Home

Graphics card help...

MandalorianRage

Think you guys can help me? Okay, here's the situation.

I FINALLY figured out how to get my graphics card working in my new PC, but there's a problem with it still...

You see, after I get it working, I can't shut down my computer.. I mean, I CAN shut down the computer, but if I do, the computer starts to use the old graphics card... I've disabled the old card, and it doesn't seem to help. I can't remove the old card, since it's an onboard card...

So, any auggestions? I'm thinking about not shutting down my comp, and just leaving it on standby like I used to do with my old comp, but that won't help much if the power goes out.... So, I really need to find a permanent solution to this werid problem... Since it's pretty inconvenient having to open up my computer all the time...

man...wish i could help, but i have NEVER had onboard graphics card, i wouldnt know where to start...hmm. Ok..try BIOS first. if that dont work go start<controlpanel<system<Hardware Tab< Device Manger

in either the Display Adapters or the Sound, Video, and game controllers area you can probably spot the onboard graphics. go to properties and on the first default tab it brings up, General Tab, and down at the botton disable it...

WEll, I've been talking to my cousin.. He says since it's a Dell you can't physically unhook the onboard, and that he'll have to go into the systems coding or something to change it...

Then I talked to this guy that I know who has a degree with computers, and he says I have to physically do something...

So what I'm going to do is take it to Mike (The guy, not my cousin) and have him help me out first... I mean, if there's nothign there for him to physically mess with, it's not going to hurt anything, which is why I'd go to him first. Then if he can't do anything, I'll take it to my cousin...

And yes, I did the BIOS. I'm not stupid. :p

So for now, I'm leaving my computer on standby. If the power goes out or something, oh well, I know what to do to get it working again.

X'ero, I never meant to imply you were stupid by suggesting the BIOS. Fact is aLOT of gamers know nothing about their own computer. I just wasn't sure what your comfort level was.

I hope you get this worked out. I had a little trouble with my audigy because I had built-in audio, but disabling it under my comp and in the BIOS worked for me.

Archived