Home

Stormtrooper Mod

TK-425

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was just checking out the star wars databank to see of there was anything describing the stormtroopers to help visually differentiate them. here's an idea for the squad leader ...

Officers were denoted with colored shoulder pauldrons.

as for the squad as a whole, *MAYBE* they could be sandtroopers, because ...

Desert stormtroopers, or sandtroopers, were identical to normal stormtroopers except for their specialized training and slightly modified armor. This elite corps emphasized independent-thinking more than standard stormtrooper units.

the sandtroopers especially seem to wear various types of equipment (backpacks, belts, etc). they still have the standard white color, but of all the mutliple versions of the 'trooper they seem to have the most variation.

They'd only be Sandtroopers on Tatooine (or if there would be any other desert planets). Everyone (except if you could somehow see yourself) would just have black pauldrons, since they're not officers.

But it doesn't matter really what you look like, because you can't see anything on yourself except your arms.

In FPS games there's some quick and easy ways to tell who's who when everyone has an identical skin...

The player's name floating over their model, the "team beacon" icon, crosshair colors when mouse-ing over their model, etc.

As to making a Single Player mode with these individualistic troopers, yeah, you could do it there too.

Originally posted by TK-8252

They'd only be Sandtroopers on Tatooine (or if there would be any other desert planets).

correct, but i was sharing that info as an example which could be carried over to this MOD as a way to individualize the members of the squad. it's been dealt with in star wars canon, so i don't see a reason to 'borrow' that idea for these guys, even though they're not sandtroopers.

Originally posted by adillon

correct, but i was sharing that info as an example which could be carried over to this MOD as a way to individualize the members of the squad. it's been dealt with in star wars canon, so i don't see a reason to 'borrow' that idea for these guys, even though they're not sandtroopers.

Huh?

Btw, do you think we would be able to use Hapslashes models? I mean the ones strait out of 3ds MAX. Not the ones he has converted to JA.

Originally posted by TK42235

Huh?

well, star wars canon has given a type of stormtrooper variation ... in this case it is the sandtrooper. that said, there's no reason why you cannot take a similar idea and have it reflect with this mod.

after all, they went off the beaten path by giving the RCs personalized armor and nicknames, why not do that with the characters in the mod but in keeping with something that's been 'officially' established in the star wars universe.

heh, i probably didn't clarify a thing ...

:p

Originally posted by adillon

we all know the expendable stormtrooper couldn't shoot the broad side of a barn.

;)

Obi-wan: And these blast points, too accurate for Sandpeople. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise. ;)

So what would we call the mod? I was thinking about Galactic Empire mod. But that makes it sound too big for what we are doing. We cannot call it Stormtrooper Commando because were not using Stormtrooper Commandos.

Archived