Home

Stormtrooper Mod

TK-425

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Nice work Phirestorm. Could you combine more of the shape in my picture with your HUD? I think I probably want to let the outer edges & corners be slightly out of view, somewhat like yours but a little less. Also, I probably want the crosshair from SWRC, only with a dot in the middle to help in accuracy Otherwise, do whatever you want to to make it look right. Oh, and keep the bump on the top, it makes it look cool.

my.php?loc=img231&image=sthudg4im.jpg

I think if Phirestorm were to bring up the outsides of the lower part in an upward curve and then sharpen the upward lift in the middle, that would make the lower part of the helmet perfect. The only other thing would be to have a sharp dip at the top to suggest that there are two separate eye holes yet because of how close you are to the helmet your perception makes it into one image.

Other than that, I think PS has it perfectly.

Me niether;)

Originally posted by Deth Metal

I think if Phirestorm were to bring up the outsides of the lower part in an upward curve and then sharpen the upward lift in the middle, that would make the lower part of the helmet perfect. The only other thing would be to have a sharp dip at the top to suggest that there are two separate eye holes yet because of how close you are to the helmet your perception makes it into one image.

Other than that, I think PS has it perfectly.

I agree.

Don't know whether you've seen this(or someone's already posted it) but someone on GameSpot made a concept of an Imperial Commando. All they really changed was the helmet though; But it looks pretty good. Perhaps you could use it for reference.

imperial_thumb001.jpg

I have made the new hud!, I included suggestions from you guys, but reorganized it a little to make it flow better. I'm opposed to the sharp point, it will be much to distracting, but a smoother bump will be better.

http://img39.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img39&image=hud1to.png

I made some of it transparent too, so here what it could look like as a concept in-game.

http://img14.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img14&image=hudinaction5lp.png

Thanks Boba Tea but those are Republic Stormtrooper heads put on a Clone Commando body, thanks anyway.

And PhireStorm, thats pretty good (and thanks for your effort) but I'm not crazy about your last one. I dont really want you to stray to much off of what you had before. I think if you could go back to the one you had, keep the square bump on the top, just raise the outer bottom edges a little, and make the center just a little sharper, but not too sharp and not too high into the center of the image, basicly make it more like the shape of what I had. And if you dont want to do anymore with it, if you could give me the images I could fiddle with it.

And Nokill, I might take you up on that offer in time, I was also thinking of doing a writeup call on Republiccommando.net.

Woah,decent Hud display! Just one thing. You don't need a shield bar do you? These are storm troopers, their arnour doesn't self-regenerate, anyway, make it harder for the player. :p

Also, can't the "health" bar be tucked over the "nose"? doesn't need to be a massive bar like in RC, something modest could work?

I really like that idea TK. I also was thinking how to explain away the armor recharge. I was just going to wave it away with "troopers fix the armor after a short period of time"

While we are on the topic of the HUD,...

http://i147.exs.cx/img147/7780/2hud3go.jpg

It would be nice if someone could make it a larger picture.

We can edit it easier with this picture

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/5981/3hud6kg.jpg

[sarcasm]Well, thanks to everyone in the thread.[/sarcasm] I finally got the HUD to be close to the right size. But before I show everyone, I want to add all the details. So, TK, is this whare the HUD is? It doesent quite line up.

Resealing armour? Well, don't start arguing about EU vs non EU. :p Sounds OK. I dunno, I just feel stormies don't have blatent high tech going for them, more function than style obviously, so I feel a "modest" Hud works in their favour.

Heck, it's your mod anyway, sounds more exciting by the day!

i was under the impression that a HUD isn't something you necessarily look AT, but rather something that is in your field of vision. and its purpose is so the viewer does not have to look away from what is directly in front. so TK-8252's reply is accurate, as all the ammo/health/shield information would be projected onto the 2 helmet viewports.

Archived