Home

Stormtrooper Mod

TK-425

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If a Stormtrooper mod were to be made I would buy the game just for that. I have no interest in these Republic Commando things. They just don't seem like something from Star Wars. The gameplay looks great though with the gadgets and helmet displays like Stormtroopers have.

I've read that the Republic Commando's main weapon is the DC-17m rifle, which is way more advanced than an E-11 blaster. It has anti-armor grenade launcher and sniper attachments. For this I suggest that the Stormtrooper's weapon would be the BlasTech DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle, which was used by many Stormtroopers on Tatooine and a few on the Death Star. It was carried by Han disguised in Stormtrooper armor in addition to an E-11, and later used by Chewie to blast detention block AA-23's guards and security devices. In SWBF it has a sniper scope attachment, and I imagine it could impliment a grenade launcher attachment. However, I've also read that the Republic Commando carries a back-up pistol, the DC-15s pistol, which is an early E-11 blaster. Although the E-11 has a fully-automatic mode, in the movies it was always seen used in semi-automatic mode, so I think the E-11 could be the "pistol" even though it's technically a rifle.

Stormtroopers carry one thermal detonator (that's what that canister-shaped object on the back of their belt is) and two concussion grenades. In the trailers I've seen the commandos placing explosive charges and stuff, so they could also carry Merr-Sonn 7-PrG Proton Grenades (used by Han to destroy the shield bunker on Endor) and laser cutting devices, which Stormtroopers used for breaches (watch ANH where Stormtroopers cut through to the detention block to investigate a "weapons malfunction" - they used these cutting devices).

There is actually a Storm Commando based on the Scout Trooper, but like the Republic Commando, I really don't like the way it looks, and it's not like something from Star Wars. Stormtroopers are supposed to be the elite shock troop of the Empire, and it has all the gadgets a Storm Commando would have, so there's no reason why it couldn't replace the Republic Commando.

Of course, it'd be an incredibly huge and involved task to do such a mod. It would require a team of numerous skilled modders, mappers, modelers, and actors. All new models, maps, story, characters, voice acting (which might actually be the hardest thing to get right). The team would have to be at least a dozen of the most talented modders. It's not as easy as just planning "well we'll make a Stormtrooper model to replace the Republic Commandos and some new weapons and enemies." It'd be a total conversion that uses very little if any of the original material. And this all depends on if the devs will offer an SDK (I'm not following Republic Commando - what's the word on support for the modding community?)...

Originally posted by TK-8252

If a Stormtrooper mod were to be made I would buy the game just for that. I have no interest in these Republic Commando things. They just don't seem like something from Star Wars. The gameplay looks great though with the gadgets and helmet displays like Stormtroopers have.

I've read that the Republic Commando's main weapon is the DC-17m rifle, which is way more advanced than an E-11 blaster. It has anti-armor grenade launcher and sniper attachments. For this I suggest that the Stormtrooper's weapon would be the BlasTech DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle, which was used by many Stormtroopers on Tatooine and a few on the Death Star. It was carried by Han disguised in Stormtrooper armor in addition to an E-11, and later used by Chewie to blast detention block AA-23's guards and security devices. In SWBF it has a sniper scope attachment, and I imagine it could impliment a grenade launcher attachment. However, I've also read that the Republic Commando carries a back-up pistol, the DC-15s pistol, which is an early E-11 blaster. Although the E-11 has a fully-automatic mode, in the movies it was always seen used in semi-automatic mode, so I think the E-11 could be the "pistol" even though it's technically a rifle.

Good, I was wondering what to do about the E-11. I was also thinking of maybe the Stormtrooper pistol (I dont remember what its called) in your signature.

Stormtroopers carry one thermal detonator (that's what that canister-shaped object on the back of their belt is) and two concussion grenades. In the trailers I've seen the commandos placing explosive charges and stuff, so they could also carry Merr-Sonn 7-PrG Proton Grenades (used by Han to destroy the shield bunker on Endor) and laser cutting devices, which Stormtroopers used for breaches (watch ANH where Stormtroopers cut through to the detention block to investigate a "weapons malfunction" - they used these cutting devices).

Yeah I know. Though I dont know how i would implement the laser cutting device, without coding.

There is actually a Storm Commando based on the Scout Trooper, but like the Republic Commando, I really don't like the way it looks, and it's not like something from Star Wars. Stormtroopers are supposed to be the elite shock troop of the Empire, and it has all the gadgets a Storm Commando would have, so there's no reason why it couldn't replace the Republic Commando.

Yeah, I didnt like the looks of it either. I really wanted a Stormtrooper but for sake of accuracy I knew I had to use it. I also was thinking what kind of missions I would have to create for them. I mean what locals should I include, and what would they have to do there.

Of course, it'd be an incredibly huge and involved task to do such a mod. It would require a team of numerous skilled modders, mappers, modelers, and actors. All new models, maps, story, characters, voice acting (which might actually be the hardest thing to get right). The team would have to be at least a dozen of the most talented modders. It's not as easy as just planning "well we'll make a Stormtrooper model to replace the Republic Commandos and some new weapons and enemies." It'd be a total conversion that uses very little if any of the original material. And this all depends on if the devs will offer an SDK (I'm not following Republic Commando - what's the word on support for the modding community?)...

Yeah, I know, thats going to be the hard part. I dont know about the SDK. If its not released I probably wont be able to do the mod. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

"I look forward to your mod with great interest."

But I think Stormtroopers as such are too generic. I mean, they're +1 on Clones, not Clone Commandos. This is like the American army versus the WW2 SAS.

Although I can't think of a decent "elite" Stormtrooper without being corny and thinking of Darktroopers.

Clone Commandos look very menacing in METAL armour, I think it's most likely continuity errors but stormies have been killed and then some. They've lost their "fear factor", if any. These Clones make Master Chief look like a small kid.

You don't need to use the storm commando. Normal stormies would also do fine, hell, if you're gonna make a total conversion anyway, why not throw in a larger team, to make it look more realistic...

In short, i like Stormtroopers better than Storm commando's...

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, if youre actually gonna start this mod i can model for you (my hobby)...

i have only one problem, i cant model organic (humans/plants and similar stuff) things.

heres some of my models:

Arasaki.jpg

knife.jpg

Shotgun.jpg

VampKnife_1.png

........ if anybody wants more, post here or send me a PM.

After playing the demo I'd say this game would be perfect for Stormtroopers. And the Clone Adviser could be an Imperial Officer. :D

Course... this time, you'd be fighting the Wookiees (uh-oh). :p

Stormtrooper mod or not, the demo (them releasing an awesome demo shows they actually care about us) convinced me the game's well worth buying.

Originally posted by NiCK-LeSS

hey guys, if youre actually gonna start this mod i can model for you (my hobby)...

i have only one problem, i cant model organic (humans/plants and similar stuff) things.

heres some of my models:

Arasaki.jpg

knife.jpg

Shotgun.jpg

VampKnife_1.png

........ if anybody wants more, post here or send me a PM.

Looks like we have ourselves a weapon modeler!:D

Now that I've seen how the DC-17 works, I'm thinking that the E-11 could replace it instead of a DLT-19. Since there's no melee claw on Stormtroopers, the E-11 would have to be used in melee attacks. I'd suggest the same motion as the Slaver's shotgun.

For sniper attachments, the stock would be placed in its rear position, the scope would be removed and a longer scope would be placed on, and the barrel extension like on the DC-17 sniper would be placed on.

For anti-armor, the barrel would be removed and the very same attachment from the DC-17 would be placed on, and the scope would be removed. Sort of like this.

Then the DC-15 pistol would be that pistol in my sig. SWBF calls it an SE-14r Pistol.

And about explosives and stuff...

There'll need to be less grenades. You start out with just one Imperial-issue thermal detonator and two concussion grenades, however they'll be set up. You could pick up conventional thermal detonators, sonic grenades, flash grenades, etc. throughout the mission, but never deploy with them.

But instead of demolition charges for busting through walls, a Stormtrooper could use a small cutting torch attached on his belt to cut open a hole and then have you blow the weak spot out with one of your weapons (like the Stormtroopers breaking into detention block AA-23).

Archived