things off and ans. some questions

that the people seem to be asking.

First of here are a few screenshots

of WIP from the staff

shot201.jpg

Sith-J-Cull = Corascant, Padmes Appartment

shot0000.jpg

AOTCTC - MP Code Current Build - Unique1

There is a lot of work going on at the moment, we are trying as hard to do as much as we can to get AOTC out before EP3 comes out, but we cant do it with out support from you guys.

So pop onto the site http://www.aotctc.com come onto the forums http://www.aotctc.com/forums and have a chat have a look around then emptyness that will be filling up quickly, and ask me and the team about the mod and what we are doing.

What we are trying to do, and the code we are creating seems to be supporting it, is a MP Co-op based on the film, yes looks like SP is out the window, with elements of Star Wars Battlefield thrown in to make the fun oh that much more :)

We are just in the middle of discussing on were to go etc, so I will keep you all informed on here, but its best to keep your eyes on the fourms on our site to keep up to date.

• 1 month later...

hey bro, i d/l'ed ur demo, AWESOME! but for 1 bug... the graphics for my Saber, menu, and cursor go square..like a graphics glitch... its only a problem when i have the ATOC:TC mod on.... maybe its the RGB saber thing? i really dont know... im sure its not my drivers and card... newest OFFICIAL driver, and a 6800 ultra ;)

oh, and would u guys talk to the Republic Commando MOD guys? they have a great idea...but not really the resources to create such awesome skins as u guys do!

Your lucky you have access to Unique1 and RazorAce, Anakin. Otherwise you'd be dead in the water.

Once MovieBattles gets pulled into the fold to create a super mod who knows what'll happen. But at the moment I see AOTCTC as a leech on Open Jedi Project..

Originally posted by Prime

It does look cool and I know that you guys have put in a lot of work, but I have a hard time getting excited since after all this time I have my doubts it will every be released. :(

I hope it does though...

I concur. This Mod/Project/TC has been "under developement" forever, going way back to JO. Plus, the demo just sucked ass. Sorry, but thats a truth that many have not forgotten. Simply posting sceenshots of two of James maps (Sith-J-Cull), as nice as they are, is cool and all but does not a TC make.

Also, AOTCTC was given the code to Promod and AImod and did nothing with either. I'm personelly tired of seeing obscure posts about AOTCTC poping up every so often out of the blue. I'd like to see something finished, something playable, anything tangible that at the least, shows some promise.

Talk about beating a dead horse...

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

I concur. This Mod/Project/TC has been "under developement" forever, going way back to JO. Plus, the demo just sucked ass. Sorry, but thats a truth that many have not forgotten. Simply posting sceenshots of two of James maps (Sith-J-Cull), as nice as they are, is cool and all but does not a TC make.

Also, AOTCTC was given the code to Promod and AImod and did nothing with either. I'm personelly tired of seeing obscure posts about AOTCTC poping up every so often out of the blue. I'd like to see something finished, something playable, anything tangible that at the least, shows some promise.

Talk about beating a dead horse...

It is unfortunate, but I think to some extent AOTCTC has missed the boat. The number of players is definitely on the decline...

Well, that's always going to be a issue unless you're modding for the lastest version of the HalfLife, Unreal Tournment, or Doom/Quake.

The root of the problem is you simply can't create a great original mod in the 3 months you have between major FPS releases. Hell, this year alone we've had Doom 3, Halo 2, HL2, and UT2004.

Anyway, the AotC TC site has been down for at least a week and I haven't heard squat from Unique1 in weeks. What's the deal?

Originally posted by Tinny

so can you give us any tid bits as to what the new gametypes are about?

To give a more concise answer, the new gametypes that are planned are:

Scenario - This is basically a Star Wars version Enemy Teritory with a healthy dose of Battlefield 1942. I beleive Unique is working on this because he wasn't happy with Siege or Battlefront.

RPG - Unique's has some big plans for an RPG gametype for JKA. New weapons, playerclasses, maps, quests, etc. I can't really tell you more simply because I don't know how definite his plans are.

CoOp - I guess this is technically my section of the project. AotCTC will probably use the OJP CoOp technology to make an AotC base campaign, if (and that's a big if) they can come up with the mapper talent to do so.

------------------------------

btw, community members, the dynamic has shifted. The modding bottleneck has shifted from coders to mappers. If you're a mapper and are interested in either AotCTC or the Dark Forces mod, both desperately need your help to be able to finish their projects. Please contact them ASAP.

Originally posted by razorace

Well, that's always going to be a issue unless you're modding for the lastest version of the HalfLife, Unreal Tournment, or Doom/Quake.

The root of the problem is you simply can't create a great original mod in the 3 months you have between major FPS releases. Hell, this year alone we've had Doom 3, Halo 2, HL2, and UT2004.

Oh, I know the reasons. From what I've seen they have done some great work. I know this isn't their job and they do it in their free time. It is just too bad that in the end they might not have as big an audience as they once might have had.

Archived