

Or not - I think this would be fun, but not necessary. In any event, I really like SWBF.

Fun? Possibly. Appropriate to include as a class? Still, no. I have played every JK game that exists; a "dumbed-down" version of a force-user is still an effective Jedi.

Whether or not playable Jedi appear in Battlefront is not for you to decide. Rather it's up to the folks at Pandemic/LucasArts and any mod-makers.

As a player your only choice is to use them or not.

Saying "how many times do I have to say no this game was not made to support this" is not an argument, rather it's "I will keep shouting until you stop having this opinion I don't like."

These folks are dismissing the very possibility that it could be MADE TO WORK. That's not the point though, these people just feel that playable Jedi will taint "their" game, hence the whining back.

Anyway, this thread is getting off topic. Are we arguing about playable Jedi again, PC Vs. Console or talking about the Jabba's palace map? ; )

Looking good!

Hey i heard that Jabba´s Palace map will be Patch1.1 only! ;)

From the Jabbas Palace ReadMe file:

The Rancor:

- The Rancor eats Players who havn´t update the Game to Version 1.1 yet.

- The Rancor eats Teamkillers faster then anyone can complain about the voting procedure.

Hmm, i just wonder what Jabba part will be in the map.

Maybe he will eat complainers at breakfast.

Rends

damn, it would have been cool to have been able to walk around the perimeter of the palace with nice little sniping spots up in the towers. I don't really care too much about vehicles in this map, but I wish there would have been some stuff outside too. Oh well, looks fun anyway!

Originally posted by jasa-chosen

I hope so much they release the map as a part of a patch. Because it will be just like JA only 1/8th of the people will have the map. And most servers will not run it.

Many people had the xmas bonus pack from Raven, I think about 90% did.

And by releasing this it means they enabled something to ADD maps. (instead of replacing them). So it is a patch....Also i think you'll need to have 1.1 for this :)

If they showed me a screenie of Jabba, frozen Han, the rancor and the main door, I would know just as much. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for some insights on how the map is going to look like, but if they make a movie, I'd say they could have added a bit more to show.

A positive note on the vid: yay! It's true :p and it looks like they are doing some serious trouble to make it look good as well.

I truly hope the dev team remembers the entire community and not just the mp. I love the bot support for this game, and with my sat connection bots are my only option.

The details to the map look great, I'm really looking forward to one more map to my SWBF selection. :) It'll be interesting using clones and Cis units in it as well.

At Gen Dis:

You are really on your toes about this one Dis. ;)

Archived