Home

Ladder Meaningless

Landmark15

It is too easy to run up points to be on the ladder. All one has to do is pick a server and be the only one in there, playing only against bots. Also have noticed that many servers that have Team Select tend to have all players migrate to one side. Until these options can be rectified, the ladder has no meaning to rankings and skill. Limit ladder points to servers with a minimum of live players, and only rooms with Auto Select teams.

The ladder was always meaningless.

There isn't really a points system, your only points are kills. Your other attributes don't matter at all.

It was always broken and basicly its who plays the longest who's on top. I hardly login to gamespy (I did automaticly login with 1.0 so i could join servers faster) and I couldn't care less who's #1.

By ladder I am assuming you mean the Gamespy ladder on the SWBF official site.

This is a team game, so any individual ladder is pretty much worthless to start with. Clan ladders are going to be the true grading system for players.

Besides, people are all excited about how they got 50 or 100 kills. Big flippin deal. With servers that have 500 tickets of course someone is gonna get a crap load of kills, and if you are just going for kills it's pretty freakin easy to get them. I have seen teams where the top guy had 50 some kills, 20 more then the other teams leader, and STILL loose the game. That's pretty pathetic.

If someone has the most kills on the server and their team still looses it tells me either their team really sucked, or they aren't a team player and are more concerned about individual stats. Most times it's the latter!

I see so many people posting, "hey look at me, I went 50-0-0" or "I went 60 kills 3 deaths and 1 capture. I got that one capture so you know I wasn't in a vehicle the whole time." Who freakin cares. Do you not see the dozens and dozens of other posts saying the same. It's NOT hard to do at all.

And an FYI, you CAN get a capture while in a vehicle. All you need is to be by a spawn point in the vehicle and have a teammate capture the CP. Then you get a capture as well, so no 1 capture does not prove you weren't in a vehicle the same time.

If you get 10 CP captures, that will impress me more then 100 kills.

Archived