Home

X Box 2

Darth Groovy

This is the place to meet and discuss any information that any of you might know about the upcoming X Box 2.

As of this posting, all I know is that Microshaft plans to release a new and upgraded X Box. Details are scetchy, and news is quite hard to find.

On the official X Box site, there is currently no information on the X Box 2 to be found whatsoever, but there is PLENTY of rumours, as the the validity of any information, what can I say?

welcomer.gif

I have found a very interesting image, but nobody is certain if this is real or just something thrown together by clever tricksters:

Supposedly according to an anonymous scource who submitted information to engadget.com, this is what it looks like:

3463704370424561.JPG?0.5898756681936006

6821595414083573.JPG?0.8816574834581683

Here is the article that follows:

We’re not sure if these are legit or not, but an anonymous tipster who claimed to be a part of a focus group for the upcoming Xbox 2 sent us some questionable screengrabs of two of the “logos and console designs being considered for the next generation Xbox system” (that quote according to the focus group material we saw). We’d send ‘em back to the drawing board if it we were in that focus group, but supposedly they’ve got more cooking—it’d be pretty foolish if they didn’t—so we’ll see.

So that being said, does anyone know/heard anything else?

My chief concern, is will X Box follow Sony's lead and make old games compatible with the new system?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

Ep 3 game trailer.

Let's hope that the Ep 3 game breaks the curse of the film based games being total failures.

Remember these:

Episode 1: (had it on playstation, I liked it, but it got horrible press, and had some bugs that pissed me off at times, still managed to clear it, and enjoyed the process)

Epidose 1 Racer: (this game I enjoyed, but I can only race for so long. Some times I put it on again.)

Jedi Power Battles: (Playstation version totally sucks, GBA version makes it a scrolling platform beat em up, and it works!)

Star Wars Demolition: (fine example of a game that came too late for it's time. It came out during a time when most people got tired of playing Twisted Metal vehicular combat games, and moved on to more complex games like Metal Gear Solid. Didn't take long for this to wind up in the cheap bin. Not a bad play, but it looses it's replay value in about five minutes tops.)

Episode II: (made for GBA, not one positive comment in any review I read)

Star Wars: Obi-Wan: (most people hate it, I have not played it, so I cannot say. Seems that die hard fans get a kick out of it, but mostly due to it's second market price.)

The Clone Wars: (christ, that game really does suck, it's like a Twisted Metal game, but not as fun, got really boring way too fast.)

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I think it's going to be hard to get it to be backwards compatable seeing as how the Xbox 2 will be utilizing flash ram instead of a harddrive but who knows I guess. It sure would be great if it did play Xbox games.

And THIS is the thing I hate about consoles. Every couple of years, upgrades mean new games, and an entirley new system. THAT is why I gave up on Nintendo. Once they launched the 64 series after only a few brief years of the Super NES, I had had enough. I enjoyed my Playstation all the way up until last year, when I sold most of my games, and my portable PSONE. I still have my original, but sold most of the games. Maybe I should have bought a ps2, but I liked playing the XBOX the best. :(AND THEY HAD NINJA GAIDEN, nobody else did)

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Let's hope that the Ep 3 game breaks the curse of the film based games being total failures.

Star Wars: Obi-Wan: (most people hate it, I have not played it, so I cannot say. Seems that die hard fans get a kick out of it, but mostly due to it's second market price.)

I like Obi-Wan and I have finished it. The last mission is the best though. The Battle Royal jedi match. The best.

Yeah Ep 3 game should change it.

All copies of Obi Wan should be rounded up, burnt, have their ashes placed in very large, very thick vaults and buried in the meadowlands where a group of monks shall be formed and set up a monastary over the burial site in hopes that their ever constant vigilance and mighty prayer keep at bay the evil powers that brought forth such putrid filth.

Originally posted by Leper Messiah

looks like a tacky VCR.....

fake, in my OXM, no backwards compatability, gonna be smaller, sleeker, and same color scheme, and the controler might be different. from pics it looks like its a combination of a PS2 and Xbox controller, but they are still making and designing stuff

Real PS3:

ps3.jpg

*waits for next E3*

TiE

From my favorite website Actiontrip:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19615

"The standard Xbox Next will not include a hard drive, which will allow Microsoft to cut costs on this basic unit. Xbox Next HD, as you might imagine, does include a hard drive and will offer increased functionality based on this. Xbox Next PC is, according to the presentation, an entry-level PC that runs Windows and all standard PC software. It also includes CD Burner, Wireless keyboard, mouse and controller and will work best connected to a high-definition TV or PC monitor. Media Center functionality - like movies, music and photos - is also included. The device will also play most available PC games."

Makes me really sad :(.

Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda

From my favorite website Actiontrip:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19615

"The standard Xbox Next will not include a hard drive, which will allow Microsoft to cut costs on this basic unit. Xbox Next HD, as you might imagine, does include a hard drive and will offer increased functionality based on this. Xbox Next PC is, according to the presentation, an entry-level PC that runs Windows and all standard PC software. It also includes CD Burner, Wireless keyboard, mouse and controller and will work best connected to a high-definition TV or PC monitor. Media Center functionality - like movies, music and photos - is also included. The device will also play most available PC games."

Makes me really sad :(.

Whoa, three versions?? Whoa!

I will obviously get the HD version :D

TiE

Archived