Home

Can't wait for Half-Life 2

SM_drunkcow

Man its killing me. It is going to be really fun and the graphics are (I think/hope) better than Doom 3. I played the first one and it was nice. Then I played the mods for the longest time. Recently I stopped it got old but man HL2 and counter-strike source*(counter-strike 2) look so cool and bad 4$$.

------------------------------------

I need some help finding the Silver HL2 that comes with the cd's. So far the only place I can find it is at http://www.steampowered.com and it doesn't come with a cd. Which would really suck if you downloaded it from them and then your computer crashed and you couldn't get the files back.

I didn't think Doom 3 was that bad. It isn't my kind of game.(I hate being on edge all the time.) Half-Life 2 should be way cool becuase man its Half-Life how could it be bad. (guess people were saying its ID and Doom how could it be bad haha) anyway I have way more confidence in HL2 than I did Doom3.

I got it with my graphics card and i'll have to stream it trough steam. Unless I use the copy of someone else which i would prefer since i have limited bandwidth [extra 5€ for extra 5gb >:^( )].

Aren't you able to back-up the HL-2 then or is it built into Steam etc?

I think we all know what happens when you overhype a game. Game looks cool so far but Im not a diehard, sell my right arm fan. I find if I go in with lower expectation rather than THE GAME OF MY LIFE, OH MY GOSH, CANT SLEEP, IM GOING TO NAME MY FIRST CHILD GORDON (even if its a girl), LOCK MY SELF IN MY ROOM FOR A WEEK!!! I thought that Battlefront would be that way. I took a day off of work to get the game and mess with it but I was disappointed but still love the game. Bottom line dont set the bar too high. Give yourself some room to be surprised!!!

Check out these websights. If this doesn't change your mind about Half-Life2 then I don't know what will.

Trailers - http://www.sierra.com/file_list.do?gamePlatformId=470

The story behind Valve - http://www.gamespot.com/features/6112889/index.html

Read this all it is long (25-30 pages) but it made me want to cry in happiness.

Only one more day till Half-Life 2!!!!

I don't think I can pay attention in school tomorrow with HL2 coming out and all.

I'm getting the collectors edition right after school. YAYA!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I have almost beaten Half-Life 2. :) It's sort of short but its the greatest game I have ever played by far. The physics are incredible. The graphics are really good too. Its a must have for every computer game player. It is really smooth and I have had no problems with it. Some people say that it sucks but those people haven't actually played it. It's a kick 4$$ game.

What are you waiting for? Go and buy it!!!

I bought it and beat it, I am a cheater. :p Still it was very fun. Jedi Timeline is a mod for it that will have the movie battles and expanded universe. They already have some models and will be ready in about a year. Very cool to be a Jedi or Sith with the physics of that game. Throwing things around. Theyre also making the mod for FarCry.

Archived