Home

With the patches out is Battlefront worth getting?

TheLiberator34

Well, let's see...

Do you like lag?

Do you like being capped to 20 frames per second?

Do you like balance issues?

Do you like featureless browsers?

Do you like empty servers?

Do you like spawn camping?

Do you like vehicles that are so overpowering that infantry don't stand a chance?

Do you like slow moving lasers that make things like sniping practically impossible?

Do you like flying starships in maps no bigger than a shoebox?

Do you like worthless patches?

If you answered yes to most of these, then SWBF is your game!

BTW, on G4's Xplay program, they just ragged this games online component hard! They said the online lag was so bad, it was virtually unplayable.

To be fair, the game looks pretty decent (particularly the lighting and water effects), the sound is good, and the single player is intriguing. It has (or had) great potential, but it is far from living up to the original hype. If the next patch addresses gameplay and netcode issues instead of only browser enhancements, this game may one day be playable.

The game still has some problems - balancing issues, a bit laggy at times, no room for spaceships to maneuver and so on that others have pointed out, but IMHO it is still pretty fun.

The graphics and atmosphere are really good (although slightly limited by the game's console origins) and it really captures a "Star Wars" feel - It's great watching At-Sts stalk through Endor or killing Gungans on Naboo!

I'd recommend it if you are a SW fan and enjoyed similar games (eg BF series).

Originally posted by WaxSlinger

Well, let's see...

Do you like lag?

Do you like being capped to 20 frames per second?

Do you like balance issues?

Do you like featureless browsers?

Do you like empty servers?

Do you like spawn camping?

Do you like vehicles that are so overpowering that infantry don't stand a chance?

Do you like slow moving lasers that make things like sniping practically impossible?

Do you like flying starships in maps no bigger than a shoebox?

Do you like worthless patches?

I will answer Waxlingers troll posting here:

- I don´t have Lag normaly. Have a look for decent servers there are some out there with ping <100 or

- not all Servers are limited to 20 fps.I played on one with 60fps yesterday.But i agree that it shouldn´t set to 20 by default.

- The Browser have enough features for me. The only thing i miss is a browser chat and a buddy search function.

- The first 10 servers on my list are most times full. But i mentioned it earlier at this board that 50 percent of the onlimegamers still havn´t updated yet and can´t join the new servers and they also don´t show up in the 1.1 ingame browser.

- Spawn camping is a problem not only for Battlefront but for most other games too.

- vehicles are not overpowered. Learn to fight them (if you can fight them in a team).

- Again learn to use to be a sniper and you get kills

- Yes maps are to small for airfights

- Patch 1.1 fixed a lot but not all problems it´s far away from beeing worthless.

To answer the initial question. Yes go and get Battlefront. Update to Version 1.1 and you will realy like it. At least i do it :-)

Rends

I first thought sniper was impossible with the cap but I manage fine with it. (If i'm not a pilot i'm a combat sniper).

And you can join a server that isn't empty you know, they fill up quite fast

If you're looking for a competitive game, wait for cap fix and more server options. If you just want a fun game to play it's good.

Originally posted by JediLiberator

So, Ive been looking at battlefront and listening to what people playing the game have had to say(and gripe) about it. Now I have to ask, with the patch 1. 1 out is battlefront worth buying?

If you didn't buy SW:BF before because you thought it might not be as good as you want it to be, I don't think you should buy it now. The patch was okey, but I don't think it would push you over the tip of the mountain unless you were really on the brink of buying it.

Myself, I bought it a few days after it was released, patch or no patch. The game I find fun to play and has even more to offer than it shows, IMO. There are still a lot of things that need patching, tweaking and stuff like that, but if you plan on waiting untill the game is perfect, then you can wait till eternity, cause communities always find something to complain about (by which I am NOT trying to offend any community. Heck, I complain a lot myself :p ).

If you like Star Wars, I'd say this game is something for you.

Originally posted by Rends

- The first 10 servers on my list are most times full. But i mentioned it earlier at this board that 50 percent of the onlimegamers still havn´t updated yet and can´t join the new servers and they also don´t show up in the 1.1 ingame browser.

Just to play Devil's advocate, but if those gamers haven't upgraded by now, what's to say they ever will? I mean, how many have already given up on this game and now spend all their time with Halo 2 (XBoxers of course)?

Originally posted by Prime

Just to play Devil's advocate, but if those gamers haven't upgraded by now, what's to say they ever will? I mean, how many have already given up on this game and now spend all their time with Halo 2 (XBoxers of course)?

The answer is simple. They actualy PLAY this game. If they already gave up they won't show up in gamespy stats!

I guess they simple don't know that Patch1.1 exsist.

Archived