Home

Spawn camping

dvader0571

Does anyone else seem to notice the problem with spawn camping, most notably in a vehicle. I understand that when your down to a couple command posts you are near defeat, but I like to TRY and make an effort to turn the tides. However, when someone camps by your spawn spot and kills you time and time again without giving you a chance it gets to the point you wonder why even try? You can just admit defeat let the game end and start a new map.

But I get so immersed i'd like a fighting chance. The spawn spots are too predictable and there are not enough variation in their locations.

Also, it seems everytime you spawn your back is turned to the enemy. Not just when the enemy specifically hides behind your spawn spot to back stab you but when the enemy surrounds the command post to take it over and you spawn in the time it takes to turn around is a wasted couple of seconds.

Invicibility does help but not always.

true true, lol i just had to get it out of my system.

But here's a point on the subject ( and if I could figure out how to talk to my teammate on PC version I'd call for help with this )

"Instead of whining about a spawn killer on our spawn I said, spawn as a roket troops and mine the ass out of the spawn, about 6 did. The mines killed the vehicle quik quik. We then peppered the spawn with mines and after 2 or 3 attempts the other side just gave up tryin. When ground troops work together in this game theres nothin that can beat em"

Originally posted by chrishaolin

this annoys me to no end on Kashyyyk(sp) islands, the NE cp. you always spawn facing the north, when the other cp's are south and west of you.

ANd the RV (Rihen Var or something :p) map the light house your back is always to the map (facing the wall) so snipers in the outlaying command posts can take you out easy.

If someone is spawn-camping: spawn at a different Command Post. If they're in a vehicle they'll most likely get out and take the Command Post, but there's nothing stopping you from getting it back if your team doesn't suck.

If your only remaining Command Post is camped: tough, you're about to lose anyway; might as well accept defeat, considering it's just a silly online video game.

If it's such a problem that every Command Post is camped: go to a different server (perhaps one with lucrative administration).

Applying logic to your problems can create amazing results! :D

Originally posted by TK-8252

If someone is spawn-camping: spawn at a different Command Post. If they're in a vehicle they'll most likely get out and take the Command Post, but there's nothing stopping you from getting it back if your team doesn't suck.

If your only remaining Command Post is camped: tough, you're about to lose anyway; might as well accept defeat, considering it's just a silly online video game.

If it's such a problem that every Command Post is camped: go to a different server (perhaps one with lucrative administration).

Applying logic to your problems can create amazing results! :D

Hear hear, got it, roger that! :)

gets better after Punksville go to bed too this game will only go up as it gets better. Lookin forward to it!

The problem is some spawn points are really small, and that people spawn right beside you when you are taking over a spawnpoint. If you have some kind of rocket launcher, you don't have much choice then to fire it imediately. It would be better if players spawn a little bit more away from the spawnpoint, and not right beside it like in cloud city.

Originally posted by Mountainforest

The problem is some spawn points are really small, and that people spawn right beside you when you are taking over a spawnpoint. If you have some kind of rocket launcher, you don't have much choice then to fire it imediately. It would be better if players spawn a little bit more away from the spawnpoint, and not right beside it like in cloud city.

yes, there are always issues. more spawn points or more spread out would be nice. And possibly a view of the command post you're spawning into so you can see enemy positions, not for advantage but to avoid spawn kills. That's be better then invincibility which doesn't allow you to shoot anyway.

Originally posted by dvader0571

yes, there are always issues. more spawn points or more spread out would be nice. And possibly a view of the command post you're spawning into so you can see enemy positions, not for advantage but to avoid spawn kills. That's be better then invincibility which doesn't allow you to shoot anyway.

What would you do if you see there's an enemy at one of your cps? spawn somewhere else? Cause I'd spawn right there to prevent the cp from being taken.

"If your only remaining Command Post is camped: tough, you're about to lose anyway; might as well accept defeat, considering it's just a silly online video game."

I've seen tons of come-backs in BF1942. Having only one control point left does not mean that you are going to lose.

"If it's such a problem that every Command Post is camped: go to a different server (perhaps one with lucrative administration)."

How do you define "camped"? You have to be in the flag area to capture the control point. If someone spawns there, what are you supposed to do, let him kill you or walk away? Nope, kill him.

I don't see what a "lucrative administration" has to do with "camping". You can't kick people for doing what they're supposed to be doing.

If you want a spawn time of 1 second, you've got to live with "spawn camping". Plain and simple.

How do you define "camped"? You have to be in the flag area to capture the control point. If someone spawns there, what are you supposed to do, let him kill you or walk away? Nope, kill him.

This is completely true- look at it from the other point of view. I've had tonnes of times when i've been accused of spawn camping when im just trying to take a command post. And i don't see the problem of having a vehicle there as long as it is with infantry as well to take the CP. If the vehicles are covering the infantry, its not camping, it's support, which is how team games are supposed to work- through combined forces.

Having only one control point left does not mean that you are going to lose.

This is especially true of the imperials, and to a lesser extent the republic- the jet pack troopers are both fast enough to breakout and take another CP on the other side of the map, which is almost certainly unguarded. I've even done this with the Droideka, though its far more difficult.

Spawn camping is just sitting there in a tank and blasting everyone who spawns, without any intent to actually capture the Command Post.

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

I've seen tons of come-backs in BF1942. Having only one control point left does not mean that you are going to lose.

However chances are you are getting dangerously close to running out of reinforcements. Come-backs are usually unlikely.

Originally posted by Immolator

This is completely true- look at it from the other point of view. I've had tonnes of times when i've been accused of spawn camping when im just trying to take a command post. And i don't see the problem of having a vehicle there as long as it is with infantry as well to take the CP. If the vehicles are covering the infantry, its not camping, it's support, which is how team games are supposed to work- through combined forces.

I think the focus of this thread is when the vehicle is alone, not even attempting to capture the command post, just killing those who spawn there for easy points.

Spawn camping is just sitting there in a tank and blasting everyone who spawns, without any intent to actually capture the Command Post.

[And]

I think the focus of this thread is when the vehicle is alone, not even attempting to capture the command post, just killing those who spawn there for easy points.

With all due respect, look at it from their point of view for a second. I'd feel were wrong simply abandoning an enemy control point if I was in a tank. But I couldn't exit the tank either, as I'd be dead faster than a paralyzed mouse in a nest full of Rancors. So I wait for reinforcements on foot to appear.

I haven't actually got my hands on SWBF yet, although I am going to at least try it by renting it or something (that PC demo is obviously "never" coming out) and then maybe buy it. But from what I've heard, vehicles are very overpowered. I believe this is the case if you can't simply spawn as an antitank (Vanguard, right?) trooper and take the thing out, or at least severely damage it.

However chances are you are getting dangerously close to running out of reinforcements. Come-backs are usually unlikely.

I've seen tonnes of come-backs, so no, it's not unlikely. Also, I can say from experience that once there is only one control point left, "everyone" will rush to take it and no one will guard the other control points. Whenever my team holds all control posts but one, I think "OK, how long's this going to last?";)

I never found campers to be too much of a problem with SWBF. Sure, it's annoying to spawn only to get blown away by someone sitting in a vehical, but it hasn't happened too often to me. A lot of maps have command posts that aren't even accessible by vehical, anyways. It's usually hard enough to get a vehical near a command post, why not take advantage of it in the short time you have there before enemy anti-vehical units converge on you? The only map where that isn't the case that comes to mind is Endor, but who really wants to be Imperial there anyways?

With BF1942 it was much easier. You had static spawn points the enemy could not take and you had the regular ones. It was no written law but everyone knew static cp=no camping but regular cp=yes to camping.

BFV had the same system as SWBF and spawn camping was a really great problem while in BF1942, it wasn't so much.

Originally posted by Zytsef

I never found campers to be too much of a problem with SWBF. Sure, it's annoying to spawn only to get blown away by someone sitting in a vehical, but it hasn't happened too often to me. A lot of maps have command posts that aren't even accessible by vehical, anyways. It's usually hard enough to get a vehical near a command post, why not take advantage of it in the short time you have there before enemy anti-vehical units converge on you? The only map where that isn't the case that comes to mind is Endor, but who really wants to be Imperial there anyways?

guess you don't really play Tattoine (Dune Sea) or Naboo (both maps) or Rhen Var

Archived