Home

jokemaster

I dunno if anyone watches this show, but it's FREAKIN' AWESOME! It takes place in real-time so it's boring in parts, but it's exciting, the episodes usually have this awesome cliffhanger. Like one ended in mid-car crash b/c the hour was up! recmmended to anyone who likes thrillers, suspense, dramas, and are fans of Kiefer Sutherland.

The idea is great. The exectution is patchy.

On the whole i liked the first series, but it went through definate peaks and troughs. It started great, then got really dull in th middle. Then got really good. Then lost it a bit. then ended well.

They also have a hard time finding things to occupy characters while the other characters are up to things (Mom stopped by police for half an hour so that kiefer can have some adventure, then he gets delayed while she has her adventure.).

The second series had lost a bit of the originality factor, but they had definately improved the "flow" of the whole thing, with less "stop-start" sections and a more even flow thoughout.

The daughter running around pointlessly for the whole series got a bit dull though.

In their wisdom BBC decided not to go with the third series, so i haven't seen it... but i'll probably pick it up on dvd if i see it cheap.

-------------

I was thinking a few nights ago that they should go with a Memento meets 24 type series.... have each episode be set BEFORE the last one, so that you trace the downfall of jack bauer or something.

Originally posted by --ZeeMan--

the director's a genius

filming in real-time isn't new.

anyone remember the film 'nick of time' starring johnny depp? that was filmed in real-time.

still its a very good premise for a TV show.

the first one was good, although slow at times. i haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd one yet.

Archived