Home

I am new here

darth_nemisis

Originally posted by darth_nemisis

Sorry if this doesn't belong here. I am new here and seen all the cool avatars that move, and all the sig that have moving things in them. Could someone tell me how to do that?

darth_nemisis

Greets darth_nemisis, welcome to the forums! :)

As far as motion avatars, most are animated .gif files. I created mine in AfterEffects, but if you have Photoshop, you can use ImageReady. I'm sure there's tons of shareware/freeware progz out there to make animated .gifs as well. Try here:

http://www.downloads.com

One note, because of the avatar limitations (70x70 pixels and no larger than 20kb) your options are limited...keeping it simple helps.

As far as the moving icons in the sigs (dancing, flame, guns, smileys, etc.) whenever you post...to your left is a "smilies" window with some options...look towards the bottom and click the [ Get More ] link for the motion icons.

Make sure you have VB options activated for your account.

User CP (at the top of the forum pages) > Edit Options > Other Options towards the bottom of the page...

You can also add them to your signature, but you'll have to enter them manually (VB coding) within your Edit Profile section...

Hope that helps, and welcome again!

Originally posted by stingerhs

just keep posting. it changes after every 50 posts. see the thread below for more information:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138028

:D

ps. and don't post to just to post. around here thats called spam, which is generally prohibitted by the mods. ;)

And u could get banned trust me I would no

Originally posted by whitguy

oops i've been posting as much as i can so i an get the "banth fodder" gone because you have to have lots of posts to get the name different.

You wont get banned just for posting a lot. You'll get banned if you post a lot of useless stuff. If you read the Forum Rules it will explain what is considered spamming. When people say don't post just to increase the post count, that means no "I agree", "my post count is...", etc. :)

Archived