Home

first appearence

Leper Messiah

when in the EU was the first appearence of Mara Jade? ive only read a few books and storyline wise skipped about ten or fifteen years i think between the New Rebellion and the New Jedi Order :D it was quite easy to pick up the story again, but i was wondering where the character of Mara Jade came from?

also at this point arnt our characters getting a little old? i guess thats why the Solo children have to get in on the act now :D oh and Luke will probably live as long as Yoda anyway :)

Mara Jade first appeared in Tim Zahns book, Heir to The Empire.... she is Zahn's creation, and one of the most popular EU creations ever.... of course she became so popular that in EU she is *married* to Luke Skywalker :D

Chronologically, in terms of what story goes back far enough to her first appearance, it would be the comic "Mara Jade : by the Emperors Hand" which is set in Galactic Civil War era...

Jade has become so popular that Lucasfil have hired a model to be here. This lady is Shanon Baksa, and mainly appears as jade at card and comic conventions Id say....

(she was initially used as a model in the Star Wars Card Game by Decipher. Inc)

Shannon as Jade

mara_jade.jpg

Shannon as Arica(jade posed as a slave girl in Jabbas palace in ROTJ era, read the Thrawn Trilogy for more !)

eu_bg.jpg

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Wraith 8

.... but in games :p

im playing StarWars Galaxies and if you do a certain mission for the emperor you have to get a datadisk from Mara :)

and SWG is between ep4 and ep5

what ! you actually get to do exciting things in Galaxies ! Surely you jest ! :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Wraith 8

.. i mean last time i walked through the valleys on Darthomir.....

see, you said walk....you should be strafing, ducking, rolling, jumping like a madman for it to be exciting !!!! :p

jk :D

I wouldnt mind having a go at SWG but I h'aint the time nor the money :(

mtfbwya

Archived