Home

Stormtrooper Mod

TK-425

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Drax Kreiger

For the pistol, you could try using the BlasTech DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol. It was the pistol used in Jedi Knight, and it has a scope and everything.

Or, the correct pistol could be used.

Originally posted by Drax Kreiger

But why would you only have 3 grenades? Even in Halo you get 8 total. I would think that a some of an Stormtrooper's weaponry would consist of grenades.

Ah, if only people would read my posts I wouldn't have to quote myself.

Originally posted by TK-8252

Stormtroopers carry one thermal detonator (that's what that canister-shaped object on the back of their belt is) and two concussion grenades.

I really wasnt going for realism. I was going for things that would make the game better. But as for the pistol, as far as I know, there was only one pistol in Jedi Knight. And since some Imps used a pistol, I guess they would have to have used the BlasTech one.

No offence, and I appreciate your trieing to help and everything but I am striving for Star Wars universe realism. If I wasnt I would have used the Stormtrooper instead of the Stormtrooper Commando. Also, take a look at the raven Jediknight stormtrooper, then watch the trilogy, get my point:dozey: Here, http://www.forumforfree.com/forums/index.php?mforum=realismprojectm&act=ST&f=7&t=6 I might have a website up soon, but for now I just have the forum

You are going to make this exciting though, aren't you? Last thing needed is to get anal about details. Yes, technical realism is good, but perhaps Imps need to be able to NOT get 0wned by a bunch of teddy bears? No?

I've got some great character backgrounds if you're interested. But I'm a thinker rather than a do-er...sadly.

Well, I wasnt quite thinking of movie missions but I suppose your right. You would have to skip the behind enemy lines line though. Btw, tell us what you have for chars Redtech. And for the getting boged down in details the answer is, the Star Wars movies were fun werent they:dozey:

The movies were fun because the Empire sucked so badly, they lost, remember?

IMHO, the films were based around their heroes, the Stormies were scenery that shot back sometimes.

I would love to see Stormies actually making some sort of comeback. True, "realism" is convincing. But then, I would prefer if the AI were able to hit a target! Haven't got a beef with weapons and classes, however.

--------------------

Anyway, here are some troop profiles I thought up, I'd really appreciate it if you gave some feedback.

Firstly, thought it’d be easier if there are 4 troopers, add some if you want, heck it’s your mod.

Second, I have NO CLUE as to sensible squad code numbers.

Third, any gaps are probably deliberate, add what you want.

Fourth, works for Stromtroopers, OR Storm Commandos. Choice is yours. :p

Squad Leader:

(Playable character)

Nickname: Lead

Profile: A veteran approaching retirement age, Lead has lead dozens of troopers under his command, many have moved on, but far too many died through their own stupidity. As such, he tries not to get emotionally attached to his unit although he looks apon them like his children and the unit as his family. Despite receiving many commendations for bravery and performance attributes, Lead declined the chance of any further promotion to continue to play a far more active role in the Empire’s ranks. A model trooper that many aspire to be. Lead has survived by not playing by the rules. But instead of throwing out the rulebooks, as many younger troopers have mistakenly done, he prefers to add new pages. He is known to be very much in control and is flexible, using enemy weapons or his bare hands to destroy a target if need be. Nothing stops the mission succeeding.

He is unmarried and has no children. The squad is literally his family and he secretly fears that without it, he may as well not exist.

Squad 2nd:

(Resident sniper)

Nickname: Scope

Profile: A prodigiously gifted sniper, Scope ascended through the ranks quickly solely due to his excellent marksmanship and amazing kill ratios. This has lead to suspicion that he is force-talented, which is immediately rebuked with swear words as violent as his kills and has lead to minor scuffles in the past. Unknowingly, he is force-talented, but not enough to do any significant feats of ‘Jedi Magic’. Rather, he would say he has a ‘gift’ for knowing precisely where an enemy’s vital organs are. At home with a scope equipped weapon, he is deadly at close range as well, simply because he absolutely hates being disturbed by friend or foe from his sniping.

He is cool, and almost unemotional from the outside, despite simmering deep inside, yet is fairly tolerant and enjoys leading from a supporting role, after all, he knows exactly where everyone is.

A career soldier, Scope plans to one day lead a squad of his own and while he enjoys being under the control of Lead, Scope is not comfortable with Lead’s unconventional methods, especially ones Lead rebukes others for doing. He never lets Grudge watch his back..

Squad 3rd:

(Demoman)

Nickname: Grudge

Profile: Possibly the exact opposite of Lead, Grudge is coarse-mouthed and very violent, even by trooper standards. He follows the Emperor’s anti-non-human sentiment to fanatical lengths. As a youth from a relatively poor family, he was constantly frustrated with non-humans, the way they stole jobs rightfully deserved for humans, their foreign smells and languages, their filthy customs and worst of all, their criminals. His parents were killed by a group of non-humans and their bodies thrown into a trash compactor when their search for valuables proved empty.

Grudge immediately signed up to become a trooper 2 years underage. When his test scores came back, the shock of the recruitment officers made him immediately accepted. Tatooine was his first assignment, and Grudge would say that it was the second worst moment of his entire life.

Grudge has received many reprimands for excessive force, for destroying houses, religious temples, or public utilities in order to complete the mission, but they are all turned into commendations. When a criminal cell is wiped out in a single explosion, or a known bounty hunter is killed when his landspeeder explodes, or a rebel informant (and her family) are killed in their own home, people pay attention. Personally, Grudge doesn’t see any problems with his methods. After all, they’re not human. Just don’t get him started about the Rebels. He hates them even more.

Squad 4th

(All-round trooper)

Nickname: Wings

Profile: The youngest trooper in the squad, originally, wings planned on entering the Imperial academy to become a pilot. However, despite a consistent high score, he failed the final exams and dropped out. He doesn’t begrudge being a trooper however, infact, he has a zeal which often frustrates his squad. Yet none would say he doesn’t deserve a second chance, after all, it was a stand-off between the rebels and the imperials that lead to the death of Wings’ mother and the resultant test failure. He knows the rebels killed his mother and as such, Wings can’t stand them, but not to the levels of Grudge, although Grudge is sympathetic and tends to call him “kid brother”, mainly to annoy him.

Wings is very by-the-book and so tends to empathise with Scope the most, when things get ugly, although Wings is not afraid of ‘borrowing’ a weapon and turning it on its former owner. Wings is known for using an E11 like the bolts came out of his hands and is a surprisingly good shot regardless. He still has a love for aircraft and talks about them constantly, which is a good distraction in between the regular bouts of chaos. He enjoys travelling to new locations and likes to have almost sadistic fun when everyone else is loosing their heads…literally.

Originally posted by Redtech

The movies were fun because the Empire sucked so badly, they lost, remember?

Only sucked at shooting the heroes. Watch the Tantive IV boarding party to see how Stormtroopers can really kick ass. :p

Anyway, to be honest I think "lead" would be a weak nickname. Maybe "sarge" or however you spell the short for sergeant.

Yeah, pretty good red, although I probably will change or exclude some things for having a little to much drama for being a Stormtrooper:) Also, I dont know about nicknames, I like just calling them by there code(more like the movies). Btw TK, I was thinking about Echo company? Also TK, what trooper would you like to be in the game(besides the leader)?

If there's no nicknames then it takes away a huge part of their personalities! From the conversations we hear in the Jedi Knight games we know that some Stormtroopers aren't by-the-book and very well have their own personalities and have companions among their squad.

Echo company? Ehh... on Hoth it'd be weird being Echo squad attacking Echo Base.

What troop would I be other than the leader? Eh... none. :p

Originally posted by TK-8252

Only sucked at shooting the heroes. Watch the Tantive IV boarding party to see how Stormtroopers can really kick ass. :p

Anyway, to be honest I think "lead" would be a weak nickname. Maybe "sarge" or however you spell the short for sergeant.

Ever seen the Matrix trilogy? The enemies in that were tougher than nails, yet the heroes won. I mean, in the third one, they were running across the ceiling?...

They were really string opponents in those films.

-----

Sarge is a bit "generic" though, I mean, he isn't a Quake 3 bot! Lead is a tad weak though, I didn't want him being called "leader!"

Originally posted by TK42235

Yeah, pretty good red, although I probably will change or exclude some things for having a little to much drama for being a Stormtrooper:) Also, I dont know about nicknames, I like just calling them by there code(more like the movies).

I think nicknames are handy, because being human, we relate to names better than numbers. Doesn't mean they don't call each other by numbers, but I doubt anyone is going to be able to tell that TK223021921 is the sociopath and TP 5302943029 is the quiet one just by name. :p

Don't make their stories too dull now, it's Star Wars, where else can a farmboy be the hero of the rebel alliance and a whole army can be created out of the best bounty hunter of the era?!?

just because from the exterior they are nameless and faceless, there's no reason why they cannot have unique personalities. by the time of the OT, there are significantly more non-clones in the ranks, as the clone wars have depleted the inventory, and the academy is actively recruiting. therefore, it's a given they come from different backgrounds and have completely different stories.

ever see the fan-flick Troops? even though you don't know much about the individual troopers, you get a sense that they are unique individuals underneath the armor, rather than single-minded, brainwashed cannon fodder.

are there plans to help visually distinguish who's who? i don't see the RC's paint schemes to be appropriate for stormtroopers ... maybe the HUD gives each squad member a color-coded 'halo' of sorts? just thinking out loud ...

Originally posted by adillon

are there plans to help visually distinguish who's who? i don't see the RC's paint schemes to be appropriate for stormtroopers ... maybe the HUD gives each squad member a color-coded 'halo' of sorts? just thinking out loud ...

There could be little things like maybe Wings gets a holster, Scope gets some ammo pouches on his belt (like on Sandtroopers), Grudge's armor is especially dirty, stuff like that.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about how to tell them appart adillon. I think probably if its postible have the number and rank (mabe the name of the trooper?) like http://www.stardestroyer.net speculates probably to halo though. Also, I like TK's idea too. As for nicknames, I still dont know. Howabout actual names being used instead of nicknames (maybe some more free spirited trooper(s?) may use a nickname here or there?) I still dont like using a bunch of nicknames for Stormtroopers. Unless someone here comes up with some really good ones:D And yes, I have seen Troops (and enjoyed it!:D) I downloaded it onto a CD that got corupted. But thats beside the matter at hand, there was no question each trooper should have his own personality. It was a question of using nicknames for every Stormtrooper. TK, can you post everything you know about Stormtroopers here that you havent?

There's no need for that (plus I'd be sitting here all night ;) ).

It's an option for real names to be used (since this squad might be regular recruits rather than clones), but still, I like the way it's done for the Republic Commandos. I think that a Stormtrooper mod should keep as much structure of the game as close to Republic Commando as possible. It'd be different using just numbers, or real names and numbers, or nicknames and numbers like in RC.

I've alwase wanted to have the hud thing for the mod so I think I will go along with it. I think I will have it display the numbers & real names. Also, if we were to use nicknames, howabout we come up with some really fitting ones that dont sound to silly that sound Star Wars and very militaresque and tough sounding. Maybe some real names too.

Archived