Home

Got 'em, Finally!!!

masterdebator

Well, I bought all of the following games this past month, and I wanted to know what you guys think, and what I need to play them... Oh, and where is that patch for the LOOM floppy?

here's the list... (* indicates one I already had; ** indicates non-english version)

Zak Mckracken and the Alien Mindbenders (US DOS floppy)

Maniac Mansion (US DOS floppy)

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (US FDOS floppy)

The Secret of Monkey Island (US amiga)

The Secret of Monkey Island (US VGA floppy)

The Secret of Monkey Island (US EGA floppy)

The Secret of Monkey Island (US VGA cd)*

The Secret of Monkey Island (US VGA cd-Monkey Madness<aka.alternate>)*

The Secret of Monkey Island (DE VGA floppy)**

Loom (floppy)

Loom (FM-Towns)

Sam & Max (US)

Day of the Tenacle (US)

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (US)

Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge (monkey madness)*

Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge (US)

Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge (CR)**

The Curse of Monkey Island*

Well, I don't have a scanner, so I can't give you pictures, but I can tell you my hard drive is almost full, as I have taken most of them off their original format. I have spent hours getting these all sorted with the proper ScummVM shortcuts with the proper cmd arguments, but I have done it!!! I don't know why I bought the other languages, it was kind of an accident, this guy was selling them to me, and he regaurded to mention that they were in German and in Czech. Well, I only need the Dig and Full throttle to complete my SCUMM collection. Oh, and the old games are really beautiful in the windowed mode of ScummVM Q&E <bgbennyboy>

Well, as soon as I get my LOOM FM-Towns, I will be finished, how do I play it? and how do I get it to my HD? I have no idea what FM-Towns is, but I think it is a cassette tape...

• 3 weeks later...

Freddy, I have some that you don't have. I'm thinking about making a DVD-R filled with all the monkey island goodies I can find. MIDIs, MP3s, Monkey's Audio copy of the CDA (it's a lossless format). Scans, RTF-format manuals. As many full versions of the monkey island series in all the different PC formats as I can find.

I currently have:

Monkey Island 1:

CD-ROM (And Madness, differs only with the loader file and the fact that the the original has 5 languages).

MI2 DISK version 1 - MI2 disk version 2 (KIXX label, copy protection removed), MI2 CD-ROM (differs only with loader file).

MI1 1.0 4-disk EGA version.

MI1 1.0 4-disk VGA version.

MI1 1.0 4-disk VGA "PC-gamer version" (copy protection removed).

MI1 1.1 7-disk VGA version (AFAIK the rarest version of monkey island).

I need MI1 1.0 8-disk version, and the collection will be complete. If anyone can email it to me please do so.

I have scans of a lot of stuff, I may want to request high-resolution scans of additional material - if anyone can help, LMK.

I have the boxes for:

MI1, MI2, MI1 kixx, MI2 Kixx, Classic Tales - I also have the manuasl for all of these. I have the CD-ROM slip-case & manual. I have the hint books. If anyone has the manual of EMI in PDF format, please LMK.

I will include custom ISO's I've made of Escape From Monkey Island on the DVD-R. It will install the full game to the hard disk, the updated version (you don't have to download, or install the update seperatly) - AND play fully from the hard disk without the use of the CD-ROMs. MI3 will have a cut-down installation file that will install directly from the DVD-R (and play without the original CDs in the drive) - I guess I COULD do the same for EMI. Yeah I probably will - just cram it all into a .VBS file.

Wow, no editing, no mercy just banned... hmmm... We should be a bit more carefull... I was currently working on a JavaVM for monkey island games, when I realised that it was

a)barely working

b)too small to even make out

c) illegal.

So I have stopped production. If I could just get a little help...

And I don't think doing things illegally is the right way to go. And I think that Maniac Mansion is one of my favorites now, and Sam and Max.

Yeah, bgbennyboy seems to like to ban me. I'm okay with the other moderator's, but Benny - nup. One would hope he'd see sense. And yes it is intended for personal use, but I may make some copies for interested parties (I'm not too concerned about piracy since I figure anyone who would want the disc would already own at least one monkey island game).

Anyhow, like I said the only thing I really want now is the 8-disk version of MI1. I'll also be putting the demos on the disc, as well as SCUMMVM (and possibly older versions, if I have access to them). I've reproduced in full 320x200 resolution the two screenshots in the MI2 manual that could not actually be taken in the game. The first should be pixel-for-pixel identical to the manual and looks exactly like the original screenshot would have, except that it has more than 256 colours. I'm going to invistigate why this is:

scrn1.png

but I'm sure it can be fixed. The other one is impossible to re-make pixel for pixel, so I'm just going to try and get it as close as I can. the dog's close-up on the back of the MI1 box I will too make in 320x200.

Originally posted by HSF

Yeah, bgbennyboy seems to like to ban me. I'm okay with the other moderator's, but Benny - nup.

Probably because benny can actually ban you, as apose to mods like me who don't have the abilitiy to do so. And that piracy justification was weak... very weak.

Archived