Jump to content

Home

The Official Half-Life 2 Thread


ImmolatedYoda
 Share

Recommended Posts

Okay yeah, so the Halo fanboys have had their thread for 3 months; now that Halo 2 is out and they won't be around for many years, we can all sit around and talk about the greatness of Half-Life 2! How are all of you guys going to get it? I have an ATi vouncher, but I will upgrade to Silver this weekened and maybe Gold eventually (soundtracks are cool!) and am contemplating going to bed early next Monday night in order to wake up at 3:00AM and start playing. That is hoping that I can get the final files quickly :o.

 

I think this game will be so freaking cool, just because of the environments, enemies, physics, and graphics. Much better than any console shooter!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tyrion

Uh, you only need to scroll down a bit I need to reread thread titles so I don't look like an idiot...

 

Anyway, I can't wait for Half-life 2 myself. I played the first HL, and it rocked. Only thing I don't quite like is how you need to be online to play single player...

You only need to be online when you install it, verify the code, and then you can play offline.

 

 

 

Me's getting it as soon as my desktop is fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Treacherous Mercenary

I get paid this Friday, but I'm hoping they have a DVD disc alone for the game rather than spending all that money on CE... Might have to wait a little to install as I need a DVD drive, but it would be well worth it rather than hassling with six discs.. Oh yeah, I dump this Geforce2 MX for a Radeon 9700 Pro later this week. :D

 

I seriously doubt there will be a DVD non-CE version (at least in the US). That doesn't really seem to happen over here. UT2004 and MoH:PA both have DVD versions that have all these extras and crap...I think Far Cry had a non-special DVD version, thought. Europe mostly gets the DVD versions, for some odd reason. And who needs CDs/DVDs when you have Steam? :D I was actually thinking about getting a hard copy too, though. Just so I could, you know, say I have a HL2 box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda

I seriously doubt there will be a DVD non-CE version (at least in the US). That doesn't really seem to happen over here. UT2004 and MoH:PA both have DVD versions that have all these extras and crap...I think Far Cry had a non-special DVD version, thought. Europe mostly gets the DVD versions, for some odd reason. And who needs CDs/DVDs when you have Steam? :D I was actually thinking about getting a hard copy too, though. Just so I could, you know, say I have a HL2 box.

 

I want them on disc in case anything goes wrong so I don't have to download over 1GB of the game... Especially if I should have to reformat, whatever the case may be. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Kain

*takes a page out of ImmolatedYoda's playbook*

 

HALF-LIFE 2 FANBOYS SUCK INSERT SHAMELESS HALO 2 PLUG BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! HALO 2two PWNS J00 LAM3 1/2-LF3 tw0 fan-b0yz!!!111oneonelevenone111!!!

HALO 2 IZ TEH SUXXORZ, HL2 RULES, HL2 PWNZ J00 L4M3R F4NB0Y! ME L337 H4XX0RZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Kain

*takes a page out of ImmolatedYoda's playbook*

 

HALF-LIFE 2 FANBOYS SUCK INSERT SHAMELESS HALO 2 PLUG BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! HALO 2two PWNS J00 LAM3 1/2-LF3 tw0 fan-b0yz!!!111oneonelevenone111!!!

 

Nice job at histrionics there, Kain. I love how you extrapolated that all from my signature, that ONE post I made in the Halo 2 thread (which was about UT2004 anyway, GJ t00l), and the opening and ending sentences of my first post in this thread. Really, you deserve to be commended. Oh wait, who was the one that said "Halo 2 pwns j00" when I didn't even openly say I hated Halo? Amazing intelligence demonstrated there. Impressive, most impressive :rolleyes:. Maybe you should go back to learning your letters, because they obviously didn't help you read my "playbook." Also note that I didn't barge right into your Halo 2 thread and start spewing off about how "HL2 pwnj0rz Halo 2" and crap like that. You should learn appropriate sarcastic reactions, it might help you look smarter. But I guess you don't care about that, now do you? :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll probably get it a few days or a week after it comes out. I'll get the Collecter's Edition.

 

The only thing I'm sad about it's release is my sad computer.

 

I have a 2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 Processer with 512 MB of RAM and a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 video card. :(

 

Huzzah for Half-life! The first one blew me away!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by legameboy

I'll probably get it a few days or a week after it comes out. I'll get the Collecter's Edition.

 

The only thing I'm sad about it's release is my sad computer.

 

I have a 2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 Processer with 512 MB of RAM and a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 video card. :(

 

Huzzah for Half-life! The first one blew me away!

 

I'm about in the same boat as PCs go...same processor and RAM, but with a Radeon 9600SE (it isn't that great). But at least I'll be able to run HL2 at medium/high with pretty good performance. Well, that's based on playing Counter-Strike: Source. However, I have decided to save up to upgrade some of my hardware. Anyways, good luck, I hope your Gf4 can run it well enough!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

*laughs at ImmolatedYoda*

 

Aww - teh fanboy is red-cheeked at Red Devil. How cute.

 

Seriously, Half-Life sucked.

 

Edit: Eh, came off of a 12 hour Halo2 binge...my mind is a little on killmode right now. Deleted the offensive material.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by legameboy

Half-life was probably the first FPS that I ever got immersed in, everything was just so... believable (I know, I know, there were aliens... but...). I've watched the high resolution videos they've released about a dozen or so times each... Half-life 2 is so close...

 

:D

 

Amen, brotha! And what did all of you guys think about Xen? I enjoyed it, I didn't think it was up to par with the rest of the game, but it was still an interesting diversion.

 

Oh and Kain, really, just stop posting.

 

EDIT: and you know that's what I meant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda

Amen, brotha! And what did all of you guys think about Xen? I enjoyed it, I didn't think it was up to par with the rest of the game, but it was still an interesting diversion.

 

Xen was fun, but it was kind of a step down from the rest of the game. Mainly just because the graphics of that time really couldn't depect a good Xen in my opinion.

 

If we had a Source engine Xen, then... wow... :D

 

That's also why I'm getting the Collector's edition of Half-life 2, to play Half-life: Source.

 

:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by legameboy

I'll probably get it a few days or a week after it comes out. I'll get the Collecter's Edition.

 

The only thing I'm sad about it's release is my sad computer.

 

I have a 2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 Processer with 512 MB of RAM and a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 video card. :(

 

Huzzah for Half-life! The first one blew me away!

 

 

:eek:

 

Mines 1.8 ghz, 256 mb of ram and yet-to-be bought video card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...