Home

Scott Peterson = Teh guilty.

IG-64

Ah, I really don't care about being accused of "sinking to their level". I also realize that vengeance is not justice. But this case has angered me. If he did something like this to someone in my family, I would gladly take care of it myself. I think they need to fire up ol' sparky on this guy. Mabey a couple of misfires in the process. Or hopefully the will take care of him in prison. I don't consider this a debate. These are just my feelings. And I'm not trying to pursuade either way on the need or not of capitol punishment. But he's lived a good life. Why should he be the recipient of free food, cable TV, internet or whatever? Oh well, he considered himself a player as a husband, maybe he can be a player in prison.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he did something like this to someone in my family, I would gladly take care of it myself.
That's why we don't allow families of victims to decide what punishment to give offenders, because they're too emotionally involved to dispassionately weigh up what punishment the crime merits.

Or don't you care about JUSTICE? Justice is proportionate punishment to the crime.

I think they need to fire up ol' sparky on this guy. Mabey a couple of misfires in the process.
Sadistic and reprihensible sentiment, you should be ashamed of yourself. Let's just bring back stoning, shall we? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Spider AL

my incredibly huge brain

How modest! :D

"An eye for an eye, and the whole world would be blind" ~ Mahatma Ghandi

You do know that Ghandi's saying doesn't even make sense, right? Not everyone is a murderer, therefore the whole world wouldn't be "blind" (dead). Just the murderers.

That's why we don't allow families of victims to decide what punishment to give offenders, because they're too emotionally involved to dispassionately weigh up what punishment the crime merits.]

Or don't you care about JUSTICE? Justice is proportionate punishment to the crime.

No, you are absolutely right about that.

Sadistic and reprihensible sentiment, you should be ashamed of yourself. Let's just bring back stoning, shall we? :rolleyes:

Actually, not at all. You fragmented what I said and took it out of context. Here is what I said:

Originally posted by ronbrothers I don't consider this a debate. These are just my feelings. And I'm not trying to pursuade either way on the need or not of capitol punishment. But he's lived a good life. Why should he be the recipient of free food, cable TV, internet or whatever? Oh well, he considered himself a player as a husband, maybe he can be a player in prison.

So put yourself in the shoes of the Rocha family. I would not be so tastless to try to speak for them, but shame would be the least that I'd feel for having such feelings.

No Ron, you actually did say this:

I think they need to fire up ol' sparky on this guy. Mabey a couple of misfires in the process.
And it was a standalone sentence, so I didn't take it "out of context" now, did I? No I didn't. You said it, and yes, I think it's a reprehensible and barbaric sentiment. And yeah, you should be ashamed IMO.

So? People tell me I have big ears (before I grew my hair out so that it covers my ears ), but I don't hear any better now do I?
That's probably because your ears are covered with hair.

The only thing covering my brain is knowledge. :eyeraise:

I've never really underdstood why people want to celebrate court verdicts. Glorying in the fact someone may suffer and die is tasteless in the extreme, but even celebrating a conviction is pretty daft imho.

I can see why those involved in a case might celebrate the verdict they had hoped for, but for the rest of us who know very little about the case to celebrate any verdict is a bit odd. It's like celebrating your team's victory or something.

I've never heard of this case, but i'll assume that justice was done and the right verdict was reached. Good. Thats what is supposed to happen. Should I celebrate that? That is like celebrating because gravity still works.

I can only assume that those that are celebrating had a pre-concieved idea of what the verdict should be, but i doubt they have the knowledge to make an informed decision. Either that or they guy was really obviously guilty, in which case it is again no surprise that he was convicted.

:confused:

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Well no, not me personally, as I have nothing against the man. But if that were my sister/mother/wife etc...Yeah. I'd want to go as many notches below the level of the horror of the crime he committed as the law would allow. In fact, if I was sure I'd never get caught, or nobody would care, I'd delve even further into the depths below his level to make sure I got satisfaction. Who started it would not concern me. Only who finished it. Too much money, tax paying money, is spent keeping these people pampered. I think capitol punishment is a fine, and under-used idea. I think petty crimes should also be met with death or at the very least, severe maiming. In fact, one of the most hillarious things I can think of involves replacing those annoying anti shoplifting security strips with small ammounts of explosives. Just enough to cripple and/or maim the person carrying the stolen goods. I have lots of good ideas if only people would stop being panzys and use them.

I am with you all the way Capn.

And I have no problem with saying good f***int riddance. One less scumbag in the world.

Archived