Jump to content

Home

The Official Half-Life 2 Thread


ImmolatedYoda
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seem to be alot of complaining about HL2's story... And I want to ask you, what game has a completly new story? Most (if not all) are about killing people because of X reason. This reason is usually things like "find out why you are killing all these people" or "its my job to kill all these people"

 

And I can honestly say, I didnt like HL1, but Im probably getting HL2, if not because of the mods and just to get a random fps.

I was thinking of getting a Halo Game, but really got bored when my friend explained it:" You kill people in an intergalactic war and this thing is supposed to help you but really wants you dead"

Sounded DEEP

:p

But I might be mistaken..but thats what I heard about the story, and when playing Halo 2 hours I really couldnt see any difference from most FPS, except it was enemies everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir

You guys just don't know when to shut up :lol:

 

 

 

I wonder if Team Fortress is under development for HL2 :confused:

 

That would be sweet

 

 

EDIT: Any news on this would be cool... SO GO SEARCH! :p

 

Do you mean a port of Team Fortress Classic? Or an actual, separate TF mod for HL2? Granted, the latter doesn't sound very likely, given the fact that TFC exists. On the matter of a Source port of TFC, no one really knows; it is a matter of whether you believe Valve will port all the offical HL content like they said they would (you know, OpFor, Blue Shift, officially adopted mods). I really hope they do port TFC, as it was/is one of the top 5 or so most popular HL mods, judging from the Steam player data. Also, I have played TFC for 3 years or so now, and would really love to see it get a big kick in the (behind), as the community seems to really have fallen apart in the past several months, probably because of the switch to Steam.

 

Oh, and Team Fortress 2 (remember that one? :p) is, according to Valve, under development on Source, and more information is supposed to surface after the release of HL2. I don't know what to think about this one.

 

To make a long story short, I swore by PC games ever since I first played Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, which is STILL in my opinion, the best Star Wars PC game ever made. Since it was also my first ever PC game, I can be jaded in my opinion.

 

Hell Groovy, I don't think anyone here will think you jaded for that; this is the JK Series forums after all :p. and DF/JK/MotS are definitely the best Star Wars games ever made, hands down. If only they would update them with current graphics technology...man, they could remake all three (or even just one) and sell it for 50$ and I would buy it!

 

And I don't need to wait for reviews for HL2 before I get it: PC Gamer already gave it a 98%, and several other magazines have rated it quite highly too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom

Any hint that Shepard is gonna be in it from Opposing Force?

 

Not yet. It takes place five years after the events of Half-Life, and it appears that the world is quite a different place now, so we won't be seeing any military troops like those from Half-Life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I expect one expansion seen from one of the soldier oppressors, fighting against the Resistance or joining them or whatnot.(hopefully just against, I wanna be on the "evil" side too)

One about the girl(dont know her name) and one about the awesomest guy ever: Barney

 

And one of the top reasons im playing the game is cause of what Barney says in one sequence:

"Remember when we thought Black Mesa was the worst that could possibly happen?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by jokemaster

EDIT: And Groovy's not kidding about Kain. His GF posts in this forum and he once flamed her.

 

Leastwise that's the.......watchamacallit........legend.

 

Thats what she gets for being stupid.

 

She's sitting right next to me...ow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

let me put it this way:

 

first, i'm a big fan of halo AND halo 2. i've played both of them on the xbox and own halo for the pc. i'm still playing the halo multiplayer on my pc because, quite frankly, its fun.

 

second, i really wish halo 2 was being released on the pc. since it isn't:

*curses m$* :fist:

 

third, i think i still have that the hl, opf, bs, and cs cd's lying around here somewhere....oh, wait, i still have the games installed on my hd complete with about 10+ mods...

 

fourth, hl 2 is going to be good. right now, the best fps on the market is halo 2. will hl2 surpass it as far as gameplay goes?? that remains to be seen. but one thing is for sure: the mods that will eventually come with hl2 will make it a much more enjoyable game in the long run. of course, thats just me. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda

Do you mean a port of Team Fortress Classic? Or an actual, separate TF mod for HL2? Granted, the latter doesn't sound very likely, given the fact that TFC exists. On the matter of a Source port of TFC, no one really knows; it is a matter of whether you believe Valve will port all the offical HL content like they said they would (you know, OpFor, Blue Shift, officially adopted mods). I really hope they do port TFC, as it was/is one of the top 5 or so most popular HL mods, judging from the Steam player data. Also, I have played TFC for 3 years or so now, and would really love to see it get a big kick in the (behind), as the community seems to really have fallen apart in the past several months, probably because of the switch to Steam.

 

Oh, and Team Fortress 2 (remember that one? :p) is, according to Valve, under development on Source, and more information is supposed to surface after the release of HL2. I don't know what to think about this one.

 

 

 

Hell Groovy, I don't think anyone here will think you jaded for that; this is the JK Series forums after all :p. and DF/JK/MotS are definitely the best Star Wars games ever made, hands down. If only they would update them with current graphics technology...man, they could remake all three (or even just one) and sell it for 50$ and I would buy it!

 

And I don't need to wait for reviews for HL2 before I get it: PC Gamer already gave it a 98%, and several other magazines have rated it quite highly too.

 

Yeah, that's what I feared, I never saw anything for it on Steam. Or anywhere else for that matter. I do remember TFC2, never really paid much attention to it, but hey at least they tried :xp:.

 

I still play TFC, hell I just got done playing. It would be a shame if they don't re-release it. Even if it was just a remake of 2fort with all the classes (except solly :mad: ) and HL2 source code. I would be just fine with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir

Yeah, that's what I feared, I never saw anything for it on Steam. Or anywhere else for that matter. I do remember TFC2, never really paid much attention to it, but hey at least they tried :xp:.

 

I still play TFC, hell I just got done playing. It would be a shame if they don't re-release it. Even if it was just a remake of 2fort with all the classes (except solly :mad: ) and HL2 source code. I would be just fine with that.

 

WHAT?? ARE YOU SAYING YOU DON'T LIKE SOLLYS??? Man, they're the best freakin class in the game, I love being a solly. That and medic or sniper. But yeah, for a TFC port, I wouldn't care even if it were just like HL:S, with prettier water/effects available, just with all the old maps and textures. TFC doesn't need all sorts of physics objects and crap. Ragdoll would rock though :D. C'mon Valve, you can do it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda

WHAT?? ARE YOU SAYING YOU DON'T LIKE SOLLYS??? Man, they're the best freakin class in the game, I love being a solly. That and medic or sniper. But yeah, for a TFC port, I wouldn't care even if it were just like HL:S, with prettier water/effects available, just with all the old maps and textures. TFC doesn't need all sorts of physics objects and crap. Ragdoll would rock though :D. C'mon Valve, you can do it!

 

Werd... except for the loving of the solly's... They should all die. I would shank them all with my knife (hint). I play Engi, Spy, Sniper. And iff all of those are taken... Medic. Maybe I could hit you up to play sometime.

 

 

Or knock you up :p

 

 

 

 

 

 

:indif:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir

Has anyone else noticed that the HL 2 fans are more reserved about waiting for their game than the Halo 2 fans were? :p

 

 

Oh ****, what did I just do?

 

 

*runs*

 

Bloody consolers ;)

 

Nah, it's because we're used to waiting. We waited years for the original Half-Life, and we've waited years for the sequel - we can hold out for a couple more days...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by The_One

Bloody consolers ;)

 

Nah, it's because we're used to waiting. We waited years for the original Half-Life, and we've waited years for the sequel - we can hold out for a couple more days...

What he said, we've been waiting 6 bloody years for this thing, we can wait a couple more days, unlike waiting 2 years for a game, then you're not used to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still, no matter what you think of Valve's business policies, Half-Life 2 is a "must buy" game. If you're a fan of the series, that was already obvious. Heck, if you're a PC gamer chances are you're going to get it at some point anyway. But if you're new or skeptical of the genre and want to see a prime example of the power and excitement of a first-person shooter, this is it. And it begins with the continuation of a story.

SUCK ON THAT!

 

 

Quote by http://WWW.IGN.COM

 

They should have the same guy who reviewed halo 2 review this so we can get an even opinion. Even better if he wasn't editor of the XBOX section or the PC section. I say we get the guy who reviews the DVD section review both games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...